PDA

View Full Version : La Grange Elgin scrimmage

Pudlugger
08-26-2004, 06:14 PM
What does Elgin bring this year? The Leps are putting the pieces together for what looks like a potent team on both sides of the football. They have rebuilt the O Line with some big Sophs and two returning juniors at guard: Kirby Martin and Braden Fisbeck. The Leps have more speed this year than in any year since Lawrence Dobbins and Tye Gunn in 1997. Daniels at Qb (4.4) and Hernandez at tailback(4.5) should be exciting. I have on tape a move by Hernandez, where he faked the Hempstead safety out of his jock to score on a thirty yard scamper (no kidding, the jock was on the field!). \

Seriously, the Leps have a fast backfield, including Ulrich (4.5) and McKenzie (4.4) sharing the load at fullback. Look for the option once again as this group will make the opponents D spread it out to defend the corners.

The Lep D will be strong returning 7 starters from one of the toughest D's in 3a last year. The Leps have one week to prepare for the toughest opponent (on paper at least) Cuero who they face in the TurkeyDome next Friday. Go Leps.:D

Chopblock
08-26-2004, 10:59 PM
In scrimmage situation

Elgin 1 LaGrange 0

Played 2 12 minute Quarters

Elgin 10, LaGrange 7

Pudlugger
08-27-2004, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by Chopblock
In scrimmage situation

Elgin 1 LaGrange 0

Played 2 12 minute Quarters

Elgin 10, LaGrange 7

I thought it was scheduled for tonight. the 27th. Was this the jv? Tell me I didn't miss this!:(

Chopblock
08-27-2004, 04:17 PM
You missed it, they scrimmaged last night

Pudlugger
08-27-2004, 05:45 PM
Arrrggghhhh!!!!:mad:

Thanks Chopper. Any details?