PDA

View Full Version : Forney vs. Kaufman

Commerce Fan
10-28-2003, 08:35 AM
Do not look past this very old rivalry. Should be a great game this year and I will pick a heartbreaker with Kaufman by 1. Sorry Forney this is just the way I am!

BigDog
10-28-2003, 08:53 AM
Get Real!

PPHSfan
10-28-2003, 09:48 AM
Wow does that mean you think Kaufman would beat Commerce 70-7? :D I mean Forney is favored by 24 points over Kaufman and they beat Commerce 45-7 right?

Not disrespecting my friends in Commerce, just razzing Commerce Fan for his post. :p

Commerce Fan
10-28-2003, 10:12 AM
PPHSfan:
Wow does that mean you think Kaufman would beat Commerce 70-7? :D I mean Forney is favored by 24 points over Kaufman and they beat Commerce 45-7 right?

Not disrespecting my friends in Commerce, just razzing Commerce Fan for his post. :p Go ahead and hit me! If you know High School Football then you know what a rivalry is and if you know what a rivalry is then you know that some teams just match up better than others and some games will be closer than others and this one has all the makings of a great game! I think Forney will take Kaufman to lightly and once again a heartbreaker Kaufman by 1. And NO, I just think Kaufman could beat Commerce by 14! But like I said before we are reloading so keep your eyes open here we come!

jason
10-28-2003, 10:20 AM
this is not a rivalry game...forneys one and only rival is Crandall.....Forney by as many as they want...

PPHSfan
10-28-2003, 10:22 AM
I do "sorta" know what a rivalry is.

When you play a team once in the past three years, and beat them 21-0, I guess that's a rivalry?

When is the last time Kaufman beat Forney?

My guess is that is goes back 10 years.

jason
10-28-2003, 10:32 AM
PPHSfan:

When you play a team once in the past three years, and beat them 21-0, I guess that's a rivalry?

My guess is that is goes back 10 years.forney wouldnt even be playin kaufman if they weren't in our district...yeah, they're kind of close to us in driving distance, but it is no rivalry.....

Commerce Fan
10-28-2003, 11:17 AM
PPHSfan:

My guess is that is goes back 10 years.If we Judge this year by what happened in the years PAST then what will happen to Gainesville? That is what i thought guess we had better measure todays teams with todays competition and not what happened yesterday! I guess I have hit a nerve with some folks? Kaufman has a good club this year be prepared! Looks like Commerce took Royce City to lightly and nearly blew the whole season! Kaufman by 1

3afan
10-28-2003, 11:23 AM
Commerce Fan:
Do not look past this very old rivalry. Should be a great game this year and I will pick a heartbreaker with Kaufman by 1. Sorry Forney this is just the way I am!well ya just never know .....

kaorder1999
10-28-2003, 11:25 AM
kaufman is BAD! They beat a BAD Crandall team...or let me rephrase that...a weaker Crandall team than what everyone is used to..Crandall isnt BAD. But Kaufman is! This will be a blowout! Forney 55-Kaufman 14

kaorder1999
10-28-2003, 11:31 AM
kaufman lost to Athens...and Athens is HORRIBLE...one of the worst 4A teams ever....almost as bad as Mabank

crzyjournalist03
10-28-2003, 11:55 AM
kaufman isn't our rival, but I do think this game will be closer than the Crandall game. Kaufman isn't a terrible team this year. They've played repsectably in most of their games.

kaorder1999
10-28-2003, 12:19 PM
Kaufman is bad! Have seen them on film...they are not good. Just because they are 4-4 that does not make them a good team. They lost to some bad teams. Quinlan is the only team that beat them that is very good. Athens is horrible! Kaufman plays up to the level of their opponent....and there is no way they will get close to playing to the Jackrabbits level. If Quinlan scores 43 ont hem then Forney scores 55 easy!

<small>[ October 28, 2003, 11:20 AM: Message edited by: kaorder1999 ]</small>

Rabbit'93
10-28-2003, 12:44 PM
To all you young guys that are saying this isn't a rivalry you are dead wrong. This one goes way back. To old timers this is more of a rivalry than Crandall. I wouldn't call Crandall only beating Forney 1 or 2 times in 50 years a rivalry. This matchup is much closer than that over the years. When I was in school we hated Kaufman more than anyone. Since you've been around maybe its shifted but from what I know Forney's bitter rival has always been Kaufman.

kaorder1999
10-28-2003, 04:01 PM
i agree...the Crandall game is always a fun one to play cause its almost always a win...

The Forney-Kaufman matchup is a rivalry game. Kaumfan has beaten Forney WAY more times than Crandall has..

Ive seen some pretty good Forney/Kaufman games...some full houses for that one!

<small>[ October 28, 2003, 03:01 PM: Message edited by: kaorder1999 ]</small>

Rabbit'93
10-28-2003, 04:14 PM
Hey KA. You might have been in elementary school. Do you remember the 89 season that clinched district and put Forney into the playoffs for the first time since '84? That was an awesome game.

Commerce Fan
10-28-2003, 05:12 PM
I like the words Old Timers! Well that describes me and back in the 70's and early 80's this was a continuation of a huge rivalry. Any one in there 40's will remember the 3 way ties for district champs between Rockwall(My Team), Forney and Kaufman. Even before Rockwalls time Forney and Kaufman was big time games. The game will be a big one and for the sake of Forney and a possible State Championship I hope they take Kaufman seriously! Because I guess if Commerce can not win it all then I will keep my hopes on Forney! No I didn't????

PPHSfan
10-28-2003, 05:18 PM
First of all Commerce Fan, Forney and Commerce will be in two different divisions so Commerce does not have to lose for Forney to win. Also, Forney could forfeit the kaufman game and still win it all. This game means absolutley nothing. Except for the fact that Forney will not lose it. :p

Commerce Fan
10-28-2003, 05:22 PM
PPHSfan:
First of all Commerce Fan, Forney and Commerce will be in two different divisions so Commerce does not have to lose for Forney to win. Also, Forney could forfeit the kaufman game and still win it all. This game means absolutley nothing. Except for the fact that Forney will not lose it. :p SON, what are you saying it means NOTHING?? A loss of any kind puts doubt in the mind of the believer and when doubt is present then even an also ran can beat you. WAKE UP BOY AND SMELL THE VICTORY!!!!

crzyjournalist03
10-28-2003, 06:08 PM
Commerce Fan:

PPHSfan:
First of all Commerce Fan, Forney and Commerce will be in two different divisions so Commerce does not have to lose for Forney to win. Also, Forney could forfeit the kaufman game and still win it all. This game means absolutley nothing. Except for the fact that Forney will not lose it. :p SON, what are you saying it means NOTHING?? A loss of any kind puts doubt in the mind of the believer and when doubt is present then even an also ran can beat you. WAKE UP BOY AND SMELL THE VICTORY!!!!nah...the Horn loss just really ticked us off and we went on a rampage for the next three weeks... :D

Rabbit'93
10-28-2003, 06:15 PM
I'm not so sure the loss to Horn ticked the guys off or just woke them up. They realized thsat they would have to play mistake free ball.

crzyjournalist03
10-28-2003, 06:17 PM
Rabbit'93:
I'm not so sure the loss to Horn ticked the guys off or just woke them up. They realized thsat they would have to play mistake free ball.that's true...my point was mainly that after that loss, we dominated several opponents in a row before slumping back with Madison...I personally think that game could wake them up again. Hopefully, things will all be coming around just in time

kaorder1999
10-29-2003, 01:00 AM
Rabbit93....i didnt see that game in person but i saw it on film...i hadnt moved to forney yet in 89...i moved to forney at the beginning of the 92 season

kaorder1999
10-29-2003, 01:32 AM
where is everyone? its slow on here tonight

crzyjournalist03
10-29-2003, 10:07 AM
kaorder1999:
where is everyone? its slow on here tonightgo figure...at 12:32 in the morning I was fast asleep