PDA

View Full Version : Yoakum @ West Columbia

Gobbla2001
08-24-2004, 07:11 PM
I know there are some Roughnecks that float around on the board from time to time, and I've also seen a couple of Bulldogs here and there... And I know there are folks familiar with both of these schools on here as well...

What do you see in this game? Who takes it?

I think Yoakum's gunna be pretty tough to handle and I say they win the game...

Their defense will be one of the best in Region 4 this year and they have some size from what I hear...

What about West Columbia? Why should I NOT bet against them in this game...

How have they looked in scrimmages etc...?

crabman
08-24-2004, 09:34 PM
The two fastest players at Yoakum High School do not play football. Dayne Grahmann and Broderick Mathis. Both track studs. Their ticket to college is not the football route.

You are right about size. They finally have some. Not a lot of speed though.

Old Green
08-24-2004, 10:04 PM
Didn't Grahman Graduate?

bd62
08-24-2004, 10:53 PM
grahman is a senior this yr. broderic mathis elected not to play football. i am sure w.c. is a hungry football team and we play at there place. hopely the kids will respond to the challenge.

Old Green
08-24-2004, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by bd62
grahman is a senior this yr. broderic mathis elected not to play football. i am sure w.c. is a hungry football team and we play at there place. hopely the kids will respond to the challenge.
Thanks for the info on Grahman.

The Dawgs will be ready. I would sure lioke to attend this game. It should be a good one. Good luck Dawgs.

bd62
08-24-2004, 11:17 PM
tks. old green. hope latrael has a fast recovery. he is a tremendous athlete and from what i have seen a fine young man. i wish him the best.
you guys should have no trouble with west oso. unless something changed they will be laying on the ground with cramps by the third quarter.

Old Green
08-24-2004, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by bd62
tks. old green. hope latrael has a fast recovery. he is a tremendous athlete and from what i have seen a fine young man. i wish him the best.
you guys should have no trouble with west oso. unless something changed they will be laying on the ground with cramps by the third quarter.
Ok Bd62:D

CheerMom
08-25-2004, 08:16 AM
I take Yoakum in this matchup. Look forward to meeting up with the Bulldogs in a couple of weeks. Good Luck to you this Friday!
Go Raiders!!!

underware
08-25-2004, 09:45 AM
I take Yoakum, also. But it will be a close one. Still have some work to be done before district. Good luck and hope everyone stays safe.

Johnnypaycheck
08-25-2004, 11:02 AM
West Columbia in a route...

Necked
08-25-2004, 10:35 PM
Here's a quick rundown on the Necks.....
They played a ton of Sophomores & Freshmen last year...
As a result, they set a record for turnovers in a season...
All their skills players have good speed.....
The defensive line & DB's are real good....
Coach Lane & Surovik are Victoria graduates & have 5 championship rings between them at La Marque...
Don't know much about their 1st scrimage w/Texas City other than they lost it...
At El Campo in the game simulation they lost 1-0 on a Chad Long 65 yard run, but the QB had close to 80 yds passing & the DB's had multiple INT's...
Playa's to watch--
Jared Flannel - Soph- RB/DB impressed District 24-4a enough to be named Newcomer of the year as a Freshman...
Andrew Jones -SR- DT/TE 6'3 285 A College prospect with speed & is atheletic enough to catch passes in traffic...
Justin Keith -JR- LB He's small for a LB but his speed made him tough for RB's to get around...
Nolan Darthard -SR- DB/Special teams The best player on the team has been playing Varsity since his Soph year, and can play any skill position on the field...
As to how the Necks do this year, it's gonna depend on turnovers.
If they play like they did against Calhoun (7 TO's 9 Penalties) they will lose to teams like Calhoun...
But Bay City found out how tough the Necks can be when they were 3 yds away from pulling off the upset of the year (ended on a TO in the endzone..damn)...
Just have to wait and see how much they have matured....

pancho villa
08-26-2004, 08:31 AM
Watch out for the necks, they are battle tested in 4A and moving down to 3A.

Matthew328
08-26-2004, 09:39 AM
This one is a toss up

bd62
08-26-2004, 04:20 PM
tks. for the info necked. i knew w.c. has had some good teams in the past but were rebuilding last yr. sounds like they will be a handfull for the bulldogs. thats what preseason is all about.

RBARKER
08-26-2004, 04:32 PM
Thanks for the info. Necked, we have yall on the schedule this year also. BH will travel to WC Sept. 24th. I think this one is a toss up also, may the best team win.

Necked
08-26-2004, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by RBARKER
Thanks for the info. Necked, we have yall on the schedule this year also. BH will travel to WC Sept. 24th. I think this one is a toss up also, may the best team win.

Yeah, I see ya'll on our schedule too....for Homecoming no less!
:D