PDA

View Full Version : ballinger vs. clyde, 21-11 clyde

BigAbe79
08-28-2004, 01:42 AM
clyde looked really sharp on D, but the offense looked sloppy. They fumbled a few times in the red zone, if they could shape up there offense they have a chance to go deep into the playoffs. The 2 times ballinger scored was when the bulldogs turned the ball over in ballinger territory. Clyde defense is stout and has some good backers that can make plays all over the field.

Adidas410s
08-28-2004, 02:07 AM
Not so fast my friend...you are still going to have to beat AT LEAST 2 out Wylie, Snyder, and Sweetwater...and then MAYBE we can talk playoffs. Just wait until you play Vernon in a few weeks and we will see just what Clyde has to offer.

BigAbe79
08-28-2004, 02:12 AM
I never said clyde was going to the playoffs for sure. I said if they straighten up their offense they will have a GOOD SHOT at the playoffs.

callandraise
08-28-2004, 09:14 AM
You need to remember you were playing a team that returned 0 starters on defense and 2 starters on offense.Also there are only 6 seniors on the program.I will agree that the Clyde defense looked good and I wish you the best for the season.

BigAbe79
08-28-2004, 12:11 PM
Well we only had 7 seniors playing and 3 sophmores starting. So quit making excuses, yall had your chance lastnight to show people what yall were made of. Were the ones that took control. Yall DIDNT!!!

roadblock
08-28-2004, 01:01 PM
When did CLYDE fans get tough. Win one game and all the sudden become state contenders.

wildstangs
08-28-2004, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by roadblock
When did CLYDE fans get tough. Win one game and all the sudden become state contenders.

I was thinking the same thing. Ballinger is very young, and has dropped to 2A. You would think they won the state title last night.

callandraise
08-28-2004, 04:50 PM
I imagine Clyde does fill like theywon state,they only beat us about once every 20 years and this was it.

BigAbe79
08-28-2004, 06:07 PM
clyde gonna suprise alot of people this year

Z motion 10 out on 2
08-28-2004, 06:33 PM
What does the rest of the clyde schedule look like?

BigAbe79
08-29-2004, 12:00 AM
breckenridge
bangs
brady
vernon
coahoma
snyder
sweetwater
merkel
wylie

vet93
08-29-2004, 02:12 PM
BigAbe....Callandraise was not making excuses...just trying to bring some reality to your euphoria and to give other people who are not as familiar with Clyde and Ballinger some context. To further clarify....one of the two returning starters from last year was out due to injury. I tried to tell you earlier that we had a young team... and it showed but I would also remind you to be gracious in victory....and charitable to your opponent because sometimes you may regret words that were spoken rashly. Now...lets move on...we wish Clyde nothing but the best of the rest of the season. Hopefully your enthusiasm will carry you through to the season that you are predicting.

Originally posted by callandraise
You need to remember you were playing a team that returned 0 starters on defense and 2 starters on offense.Also there are only 6 seniors on the program.I will agree that the Clyde defense looked good and I wish you the best for the season.

Z motion 10 out on 2
08-29-2004, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
What does the rest of the clyde schedule look like?

Breck won over Bridgeport so I’ll be looking to see how Clyde does against the Bucks. They have a very good passing game and their QB can throw it on a rope. Their defense would have to be their weakness, but they will score some points. I'll pay attention to this game next Friday. Beat this team and then beat Vernon and I would say that Clyde will stand a chance to make the playoffs. Of course Bangs will be tough too. So the non-district schedule of Clyde will only help them in district. Lets see some more victories and then some celebrations can come forth as duly warranted.

I'll be watching though.

Johnny Moxen
09-02-2004, 10:20 AM
BigAbe79, you sure talk a lot of trash. I noticed the Clyde schedule and the "degree of difficulty" that is before your team. At least start playing some quality 3A teams and then you can go about bragging all you want.

renegade*dawg
09-06-2004, 05:34 PM
don't think everyone in Clyde talks or thinks like this.

Black_Magic
09-07-2004, 08:45 AM
Let Bigabe enjoy the victory. They beat a solid football team with a good winning tradition. I dont hear him trash talking in this post but only making predictions of how things could go if a few things come togeather. He is entitled to give his oppinion.

BigAbe79
09-07-2004, 11:31 AM
Renagade, your from Clyde and im sure you already know this is Abe Chiappone. Who are you?