PDA

View Full Version : Lindale & Carthage fall!!

Buckeyeman
08-27-2004, 11:49 PM
The Lindale Eagles and Carthage Bulldogs-both ranked in the top ten in most polls-lost tonight. Carthage to Henderson by 3 and Lindale got STOMPED by Longview Spring Hill 51-20!! So much for preseason hype.

GO BUCKEYES!!!

Buckeye80
08-28-2004, 12:02 AM
GOOD LORD you've got to be kidding!!! Lindale gets pummeled by the Spring Hill team that looked like a Pee Wee League team against us in the scrimmage? That, my friend, is funny. I'm not sure how it happened, but I do have a theory.
Joking:
(The Lindale scouts that were sent to observe Longview Pine Tree last night returned to Lindale with such alarming news about Gilmer's talent level ((Gilmer plays Lindale later this season)), that half of the Lindale team quit on the spot and transferred to Grand Saline. After all, getting beat 45-0 (2003) by a team puts a bad taste in your mouth, but learning that team isn't as weak the next year as you had hoped can induce vomiting.)
That's just my theory, but maybe Spring Hill played a good game. Congrats Panthers and "FatCat" if you still check in.

Carthage and Henderson are old rivals from the 4A days. No big surprise there, though I probably would've taken Carthage considering Henderson's '03 record and returning players.

Buckeyeman
08-28-2004, 12:11 AM
I was shocked by the Lindale score. I live in Lindale but my beloved Gilmer Buckeyes always come first!! Can't wait till the Buckeyes come to town in two weeks. I predict a big Gilmer victory.

Buckeye80
08-28-2004, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by Buckeyeman
I was shocked by the Lindale score. I live in Lindale but my beloved Gilmer Buckeyes always come first!! Can't wait till the Buckeyes come to town in two weeks. I predict a big Gilmer victory.
I talked to a friend of mine tonight, and I told him that the game to concern himself about would be the Lindale game. We both agreed that tonight's game between Lindale and Spring Hill would be a good barometer of Lindale's talent considering how Gilmer handled the Panthers.
Now, I'm kinda' leaning toward that Pleasant Grove game as one to look forward to. The Paris game will also be a good one to look forward to. I hope to make every game I can, despite work constraints.

Buckeye80
08-28-2004, 12:57 AM
I just watched the highlights of the Lindale/Spring Hill game. JaMario's little brother (as I like to call him) had a very good game. Lindale's "d" is very suspect.