PDA

View Full Version : Your thoughts of the Liberty Panters.

Panther Ross
08-25-2004, 09:02 PM
Suggest your comments of the Panthers.

HillBoy
08-25-2004, 09:52 PM
should have a good offense again this year not too many teams scored double digits on us last year and yall were one i know yall have smarts back and swift but ive always thought yalls option offense was kind of dangerous but when its run right its hard to stop but then again when it isnt ran right lots of turnovers dont know how good the defense will be but i know yall got moss back and thats a good start but overall i think yall have another good team this year and yall are number 1 in the district till we knock yall of i mean someone :D

Panther Ross
08-25-2004, 10:04 PM
Our defense is hard to get by. Yall knocking us of? ha

hsfootballrules
08-26-2004, 01:18 AM
my prediction for liberty is 8-2 or 7-3 without playoff games on their record

AggieJohn
08-26-2004, 02:23 AM
8-2 is a good enough pick for them, they'll probably go first round against orangefield, but i pick them to beat them and face bellville second round most likely

sounds like a normal liberty panther season

AND MY LAST THING

When you talk on this board, Sound like your not in third grade or chatting like your a 12 year old using an instant messenger

Honestly it's embarassing, especially if they are from your home town

RBARKER
08-26-2004, 07:50 AM
Liberty will be tough again this year. I was impressed with Smart last year during the BH game, so I know he will only get better this year. Swift will be a force in the backfield, The only thing that I question from liberty this year is their O-line will they be as good as last year. Defense for the Panthers should be solid one. Thing about BH and Liberty they always reload the Defense every year. I hope BH and Liberty meet the last game of the year for the District Championship, but their is a team named Huffman that will try to spoil our fun:D Good Luck to Liberty Seya on Nov. 5th at our house:hand:

falcons79
08-26-2004, 08:10 AM
Not to sound mean but I hope we do ruin your fun this year....I know we talk alot about our o-line but we are proud of them this years. The wright up in the local paper says our o-line is not the size of a high school team but instead is the size of most college teams with an average of 275 lbs in size. Let the fun begin and the best of luck to all the teams in our district and hope everyone stays safe and healthy.

RBARKER
08-26-2004, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by falcons79
Not to sound mean but I hope we do ruin your fun this year....I know we talk alot about our o-line but we are proud of this years. The wright up in the local paper says our o-line is not the size of a high school team but instead is the size of most college teams with an average of 275 lbs in size. Let the fun begin and the best of luck to all the teams in our district and hope everyone stays safe and healthy.

That's amazing averaging 275 LBS! I dont think we have someone that weights 275:mad: Goodluck to Huffman its going to get interesting come district time.

daddy02
08-26-2004, 09:14 AM
I think Liberty will be decent, but I think they are over rated in the polls, come on think about it, they went 10-0 but lost in the first round.......you gotta win some playoff games before you get touted as the next great team.......the Liberty and Silsbee will be a good game........Barbers Hill will be the district Champ in that district

Panther Ross
08-26-2004, 10:15 AM
Thats cool and all with the oline being at 275 but the real questions are they quick enough, are they in the best of shape. Don't take this as an insult but i have not heard really anything of the o line recently from there.

hsfootballrules
08-26-2004, 10:53 AM
great point panther ross

ballinhard
08-26-2004, 11:26 AM
I don't think liberty is that good stop the big back and they can't win and the only pass they try is fake option and try to go deep on the wingback couldnt touch ofield last year.

falcons79
08-26-2004, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Panther Ross
Thats cool and all with the oline being at 275 but the real questions are they quick enough, are they in the best of shape. Don't take this as an insult but i have not heard really anything of the o line recently from there. .

That was also addressed in the article, the fact that our line is so big that the speed off the line was remarkable. My son is the biggest lineman at 6'6" and 326 lbs and he runs a 5.1 forty. Has worked out all summer and attended several camps as did all of our line. They made it a priorty to stay in shape this year because they wanted to go further this year then they did last year. We also have a few kids come up that is as big and fast as Crew was last year, we have high hopes this year.

coiled2strike
08-26-2004, 12:52 PM
send him to a&m, plz

falcons79
08-26-2004, 01:12 PM
sorry, he already verballed to U of H. He loves the coaching staff there, even though Mizzou, Iowa, Kansas and Northwestern are coming down to talk to him he seems set on U of H.

Chief Woodman
08-26-2004, 01:16 PM
They will have a nice season.

jalapeno
08-26-2004, 01:35 PM
Jalapeno.

Panther Ross
08-26-2004, 08:17 PM

That was also addressed in the article, the fact that our line is so big that the speed off the line was remarkable. My son is the biggest lineman at 6'6" and 326 lbs and he runs a 5.1 forty. Has worked out all summer and attended several camps as did all of our line. They made it a priorty to stay in shape this year because they wanted to go further this year then they did last year. We also have a few kids come up that is as big and fast as Crew was last year, we have high hopes this year.

326 pounds, 5.1, that is like faster than the nfl. Are you sure a 5.1? That is insane! Not as an insult but that is unbelieveable. i will have to agree with tamu.

jalapeno
08-26-2004, 09:21 PM
Jalapeno.

sahen
08-26-2004, 10:33 PM
wow...that is incredible about huffman's line...i didnt know that....if those guys stay healthy and are that mobile then i say this year liberty vs. huffman will be very interesting....i do wonder however how good huffman's deffense is...i mean liberty and barber's hill defenses r really good is huffman's defense gonna keep it where they only have to score 1 or 2 td's per game or are they gonna make their offense score 3 r 4...that could be the difference in the teams?...but if huffman's oline is like that it could get interesting this year....maybe its there year....but i still think it'll be up to liberty and barber's hill in week 10....i like defense....

jalapeno
08-26-2004, 10:57 PM
Jalapeno.

panther_pride_04
08-27-2004, 12:40 AM
- one of last years offensive lineman and one of this years spectators-

In my opinion, from attending some football practices this year and both scrimmages, i think the offensive line will be okay and will make improvements as the season goes on. The line lacks size this year. I think the biggest offensive lineman is maybe 220 - 230....last year the smallest was 220 and the biggest was 275....Even though the size is a big factor, personally, i think the line will be okay as long as they stick together.........good luck panthers-

explayer2001, do i know you?

AggieJohn
08-27-2004, 12:56 AM
Not to sound mean but I hope we do ruin your fun this year....I know we talk alot about our o-line but we are proud of them this years. The wright up in the local paper says our o-line is not the size of a high school team but instead is the size of most college teams with an average of 275 lbs in size. Let the fun begin and the best of luck to all the teams in our district and hope everyone stays safe and healthy. yeah but not to sound mean but the size of your line doesn't mean crap, traditionally other schools in the district have made yall look like school children because the discipline was lacking in the players. An old panther put it too me this way, he said "Huffman could win state if they weren't some cocky, undisciplined boys, they've got talent, they just don't channel it right" Huffman has always had the ability to be a perennial force in the region if they were disciplined, so until they disciplined themselves i'm going to have to pass on them

AggieJohn
08-27-2004, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by Panther Ross
326 pounds, 5.1, that is like faster than the nfl. Are you sure a 5.1? That is insane! Not as an insult but that is unbelieveable. i will have to agree with tamu.

if those stats are true, send him my way!

falcons79
08-27-2004, 08:18 AM
As far as his time in the 40 it was the same at every camp he attended this year. Our defense may pose a problem, we lost alot of seniors last year and think we have rebuilt it, but will have to see. As far as the boys discipline, we have a new coach and he demands alot from these boys. The kids that are seniors on the team are some of the finest men to come out of huffman in a long time. Most of them are great kids, we have an average of a 3.8 grade point average. We are very proud of these kids...

As far as size not mattering, I will have to listen more to what the college recruiters are saying then what other peoples opinions are.. As some have said, we can teach football to anyone, what we can't teach is size.

Panther Ross
08-27-2004, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by daddy02
I think Liberty will be decent, but I think they are over rated in the polls, come on think about it, they went 10-0 but lost in the first round.......you gotta win some playoff games before you get touted as the next great team.......the Liberty and Silsbee will be a good game........Barbers Hill will be the district Champ in that district

Will you please stop talking about the playoffs we are still 10 weeks from it.

jalapeno
08-27-2004, 02:33 PM
Jalapeno.