PDA

View Full Version : Olympic Men's Basketball!

Phil C
08-27-2004, 01:34 PM
At half time USA is LOSING to Argentina 43 to 38! Is this the end of the road for us on the way to gold. I was hoping for a rematch with Lithuania for the gold but it may not happen. :(

kepdawg
08-27-2004, 01:40 PM
Down 80-69 with 3:43 left!

Phil C
08-27-2004, 01:48 PM
Looks like the end of the line for this year's dream team. I guess we'll be playing for the bronze medal. Oh well!

kepdawg
08-27-2004, 01:52 PM
It's over USA loses 89-81.

AggieJohn
08-27-2004, 01:53 PM
i think they played hard, there was just better competition

spiveyrat
08-27-2004, 02:02 PM
They didn't have any consistency with their outside shooting.

JasperDog94
08-27-2004, 03:17 PM
I agree with the above comments, but will add that this is the worst officiating I think I've ever seen in basketball...both ways. How in the world do you not call a foul when you jump and someone is standing right under you to cut you!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

jason
08-27-2004, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
How in the world do you not call a foul when you jump and someone is standing right under you to cut you!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: its not a foul if you jump and end up over them as long as they (the defender) doesnt move...

JasperDog94
08-27-2004, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by jason
its not a foul if you jump and end up over them as long as they (the defender) doesnt move... It was after Marbury was in the air. The defender decided that he was just going to stop backpedaling (sp?) and stand there as Marbury hit the floor. He turned his back to him and watched as he hit the floor.:mad: :mad: That is a foul no matter which way you slice it. It's also called good sportmanship and not wanting to try and seriously injure somebody.

chaingang
08-27-2004, 03:59 PM
Im sorry, but I am embarassed at how our team played. I couldnt even watch all of the games. These guys get paid more then the country that beat them has in total revenue. SAD!!!!!!!!:eek: :mad: :doh:

JasperDog94
08-27-2004, 04:02 PM
Don't get me wrong, I'm not feeling sorry for anybody but Duncan and Marbury. I only feel sorry for Marbury cause that guy from Argentina could have really hurt him on that play. And as far as Duncan goes, holy cow! You should have seen some of the "fouls" they called on him. It was truely unbelievable! All Duncan had to do was breathe on somebody and they called a foul on him.

Phil C
08-27-2004, 04:12 PM
The basketball officiating was not too good. In the USA vs Russia basketball game one of the USA players shoved a Russian and a foul was called and it was correct. But later a Russian shoved one of the Americans and it was even worse than what the American did and no foul. Inconsistency is bad officiating too.

Of course later you know I am gong to do a Sinton GodFather analysis of the men's basketball game but that will be after I hope that they can at least salvage the bronze to help USA in total medal count even though their hearts may not be in that game. I hope our women can beat Australia tomorrow.

chaingang
08-27-2004, 04:14 PM
How about Womens Soccer?:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I loved watching that game:D

Buckeye80
08-27-2004, 06:02 PM
I know people are thinking it, so I'll just say it.
If the American team made money playing in the Olympics, they would win gold every time. JMHO.