PDA

View Full Version : Burnet/Liberty Hill

BurnetBulldog
11-05-2002, 05:38 PM
Sorry I've been off the boards for a little while and didn't see what the decision was on the location of this game. Is it staying in LH or moving to Leander. And if it is staying in LH does anyone know if additional seating is being brought in?

Thanks

espn1
11-05-2002, 05:53 PM
The game is still in LH. Yes there bringing in more seating, but it won't be enough. LH won't move the game. They want every advantage they can get. Which in this case is none. Burnet will have more fans there than LH. The logical choice in this situation would be to move the game to Leander. But like I said it won't happen because of the purse at the gate and home field advantage.

DOGS1
11-05-2002, 05:55 PM
The game is in Liberty Hill (where it should be). I am sure that more seating will be brought in, but not near enough for everyone, so get there early and plan on standing. Tickets are not going on sale and the gates will not open until 6:15. There should be a huge crowd waiting by then. (BURNET-49 LH-17) GO DOGS!!

CentralTxFan
11-05-2002, 06:59 PM
The gates are not going to open until 6:15?????? Is this a joke? Please, please say you are joking. Did LH send tickets to Burnet?

bigdawg06
11-05-2002, 07:06 PM
yes this is true the gates will not open till 6:15 and no tickets will not go on sale this game

Puppetmaster101
11-05-2002, 09:06 PM
HAHA LH is gonna be beaten like a sack of meat!!!LOL
:D

purple thunder # 1 fan
11-05-2002, 10:45 PM
GUYS LOOKS LIKE THE LITTLE GUYS FROM L.H. HAVE YOU A BIT WORRIED. IT WILL BE O.K. FRIDAY WILL BE HERE SOON ENOUGH.

dawgeatpanther
11-05-2002, 11:32 PM
i think the only reason LIberty Hill wants to keep the game in L.H. and limit the amount of tickets sold is because they want to minimize their humiliation

ladydawg03
11-05-2002, 11:48 PM
I'm alittle upset about the gates not opening until 6:15. At home games people start rolling in around 5:15. I have heard from reliable source that Burnet is bringing some bleachers. If we are bringing some seating, then we need to recieve a portion of the ticket sales. Does anyone have any clue at all why the gates are not opening till that late???????? PLEASE CLUE ME IN!!!

spaniard
11-06-2002, 12:46 AM
6:15 is crazy. there is gonna be a line down highway 29, not of cars, but of people. so theres no way we can get the location moved, but there has to be some way that they can open the gates sooner than 6:15

BIG19
11-06-2002, 12:17 PM
From what I was told, Burnet is sending about 500 extra seats to the game. LH has said that the capacity for their field will be about 2500, with the extra seats. There will be NO reserve seats, so first come first served...... With the limited number of seats, LH wants to make it as fair as possible for everyone, I guess. My suggestion, get there early and Tailgate!! Will be a good time. See everyone, Liberty Hill and Burnet fans, there!

spiritpridehonor
11-06-2002, 12:45 PM
I believe there has been enough "trash" throwing by both Liberty Hill and Burnet for anyone to single out either team for being the "rudest or crudest". Some of the rudest haven't even been from either LH or Burnet. I think Spaniard and I think along the same lines as of this being a game between two teams that are both 9-0, and both fighting for the district championship and we should all treat it as such. {Sorry Spaniard if I'm speaking out of turn for you!}. I don't have a problem at all with the game being in Liberty Hill and have been understanding of all the reasons, except one. 6:15, are they serious! Just to adjust the flow going through the gates is going to be horrible. It's going to be a stampede!!! Anyways , that's my main concern. GO BULLDAWGS!!!

hotstuff
11-06-2002, 01:09 PM
Give LH credit in this one. They've turned their program around and made that district more interesting. Burnet is very strong, yes, but it sounds like they are taking LH lightly due to past opponents. Go get 'em, Panthers.

Old Dog
11-06-2002, 01:57 PM
hot stuff, you are so correct.....if Burnet were to take LH lightly, it would be real stupid. I don't think Coach Shipley will let them do that! Many of the posters might, but that's another story. Only time will tell.

spiritpridehonor
11-06-2002, 02:09 PM
No, I don't believe the Bulldogs take this game lightly at all and are preparing for it like all the other games. I don't believe Coach Shipley would allow the team to slack off, especially with the district championship up for grabs at this moment. Friday night will determine this outcome not people's opinions on a message board.
GO BULLDAWGS!!!

hotstuff
11-06-2002, 03:26 PM
I started posting on this "monitored" board two weeks ago and have boosted those who derserve boosting and responded to fans of teams who sound like a broken record about their strengths only to cut down everyone else. When all the lame attempts at getting personal appear on this site when it has NOTHING to do with the sport, it only magnifies the problem. I think the new rule of thumb is "if you have something to say to glorify your own team (Burnet), write a novel on here but if you highlight the positive traits of their coming opponent, don't write anything at all." Did you people vote for Hitler on Tuesday?

hotstuff
11-06-2002, 03:28 PM
Good luck to both teams!

Puppetmaster101
11-06-2002, 09:40 PM
Sorry I think people that are at least on a team have the right to trash talk because they are on a team and know more than 50 year old commentators!!!!