PDA

View Full Version : Question for moderators???

Titans
08-27-2004, 11:12 AM
Since this happens to be the 3A Football Discussion board for the 3A Down Low Forum, would it be possible to begin a Soccer board for all the soccer fans out there?

I'm not a soccer fan at all and quite frankly, hate the sport. However, we keep getting soccer posts on the football boards.

I'm just wondering if creating a soccer board would eliminate or minimize these kind of posts??!?!?!?!!!!???

BTW - I actually responded to a couple of soccer posts....I can't believe I did that...:doh:

Ranger Mom
08-27-2004, 11:17 AM
In my opinion if we start a soccer board, then we have to start a baseball, basketball, track, wrestling, etc.

I hardly visit any boards that are split up like that. There was some talk of splitting this one up to "Football" and "General" during the season, but that is as far as it would go.

Since it hasn't been done already, they may have decided against it.

Titans
08-27-2004, 11:27 AM
I understand, but things can always change. You, Ranger Mom, could be the one that makes things change for the better.

"Football" and "General" would be fantastic. Just like always, it would separate the men from the boys.

Think about it and do your best to persuade the others.

Thanks!

Ranger Mom
08-27-2004, 11:34 AM
As far as the two separate forums go (General and Football) - Sinton66, Slpybear and myself all thought it was a good idea and agreed it would be best to have 2 during the season.

Matthew said he would put it in closer to the season when he saw is "was needed"! I guess he hasn't thought it was needed yet!

JasperDog94
08-27-2004, 11:38 AM
Now that the season has started you can bet that most of the topics will be football related. Notice that I said "most". I like it just the way it is.:)

spiveyrat
08-27-2004, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Titans
"Football" and "General" would be fantastic. Just like always, it would separate the men from the boys.

So, from this statement I can deduce that only the men would frequent the "football" forums, right? And if you do go post in the "general" forum, you would have your manhood/man-membership stripped from you? :rolleyes:

Believe it or not, there is more to life than football. There's bass fishing!!! :D

spiveyrat
08-27-2004, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
I like it just the way it is.:)

Ditto that! (Except for the omission of political talk) :D

Ranger Mom
08-27-2004, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
So, from this statement I can deduce that only the men would frequent the "football" forums, right? And if you do go post in the "general" forum, you would have your manhood/man-membership stripped from you? :rolleyes:

Believe it or not, there is more to life than football. There's bass fishing!!! :D

I would like to see ANYONE try and keep ME out of the "football" forums!!

I like the board like it is! If it is split into two forums I can live with that. If it gets split between the sports, I will quickly lose interest!

olddawggreen
08-27-2004, 11:44 AM
Keep 3adl just the way it is. :)

spiveyrat
08-27-2004, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I would like to see ANYONE try and keep ME out of the "football" forums!!

HE said it, not me! ;)

JasperDog94
08-27-2004, 11:46 AM
Believe it or not, there is more to life than football. There's bass fishing!!! :D Preach it brother!!!

Ranger Mom
08-27-2004, 11:46 AM
HE said it, not me!

I know...but I could make more of a point quoting you, quoting him!! Geez...now I am confused!!:rolleyes:

spiveyrat
08-27-2004, 11:56 AM
OH! I see. :doh:

Hupernikomen
08-27-2004, 11:59 AM
Since this happens to be the 3A Football Discussion board for the 3A Down Low Forum, would it be possible to begin a Soccer board for all the soccer fans out there?

I'm not a soccer fan at all and quite frankly, hate the sport. However, we keep getting soccer posts on the football boards.

I'm just wondering if creating a soccer board would eliminate or minimize these kind of posts??!?!?!?!!!!???

BTW - I actually responded to a couple of soccer posts....I can't believe I did that...:doh:

Have you not noticed all these people with 2000 and up post on here....most of them have used the majority of their post in non-football related topics. Don't expect to see pure football on this site or any other...the key is just don't click if you don't care to read it. I for one am glad there aren't 12 silly stickies at the top of the page anymore when I log on.

Titans
08-27-2004, 12:38 PM
Agreed, I don't have to read anything not football related. Without question. However, I do believe you should advertise what is being sold, and that's not...

3A Football Discussion

Change the name to SPORTS DISCUSSION or something of that nature.

Would you buy a Cowboy ticket and expect to walk into a synchronized swimming event? I think not.

Oh, I'll continue reading this forum...I was just hoping they could get another discussion room for "other" topics!

Ranger Mom
08-27-2004, 12:55 PM
Agreed, I don't have to read anything not football related. Without question. However, I do believe you should advertise what is being sold, and that's not...

3A Football Discussion

Change the name to SPORTS DISCUSSION or something of that nature.

Would you buy a Cowboy ticket and expect to walk into a synchronized swimming event? I think not.

Oh, I'll continue reading this forum...I was just hoping they could get another discussion room for "other" topics!

Looking on the first page, I found 2 posts that were not football related or directly related to a 3A school! That's pretty much how it will stay throughout the season and then it will just be the "regulars" left on here talking about whatever we can think to talk about til the season rolls around once again!!

coiled2strike
08-27-2004, 01:01 PM
it seems this same exact topic comes up every two or three months, if not more often...
speaking of separate forums...don't we have a suggestion forum

Ranger Mom
08-27-2004, 01:09 PM
Yes...it's on the home page...I think there are 3 forums there....discussion, suggestions and a coaches something or another thingamajig!!:p

Owen B
08-27-2004, 01:10 PM

3A Football Discussion
Sure it is. It's not exclusively that, but it is primarilly.

coiled2strike
08-27-2004, 01:10 PM
that "other" one is one i hope to not need for a while...lol
it's the coach's job board...