PDA

View Full Version : wylie is overated

BigAbe79
08-25-2004, 11:06 PM
wylie and especially case keenum is way overated. the papers make him out to be such a great QB, when really it's just all the good players around him. wait till' district.........he's got another thing comin' for him

Ranger Mom
08-25-2004, 11:26 PM
For our sake....I hope you are right!!:D

BigAbe79
08-25-2004, 11:30 PM
we shut them down last year with ease....keenum doesnt have a very good arm and is slow

Chris Hart
08-25-2004, 11:35 PM
BigAbe79, Was it you guys or Wylie that went to the semi-finals last year? Even a blind hog finds an acorn every now and then. I would let my team's play do the talking if I were you. No offense, just friendly advice. I wish you guys good luck, I'd love to see yall do well.:)

Ranger Mom
08-25-2004, 11:37 PM
Didn't Greenwood's Coach Ray go to Clyde??

I think he's the girls basketball coach...is the right?

Black_Magic
08-26-2004, 08:10 AM
I think wylie may be overated as well. I think alot of what the ranking shows is for the coach and for the school history. they will be good for sure no doubt about that. Clyde beat them last year.They have a few dendencies on sanifer im sure because they have played them so much. But with 4a numbers ( I hear Wylie attendance this year is way over 900) they will be tough for anyone regardles.

pero chato
08-26-2004, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
I think wylie may be overated as well. I think alot of what the ranking shows is for the coach and for the school history. they will be good for sure no doubt about that. Clyde beat them last year.They have a few dendencies on sanifer im sure because they have played them so much. But with 4a numbers ( I hear Wylie attendance this year is way over 900) they will be tough for anyone regardles.

Mean Machine! Is that you?!! Of course it is. Didn't we have an interesting discussion last year about Wylie's enrollment numbers? Well, I did some counting on my own and discovered that Wylie actually has over 9000 students, not 900. When they take the head count, they send 8000 or so out behind the school to hide and pull weeds. Really.
Overrated? Maybe. But since no one has played a game yet, maybe everyone is overrated. Hats off to Clyde for whipping Wylie last year. Clyde wanted it more and simply outplayed our boys. But even if you don't like Wylie, you have to admit they put it together after that loss, and made a good run in the playoffs, as did Snyder. I agree with you on some of your other posts that we have one of, if not the, toughest districts in the state. I think every team has a legitimate shot at the district title, especially Sweetwater, who has beat Wylie the past two years.
Final word on enrollment. Wylie will be 4A probably next alignment. The Superintendent, believe it or not, has a little bigger vision for the students than to "win district" in athletics. It's called academics. From his point of view, attempting to cheat on the enrollment numbers to remain in 3A would be a bit silly, don't you think?
Now tell me exactly what are "dendencies"?!

Black_Magic
08-26-2004, 11:11 AM
Im not sure what your talking about. first I have no Idea how to post under someone elses name. Im no hacker.

Second. Who mentioned cheating. I said Wylie has over 900 in high school right now. unless you can go back and change them back to 4a the number they have right now does not count towards 3a. I was only stating what I understand to be the truth and that is Wylie started the year (2004 ) with way over 900 students. that means they have 4A numbers now and will be playing 3A schools for 2 year with them. sorry if you dont like to hear it.
And Tendencies are what teams do in situations on a regular basis.

BigAbe79
08-26-2004, 11:18 AM
Everyone has known all along that wylie cheats every year in the head count. We beat them last year and this year is going to be the same.

pero chato
08-26-2004, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by BigAbe79
Everyone has known all along that wylie cheats every year in the head count. We beat them last year and this year is going to be the same.

Believe what you want, Maulder.
And by the way, please keep posting that good locker room material for Wylie. I have always given props to Clyde for beating Wylie last year. Unfortunately Clyde didn't do much after that, and Wylie went to the semis.

Ranger Mom
08-26-2004, 11:57 AM
Hey pero chato....will you be at the A. Wylie/Gwood game on the the 3rd?

If so, do ya wanna meet up at sometime? I think wildstangs said he is going and may possibly sit with me!

Just let me know!!

pero chato
08-26-2004, 12:20 PM
Im not sure what your talking about. first I have no Idea how to post under someone elses name. Im no hacker.

Second. Who mentioned cheating. I said Wylie has over 900 in high school right now. unless you can go back and change them back to 4a the number they have right now does not count towards 3a. I was only stating what I understand to be the truth and that is Wylie started the year (2004 ) with way over 900 students. that means they have 4A numbers now and will be playing 3A schools for 2 year with them. sorry if you dont like to hear it.
And Tendencies are what teams do in situations on a regular basis.

I am now eating that nasty crow, my friend. Indeed, our number on the first day was 902. That will fluctuate of course, but the fact remains that you were at least partially correct--902 is not "way" over 900.
HOWEVER,
Based on your spelling and grammar, I still think you are the former "Mean Machine" who was rommed last year. You don't have to be a hacker to change your user name. If I am wrong I humbly submit my sincerest apologies, and will begin seasoning my second crow.

pero chato
08-26-2004, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Hey pero chato....will you be at the A. Wylie/Gwood game on the the 3rd?

If so, do ya wanna meet up at sometime? I think wildstangs said he is going and may possibly sit with me!

Just let me know!!

Yes I plan to be there and would love to meet you. I've met wildstangs-- a classy fella, except he will be sitting on the wrong side of the field! LOL

Z motion 10 out on 2
08-26-2004, 12:31 PM
I may be way off but I think Wylie is going to be a serious playoff contednder. I do not think Clyde will be.

Ranger Mom
08-26-2004, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by pero chato
Yes I plan to be there and would love to meet you. I've met wildstangs-- a classy fella, except he will be sitting on the wrong side of the field! LOL

I'm not 100% sure where he will sit -- that group I sit with may scare him off!!

pero chato
08-26-2004, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
I may be way off but I think Wylie is going to be a serious playoff contednder. I do not think Clyde will be.

If Clyde played every team the way they played us last year, then I believe they have a shot at a playoff spot. I don't know if we did anything wrong at that game, but I do know Clyde did everthing RIGHT. This year I think every game in our district will be close and a heck of a fight.

pero chato
08-26-2004, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I'm not 100% sure where he will sit -- that group I sit with may scare him off!!

Indeed, we have a group like that---don't we all? We're all Texas Football fans here. You don't think a couple hundred miles of real estate is going to make any difference do ya? LOL. I usually sit and laugh at the "nervous stomach" dads since I don't have that problem anymore.

Black_Magic
08-26-2004, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by pero chato
I am now eating that nasty crow, my friend. Indeed, our number on the first day was 902. That will fluctuate of course, but the fact remains that you were at least partially correct--902 is not "way" over 900.
HOWEVER,
Based on your spelling and grammar, I still think you are the former "Mean Machine" who was rommed last year. You don't have to be a hacker to change your user name. If I am wrong I humbly submit my sincerest apologies, and will begin seasoning my second crow. Well I have seen numbers higher( 940s) than that. Im not here to make you eat crow. I think your defensive about the thing. I dont know why. Its only and oppinion about how good people think wylie will be. I dont think anyone has said they will not be good this year. Im sure they will probably make playoffs.

I thought you were talking about me posting under two names. I did in the past ( 1-2 years ago )post under RAM but lost my pass word and decided to change after being gone for a few months.

pero chato
08-26-2004, 02:34 PM
Well I have seen numbers higher( 940s) than that. Im not here to make you eat crow. I think your defensive about the thing. I dont know why. Its only and oppinion about how good people think wylie will be. I dont think anyone has said they will not be good this year. Im sure they will probably make playoffs.

I thought you were talking about me posting under two names. I did in the past ( 1-2 years ago )post under RAM but lost my pass word and decided to change after being gone for a few months.

I went straight to the source and called the school. Before it's all said and done we could be in the 940's or back into the 800's. It will fluctuate a lot until after Labor Day as kids move in and out. We have a lot of military families. Anyway I am a little sensitive on the enrollment issue because we are constantly accused of cheating (review the post from bigabe) from the rest of the district. I hear it all the time. Yet no one offers any proof, nor has the UIL ever investigated us. To be honest I would welcome an audit to either throw the book at us or clear us and shut everyone up. No offense on the user name thing. You reminded me a little of "Mean Machine", that's all. Good luck to your team this year, whoever they are, and now let's go play some football!

wildstangs
08-26-2004, 08:31 PM
Sorry guys, I am going to Sweetwater next week. I thought the Wylie - Greenwood game was during week 0, so thats why I was planning on going. Kinda thought about going anyways, but I am kinda anxious to see what Sweetwater has this year.

Clyde talking trash about Wylie? Wow, I guess beating them once in ten years gives them that right. Props to Clyde, they got that win last year, but stunk is up after that, while Wylie stepped it up and played 4 rounds deep. Like someone said, even a blind squirrel finds a nut.

The stuff about Wylie cheating is nonsense. Its easy to look for excuses when they consistently win against your team. If Wylie only won 5 games a year, no one would be crying about how big they are. They cant help it the way the UIL is structured.

No way Wylie lets Clyde surprise them again this year.

Z motion 10 out on 2
08-27-2004, 08:43 AM
Wildstangs:

Sweetwater looks very good. Lots of speed and size. Thompson will have a big day as well as the head hunting Carillo.

I loook for them to beat Cooper by at least 17 points.

Z~

Johnny Moxen
08-27-2004, 09:02 AM
I also have to give Clyde their "props" they took care of Wylie in last years game. However, I feel very confident that it won't happen this year. As far as being over rated, well I guess we'll find out tonight. But I think the teams that are consistantly recognized are the teams that seem to produce year in and year out. You don't win district for six straight years, not to mention making it deep into the playoffs without getting mentioned. Some of these schools need to quit worring about what Wylie is doing and start taking care of their own business. In regards to Wylie joining 4a next year, I'll say it won't happen. Not based upon anything that Wylie will do, just based on what the UIL seems to be doing. Every year the 4a numbers seem to be raised. IF you pay attention, you'll notice a pattern in which they try to maintain about 200 schools in the 4A and 5A classifications. I know that Crowley is currnetly experiecing a 30% growth rate with plans to build a school a year (within K-12). The thing is that the DFW, Austin, San Antonio and Houston areas are all growing at a very rapid pace. Thus the 3% grwoth Wylie experieinces doesn't keep pace with the "metro areas". So the UIL in all of their wisdom to maintain the desired number of schools within each division, keeps raising the minimum number of students. Besides, look at the numbers for Brownwood, Big Spring, Andrews and Mineral Wells. Any and/or all of these schools could drop to 3A if they keep losing students. But Mansfield just opened it's third high school and is already 5A. JUst won't happen.

Adidas410s
08-27-2004, 10:50 AM
Ahh the joys of the whining from Clyde about "Wylie is too big" and " we whipped Wylie last year and they suck!" Just reminds me of the good ole' days...well 1997-2001. When Clyde decides to make the playoffs then MAYBE they will have some room to talk. I love talking to people from Clyde at work because when they find out that I am from Wylie they are quick to say "yeah we beat y'all" but its always fun to say "but how far did you get in the playoffs in the last 7 or 8 years??? They always then shy away from the topic and we get a good laugh out of it.

In regards to the enrollment issue; Wylie will have to sustain a 7-8% growth rate the next two years to have ANY chance of moving into 4A. Just look at the rapid growth in DFW and particularly its movement westward (Crowley, ALedo, Weatherford etc.) and there is no way that Wylie will move up. I am going to go ahead and be the first person to say that the 3A/4QA cut off will be at the LEAST 949 but more likely 974.

Black_Magic
08-27-2004, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Ahh the joys of the whining from Clyde about "Wylie is too big" and " we whipped Wylie last year and they suck!" Just reminds me of the good ole' days...well 1997-2001. When Clyde decides to make the playoffs then MAYBE they will have some room to talk. I love talking to people from Clyde at work because when they find out that I am from Wylie they are quick to say "yeah we beat y'all" but its always fun to say "but how far did you get in the playoffs in the last 7 or 8 years??? They always then shy away from the topic and we get a good laugh out of it.

In regards to the enrollment issue; Wylie will have to sustain a 7-8% growth rate the next two years to have ANY chance of moving into 4A. Just look at the rapid growth in DFW and particularly its movement westward (Crowley, ALedo, Weatherford etc.) and there is no way that Wylie will move up. I am going to go ahead and be the first person to say that the 3A/4QA cut off will be at the LEAST 949 but more likely 974.
Im sure you HOPE your right.:) If not and they have to play schools in the 1000s and 1500s like stephenville or Frenship and Plainview then the glory days may be at an end for a while.;)

Keith7
08-27-2004, 11:20 AM
They impressed me alot when Gainesville played them, alot of short routes, but was very effective.. I would not say that they are overrated what so ever

renegade*dawg
09-06-2004, 05:42 PM
As much as I would love for Clyde to win, I think Wylie will be out for some serious revenge.

They don't cheat because they have big numbers.... They are well coached.

show some pride for your school and stop with the trash talking.

MHSvarsity2007
09-06-2004, 09:23 PM
how many people does a school have to have to move up to 4A? According to the UIL enrollment, Wylie has 854 people. But then if you look at some 4A schools they have 750+...so how does the UIL alignment work? In district 4-3A the enrollment in the High Schools are as follows:
Abilene Wylie - 854
Clyde - 510
Merkel - 417
Snyder - 764
Sweetwater - 640

I'm totally clueless about how this works so if you could explain it to me I would really appreciate it.

wildstangs
09-06-2004, 09:31 PM
The cutoff for 3A last reallignment (February 04) was 899 students. I dont know where you see the 4A schools with 750 students, unless they decided to opt up, which I really dont think is allowed anymore.

Buffalo
09-06-2004, 10:20 PM
Some schools are on 4A with 750 3 are in Elpaso the want to play in 4A because of scheduling. Not sure about a lot of them but I do know fabens and 2 others did that this year

callandraise
09-07-2004, 02:46 AM
Isn't it strange how things work out.Wylie gets to play 2 years in 3A with 4A numbers and Ballinger got to play 2 years in 3A with 2A numbers,354 when they counted in 2001 342 when the season started in 2002 and 337 when the season started in 2003.Now we are at 329 and the fourth largest school in our district after moving down a classification.I don't believe Wiley cheats on it's numbers,when you consider the total picture that would be a silly thing to do,they would lose money from the state for one thing.

Johnny Moxen
09-08-2004, 05:02 PM
It's all a matter of "averages" not based on actual enrollment. I was raised in a school system that was very similar (in all aspects) to the smaller schools in 4-3A. Just because Wylie has a great system doesn't mean that everyone else has to be a "hater". That just shows the jealousy on everyone esle's part. I know because I have expereienced the same thing towards other school systems growing uo that we played.

Black_Magic
09-08-2004, 08:17 PM
Oh! ok thats what it is. everyone els are just haters. LOL

westTXbest
09-08-2004, 08:20 PM
Of course your going to have a good system when u got about 900 kids to pick from.

Adidas410s
09-09-2004, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by westTXbest
Of course your going to have a good system when u got about 900 kids to pick from.

Yep I guess 900 is the magic number if you want to be good. Just look at Silsbee and WF Hirschi...especialy Hirschi. They are reallly gonna whip a lot of teams in 3A this year just because they are bigger huh? Moron...:clap:

Johnny Moxen
09-09-2004, 09:25 AM
While the numbers do help (in theory), why is it that Wylie's biggest competition within district play has been Ballinger the school with the smallest enrollment.

It's not about the numbers, it has to do with the coaching staff and even the administration. The whole key is to bring in a quality coach, allow them select their staff and then leave them the heck alone without interruptions from school, adminstration and even community individuals.

Black_Magic
09-09-2004, 09:47 AM
I think a Moron would be someone who does not think a school with over 900 ( 50 varsity and 50+ JV) would not have an advantage over a school with 450. But if you insist that it is all coaching then you go ahead and believe it.

Blk&Gold4ever
09-09-2004, 11:11 AM
Ofcourse they have an advantage. But the fact remains that they are legally in 3A. That's not cheating..........
Being from Clyde, I'll admit to being a "hater" everyonce in a while. But OMG!!!! I get tired of all the whining about them cheating because they're big. I say step up and play 'em and no excuses............

Stephenville isn't what you would call a large 4a school. I don't see any excuses ever coming from them about getting beat by a bigger school. They have good solid tradition.....

Black_Magic
09-09-2004, 11:33 AM
I dont recall a post on here saying thay cheat . or I could be wrong though.

BigAbe79
09-09-2004, 11:36 AM
They have a huge advantage. More players to choose from. On top of that having good backups to keep the starters fresh.

Blk&Gold4ever
09-09-2004, 11:57 AM

:eek:

Black_Magic
09-09-2004, 12:29 PM
I dont recall a post on here saying thay cheat . or I could be wrong though. or I could be wrong though :eek: come on Blk&gld..... READ IT ALL. they do teach you that in Clyde I know they do.

westTXbest
09-09-2004, 12:41 PM
well i do not think they rt overrated this year they r very good.

ranger
09-09-2004, 12:47 PM
Southlake Carroll never won a championship in 4A. First year in 5A they go undefeated for the state championship.......Yes I believe it has a WHOLE lot more to do with coaching! On the other hand, it's hard to make chicken salad out of chicken poop

watch the language...

Blk&Gold4ever
09-09-2004, 01:36 PM
just trying to be there for ya black majic......:D

Blk&Gold4ever
09-09-2004, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by ranger
Yes I believe it has a WHOLE lot more to do with coaching! On the other hand, it's hard to make chicken salad out of chicken Deleted .

BWA HA HA HA HA!:D

DOGFAN
09-10-2004, 01:44 PM
Does anyone remember Wylie complaining when they had to play Snyder when they were a bigger school? I don't, but I do remember them compiling an impressive winning record against the 4a Tigers for a decade or so.

Black_Magic
09-10-2004, 02:31 PM
1. Wylie never HAD to play Snyder when Snyder was 4A.
2. I remember in 2001 when Wylie and Snyder played and Snyders #s was under the 4A mark and was playing 3A Wylie with an enrollment larger than Snyders. Snyder was playing 4A schools with 3A enrolment and Wylie was playing 3A Schools with 4A enrolment . I believe Wylie started school with around 940 this year ( 4A numbers) . But they will again be playing 3A schools. Funny how that always tends to be the case.:rolleyes:

DOGFAN
09-10-2004, 02:50 PM
I thought you were from Snyder, now that you have exposed yourself can you tell us how many times Snyder has beaten Wylie in the last 10 or 15 years? Once or maybe twice?

DOGFAN
09-10-2004, 03:06 PM
Even if it was twice that only matches Wylie's two victories over Snyder in 2003 alone;) All jabs aside my point is no one from Clyde or Snyder has any ground to stand on saying Wylie is overrated. Snyder looks to be tough this year and that is what matters now. You will get to see us first hand in a few weeks and then maybe you will earn the right to talk us down. Wylie is like any team that has pride tradition and work ethic, they don't bust their butts everyday to have it cheapened by people who say they cheat because they have a few more girls and band members in their enrollment.

pero chato
09-10-2004, 03:38 PM
1. Wylie never HAD to play Snyder when Snyder was 4A.
2. I remember in 2001 when Wylie and Snyder played and Snyders #s was under the 4A mark and was playing 3A Wylie with an enrollment larger than Snyders. Snyder was playing 4A schools with 3A enrolment and Wylie was playing 3A Schools with 4A enrolment . I believe Wylie started school with around 940 this year ( 4A numbers) . But they will again be playing 3A schools. Funny how that always tends to be the case.:rolleyes:

Gotta call you on this one Black Magic. It's been about 10 or 12 years ago, but Snyder was 4A and Wylie was 3A, and Snyder was indeed bigger in enrollment. Snyder beat Wylie something like 43-8. I was at the game. It was ugly (for us). Snyder had a running back named Gilbert Orasco who scored at will. We all thought Sandifer was crazy for scheduling a powerhouse like 4A Snyder. The next year, Snyder beat Wylie again, although it was closer. Wylie finally got on the winning track against Snyder, but I know for sure Snyder beat Wylie in 1999. Wylie started this year with 902 students, not 940. I called the school and verified this fact.
Wylie plays Aledo tonight, and YES Aledo has a bigger enrollment than Wylie - since that means so much to you. LOL

Holmes_Fans
01-29-2005, 11:50 AM
Guess yall were wrong about wylie being overrated

aforbs19
01-29-2005, 12:17 PM
wylie and especially case keenum is way overated. the papers make him out to be such a great QB, when really it's just all the good players around him. wait till' district.........he's got another thing comin' for him

ya, wylie must be overrated. it's not like they just won state or anything...oh, wait they did. going to the playoffs for 10 straight years, winning district the past 6 years, and making it to or past the state semi-finals the past 2 years...i guess those stats definately make us overrated.
People say stuff like this every year, and we still do something that clyde doesnt do, WIN!! and make the playoffs, when's that last time clyde did that?

Black_Magic
01-31-2005, 09:18 AM
Lets remember Snyder Did beat Wylie this year. Clyde people mouthing off and putting down Wylie is the joke about this thread. BigAbe79 sure did make an exit about half way through district when it became clear that The "Iron Curtain " D was More like the Swiss Cheese D because of all the wholes punched into it By Snyder , Wylie, Sweetwater , and Merkel . LOL

Phil C
01-31-2005, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by aforbs19
ya, wylie must be overrated. it's not like they just won state or anything...oh, wait they did. going to the playoffs for 10 straight years, winning district the past 6 years, and making it to or past the state semi-finals the past 2 years...i guess those stats definately make us overrated.
People say stuff like this every year, and we still do something that clyde doesnt do, WIN!! and make the playoffs, when's that last time clyde did that?

It goes to show Hindsite is always more accurate than foresight. :)