PDA

View Full Version : Radio Broadcast Problems

BU97
08-28-2004, 12:36 PM
Have any of ya'll ever experienced sideline headset problems because of the radio broadcast? Our headsets were totally worthless last night because the radio station had an antenna on top of the pressbox. It is always nice to play a big game with no help from the box! Isn't there a rule that says that if one team's headsets are not working that the other team can't use their's either? Or is that just in the NCAA? We asked the refs and they didn't know.

jason
08-28-2004, 12:39 PM
i belive that if a teams arent working them it would be good sportsmanship for the other team to not use theirs...but technically its not their fault yall stuff isnt working, ya know...but since it was cause by something yall couldnt help they shouldnt have got to use theirs...

Gobbla2001
08-28-2004, 12:41 PM
Or you can do like the Edna coaches and go commando (well, headset-wise anyhow)...

TXMike
08-28-2004, 12:42 PM
The NCAA rules which are what we use for HS football in Texas do not require both teams to turn off headsets if 1 team's fail. That is a NFL rule.

jason
08-28-2004, 12:46 PM
5A Copperas Cove still uses the headsets with cords, so there are 2 sets of 4 cords (blue and yellow) all over the sidelines...

Gobbla2001
08-28-2004, 12:52 PM
Cuero uses the headset system from the Flintones...

They have a box attatched to their belt... They press the button, say what they need to say, then a prehistoric bird pops out and flies up to the press box etc...

BU97
08-29-2004, 01:56 PM
That is still better than two dixie cups and a string!

I still say that it had to be the radio tower because we've never had both the offensive and defensive sets go down at the same time. It sure sucks that when the radio actually takes an interest in your game, it causes major problems. We didn't figure out what the problem was until the second half and were not real sure until the next day when we tried to use the headsets again and they were fine. Oh well.

exbccards76'smom
08-29-2004, 02:09 PM
BC"s uses headsets, but as for as I know, never had problems with radio stations interferring. I believe that the one local station that does our games uses the tele to broadcast.

Old Tiger
08-29-2004, 02:16 PM
Rockdale uses string and old cans of corn as head sets.... j/k :D