PDA

View Full Version : Rice vs. Sweeny

elhs
08-24-2004, 11:51 AM
Any surprises between the Rice and Sweeny match up!!

CheerMom
08-24-2004, 12:16 PM
With Rice and Sweeny, you never know. Sweeny, is one of those teams, that always seems to give Rice problems.
If the Offense gets off to a slow start, Rice might have problems.
With the inexperience of the O-line, the Defense will have to play it's usual awesome game. If the Defense can hold the game together, Rice will come out on top.
I'll go with the pick, Rice by 13.
Go Raiders!!!

BrahmaMom
08-24-2004, 03:07 PM
Good luck Rice!

Bull's-eye
08-24-2004, 05:58 PM
With Bellville playing Saturday, I'm thinking about watching this game. Should be a great game!

JasperDog94
08-24-2004, 06:56 PM
I almost took my first job as a band director in Sweeny. Ended up in Huffman instead. That said I don't know much about the Sweeny program, so I'll take Rice in this matchup.

Gobbla2001
08-24-2004, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
I almost took my first job as a band director in Sweeny. Ended up in Huffman instead. That said I don't know much about the Sweeny program, so I'll take Rice in this matchup.

Sweeny used to be alright in 4A until dropping down in '98 (I believe that's the year)... We knocked them out of the playoffs in '99...

They always play hard there...

they're picked to finish 2nd in 25-3A behind Wharton...

They return 5/5 starters from a 6-4 team last year (3 of those losses in district... a district that featured Rice, Wharton and Edna)...

They should make the playoffs this year...

Rice's defense will be tough for Sweeny to get by..

I'll pick Rice in a close one...

JettJenkins04
08-24-2004, 08:29 PM
To me this will show how good the raiders will be this year. This is the first game of the season, but this is also a good test to see where they stand. If the offense can move the ball then the Raiders will have the edge. Good Luck to both teams, my pick Rice by 3 td's. Go Raiders.

CheerMom
08-25-2004, 08:04 AM
Everyone is so pumped for this game. It should be a good one. Like I said before, if the offense can get off to a good start, we should have no problem. Our defense is solid, but we're dealing with a whole new o-line. Good luck to our boys, we are behind ya'll all the way!!
Go Raiders!!!
Oh, and by the way thanks to espn1 for my awesome signature!!!

elhs
08-25-2004, 10:16 AM
Good graphics Cheermom, I agree everyone is getting pumped for this game.

Good Luck Raiders!!!!!!!!!

Leopard213
08-25-2004, 07:48 PM
How is the New AD doing at Rice? Boy, do I have some stories to tell about that guy!!!!!!!

Specklebelly
08-25-2004, 09:20 PM
This game will be an ugly, close, grind it out matchup. Ill take the Raiders by a TD or less just because they will have the better D.

Necked
08-25-2004, 09:31 PM
Sweeny should have a good defense, but I think they are gonna have a hard time finding a replacement for Shedrick Johnson on offense. I didn't see anyone else last year that was ready to fill his shoes, so Sweeny will probably suffer for awhile...
I pick Rice and their home field advantage........

CheerMom
08-26-2004, 07:39 AM
Leopard213, as far as I know the AD is doing fine. He's been at Rice for 5 or so years now. He will build on the program that was set in place by Roark and try to continue with the success that we have been having. Rice is lucky to have him.
Go Raiders!!!

elhs
08-26-2004, 10:21 AM
I agree with you Cheermom. The new AD will do a tremendous job and keep the program in place and continue a winning tradition.

G.A.T.A
08-26-2004, 10:30 AM
Will Rice make the playoff for 5 years in a row? Well the answer is simple, the raiders will return once again and show everyone they are better than what everyone thinks. Charles Huffman will lead the hungry Raiders into battle Friday night at the SWAMP. So everyone show up and support our young men.
My prediction Rice 28 Sweeny 7. G.A.T.A

CheerMom
08-26-2004, 10:36 AM
Welcome aboard, G.A.T.A!!!
Go Raiders!!!

4x100jackets
08-26-2004, 11:06 AM
The Dogs will come to the Swamp tomorrow and hold their own. Better hope the dogs don't jump out early because If Rice is relying on their passing game it could be a long night for the toss,toss,toss Offense of the Rice Raiders.........

CheerMom
08-26-2004, 11:23 AM
I predict it will be a long night for the Dog Defense against the run, run, run of the Raider Offense!!
Here's to a safe and injury free game!!
Go Raiders!!!

elhs
08-26-2004, 03:15 PM
ttt

Raider Nurse
08-26-2004, 06:59 PM
Go Raiders!!!! We're behind you all the way!!! By the way Cheer Mom, I love your signature!!!!!!:clap:

Necked
08-26-2004, 07:56 PM
Sweeny will play the game without their head coach, who just had a hernia surgery yesterday........

fisher67
08-26-2004, 09:39 PM
I'm new to this website. I graduated from Rice, but now reside in Bellville. My heart will always bleed Raider Blue. My kids attend BHS, so at some point I will be pulled in two directions. I believe neither schools will have the seasons of a year ago (Due to graduation) but both will win this weekend. Prediction= Rice-22 Sweeny-16. Bellville-24 Caldwell-10. By the way, I will be attending the Rice vs. Sweeny matchup. GO BIG BLUE AND RED!!!!

Chris_06
08-26-2004, 10:31 PM
Well Im from Sweeny and our Team is ready for the Rice Raiders. Our defense is led by LB-Wendel Davis 6'1 205 who is a D1 Prospect. The offense is led by Jr. QB-Blake Williams 6'2 170. With very fast WR's. This game will be a physical game and will be one on the defensive side.

The Toss, Toss, Toss will have to Stop tommorow night...

Sweeny Bulldogs Fight 4-Ever!!!

elhs
08-27-2004, 09:36 AM
Way to go Rice Jv and Fish on your big wins last nite.

Lets go VARSITY!!!!

G.A.T.A
08-27-2004, 10:32 AM
Sweeny will be murdered tonight by the Raiders. The final score will be 35-7 in favor of the Raiders. Don't look for the Raiders to run the ball all night they will pass often. The offense of the Raiders will come out ready for whatever defense Sweeny throws at them. Huffman will score on the opening drive. Just my prediction. G.A.T.A

Rice_fan_02
08-27-2004, 01:41 PM
Don't really know much about Sweeny......but I am behind the Raiders 110%.......Good Luck tonight guys!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

raider red 2000
08-27-2004, 01:46 PM
i dont really care for either team, but last week sweeny didnt look very athletic against columbus. i thought that sweeny was supposed to be full of good athletic young men, but i could not see it. unless rice is way down from last year, i see rice by a whole bunch. 4 or 5 td's

g$$
09-02-2004, 03:43 AM
Sweeny has some athletes, but don't confuse this program with the former powerhouse of the '80s & early '90s. The natives are restless & the kids look lost. Lots of deep-rooted problems with coaching staff changes. Sweeny has 3 kids in the NFL & is known for producing athletes. Also, junior qb Blake Williams was lost to a broken left collarbone & may be out up to 8 wks. It got ugly after that. Rice was very sportsmanlike, believe me. Could have been much worse. Watch & see - long year for the Dogs.