PDA

View Full Version : How do you bbq YOUR brisket?

Gobbla2001
08-28-2004, 12:25 PM
How do you do yours?

I have to bbq for a buncha folks this weekend, figured I'd get myself in the mood for it...

Ranger Mom
08-28-2004, 02:44 PM
I let mine marinate all night in liquid smoke and worcheshire sauce....when I get ready to cook it, I sprinkle lemon pepper and garlic powder on it....then wrap it up really good in foil and turn it over to my husband....the rest is up to him!!

jason
08-28-2004, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
and turn it over to my husband....the rest is up to him!! so what you're saying is that without men, women couldnt survive....:clap: :clap: :clap:

Ranger Mom
08-28-2004, 03:09 PM
Ummm....Jason....don't even go there!!:hand:

jason
08-28-2004, 03:16 PM
Ummm....Jason....don't even go there!!:hand: oh, i already did girlfriend...:hand: :hand: :hand:

:inlove:

Ranger Mom
08-28-2004, 03:18 PM
Hey...who do you think cooked yours and Kyles breakfast burritos at the meet and greet? It darn sure wasn't Jimmy or Tony!!

jason
08-28-2004, 03:25 PM
Hey...who do you think cooked yours and Kyles breakfast burritos at the meet and greet? It darn sure wasn't Jimmy or Tony!! lol, oh so that explains why it wasnt done right...

Gobbla2001
08-28-2004, 03:51 PM
neato...

venomous tat2
08-28-2004, 04:24 PM
Here's what i do

First. I always use these seasonings accent,garlic salt,bar-b-Q seasoning and season all.put it own pretty good.Next i use a 2 prong fork and poke a lot of holes on booth sides( this will allow the seasoning to penetrate).

Second.cook your brisket unwrapped over the heat and check it every 15 mins fat side up first . Now you need to make a mop after you start cooking. Use a small pot but not too small pour a half bottle of vinigar squeeze 2 or 3 lemons cut up half a onion add some salt,pepper, and garlic salt and 1 stick of butter(let it simmer on a low fire for 5 mins or more.)

Third. When your meat starts to brown mop it every time you turn it( this will keep your meat from drying out AND add flavor)do this for 2 to 3 hours.

Fourth. Wrap it up!!! use heavy duty foil get a bottle of zesty itillian salad dressing and pour it on while you wrap it cook for 4 or more hrs away from the heat.If it ain't tender i'll walk to Cuero barefooted, lol. Let me know how turns out if you use my method. I cook for family reunions when i have time and get no complaints.

Gobbla2001
08-28-2004, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by venomous tat2
Here's what i do

First. I always use these seasonings accent,garlic salt,bar-b-Q seasoning and season all.put it own pretty good.Next i use a 2 prong fork and poke a lot of holes on booth sides( this will allow the seasoning to penetrate).

Second.cook your brisket unwrapped over the heat and check it every 15 mins fat side up first . Now you need to make a mop after you start cooking. Use a small pot but not too small pour a half bottle of vinigar squeeze 2 or 3 lemons cut up half a onion add some salt,pepper, and garlic salt and 1 stick of butter(let it simmer on a low fire for 5 mins or more.)

Third. When your meat starts to brown mop it every time you turn it( this will keep your meat from drying out AND add flavor)do this for 2 to 3 hours.

Fourth. Wrap it up!!! use heavy duty foil get a bottle of zesty itillian salad dressing and pour it on while you wrap it cook for 4 or more hrs away from the heat.If it ain't tender i'll walk to Cuero barefooted, lol. Let me know how turns out if you use my method. I cook for family reunions when i have time and get no complaints.

Now that's how I do it (except I cook it slow at first as well, then bring out the foil later)...

Just wanted to see what everyone else does...

I was thinking about changing things up when I start it tonight but we'll see...

Thanks

coiled2strike
08-28-2004, 04:29 PM
i can personally vouch for the venomoustat2's bbq...it is the best in town...in fact, it should be time for you to make us some...saturdays always go a little better with bbq...

NHSRattler60
08-28-2004, 06:59 PM
Yes. It really really would. While your at it, lets get some Dr. Peppers and Gatorade and just have a BBQ.....hmm you know what, maybe we should have a huge BBQ at the end of the season. Of coarse, Im a lineman so, BBQ or food in general sounds good to me 24/7.

NHSRattler60
08-28-2004, 07:01 PM
I may not do everything right 100% of the time, but the one thing I do know how to do.....is eat.