PDA

View Full Version : Quincy Carter signs with Jets...

crzyjournalist03
08-24-2004, 04:02 PM
his contract is going to pay him as a starter if he gets significant playing time...now the big question is whether he'll face a four game suspension from the NFL for a failed drug test...he's currently appealing the test...(how do you appeal a failed drug test? "Uh...I really don't think that there was enough coke in my system to show up on the test...would you mind reviewing those results?")

JasperDog94
08-24-2004, 04:04 PM
You knew he would end up somewhere, but no way is he better than pennington.

rhino33
08-24-2004, 07:36 PM
that is very true

Mustang '89
08-24-2004, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
his contract is going to pay him as a starter if he gets significant playing time...now the big question is whether he'll face a four game suspension from the NFL for a failed drug test...he's currently appealing the test...(how do you appeal a failed drug test? "Uh...I really don't think that there was enough coke in my system to show up on the test...would you mind reviewing those results?")

I think you have to fail three test before a suspension is warranted. I thought this was just the second failed test.

JasperDog94
08-24-2004, 07:39 PM
I heard ESPN's Peter King say that the reason he's with the Jets is that he can sit on the bench and get a year of west coast offense under his belt and be ready to join another team at the end of the year. His reasoning was that 10 teams run the west coast offense and Carter has no experience with that kind of system.

Why do people still consider him to be a starting QB?

Bulldog92
08-24-2004, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
I heard ESPN's Peter King say that the reason he's with the Jets is that he can sit on the bench and get a year of west coast offense under his belt and be ready to join another team at the end of the year. His reasoning was that 10 teams run the west coast offense and Carter has no experience with that kind of system.

Why do people still consider him to be a starting QB? Beats me, but he'd be a really good #2 and I think he'll stay where he is after the season. If you're gonna be a career backup, which he may well be, New York's not a bad place to be.

CRHSeagle
08-24-2004, 08:41 PM
That kind of weird how we Vinny came from the Jets and Q is going to the Jets...

crzyjournalist03
08-24-2004, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by Mustang '89
I think you have to fail three test before a suspension is warranted. I thought this was just the second failed test.

I don't know what's going on...it was just a topic I heard on ESPN radio's Dan Patrick Show that Quincy might be subject to a suspension or fine of some sort and that he is appealing his drug test results.

bullfrog_alumni_02
08-25-2004, 01:26 AM
i honestly didnt think carter did that great of a job at QB for the cowboys, yes he may have had over 3000 last yr, but he also threw more int's thand t.d.'s thats not the kind of leader America's team needs. IMO.

JasperDog94
08-25-2004, 09:20 AM
The second drug offense and you get a 4 game fine.