PDA

View Full Version : Old card at it again.......

sphinx-1906
08-24-2004, 08:28 AM
Once again the Old Card has screwed up the facts. Bridge City did not lead in the game for three quarters last year. They lead 6-0( until Newton ran a play for 67 yards after the kickoff) and they lead 8-6 after the deep snapper snapped it over the punters head. Then it was all Newton with a halftime score of 26-8 and a final score of 46-15. The only thing Newton did in the fourth quarter was play second teamers and run the dive. Get em straight OC, once again you can't stand to give Newton credit.

Old Cardinal
08-24-2004, 01:38 PM
I never said that they led till the end of the third quarter. I thought the score was 8-6 BC into the beginning of the third quarter. If that was not the case I am sorry. I try to trust the little memory that I have left...LOL. I do remember how quiet it was on into the second quarter on the Newton side when that little BC team with just a few Seniors were still in the game. Good luck in 2A, hope you win it all. I drove up to Nacogdoches last year to watch you play Marlin in the playoffs and I plan to go and watch you in the playoffs again this season. I have some good friends in Newton. I am looking forward to the BC/Newton scrimmage this Thursday night (22nd) 7:30 pm and will try to be present....It is interesting that Coach Curtis Barbay almost took the Bridge City job some years ago. I wonder if he could have developed an on going program that could have retained the Seniors each year in Bridge City?.....Guess we will never know. You have one of the very best Coaches in Texas, continue to be proud of him! I am always amazed that each year you have such a good flock of athletes. I realize that injuries to key players toward the postseason has hampered your efforts to win it all. Maybe in 2A the relative depth on the bench will be strong enough to really build a dynasty!

spiveyrat
08-24-2004, 01:48 PM
OC,

So, BC lost a bunch of seniors again this year? What the heck is going on down there?

Old Cardinal
08-24-2004, 02:08 PM
To Spiveyrat: They have just 8 Seniors this year. There are enough athletes in the Senior class not playing football that they could have been a very competitive team. Some of it is that they specialize in baseball and several other sports to get good scholarships. There are other apparent reasons that I will not discuss. I am very proud of the boys that are out for football in Bridge City, they seem to give their all.

sphinx-1906
08-24-2004, 02:10 PM
Well once again you are wrong. Coach Barbay never has nor ever will accept a job in bridge city. If he wanted the job (whenever you are talking about) he would be there now. We must not have been too quiet if we scored 20 points in the second quarter, and don't give me the "little bc team with just a few seniors" crap. 46-15 that is all you need to know. If you don't want to have a few seniors each year then keep them interested. good luck to bc and old card take your memory medication. Lil ol' Newton will still be ok...lol. Good talkin with ya Old Card.

Eagle88
08-24-2004, 02:26 PM
Newton's going all tha way this year and Bridge City is just a bump in the road. We ain't worried bout them 46-15 is all the proof that you need

JasperDog94
08-24-2004, 02:32 PM
I'm not trying to offend any women on here, but what got your panties in a wad Sphinx and Eagle88? OC admitted that he could have been wrong (and he was) about the score. He goes on to praise Newton and wish ya'll the best of luck. He makes a comment about Barbay "ALMOST" taking the BC job several years ago and goes on to ponder what could have been had he taken the job. What's the deal?

BCsportfan
08-24-2004, 03:18 PM
Sphinx & Eagle, ......OldCard said nothing but good things about Newton. Barbay could have any job he wants including the one He turned down years ago in BC, heck, He could go anywhere with the record Newton has. But He stays because He is committed to the Eagles. That is also why the Newton teams are committed to him.
They play football like it's an honor to have him coach them and that is the way it should be. He may bust their butts on the practice fields but they know it's to make them good and He would stand up for anyone of those kids becuase He is committed to them. They know He will always be there to help them be the best players they can be. And they are always awesome.
BC not having many seniors, or players for that matter, has nothing to do with how good Newton is.
OC wished ya'll luck. It's just pretty sad you two attacked him that way.
I only wish BC could be lucky enough to have a Coach stay so long, and coach so well. We seem to get a lot of "nice guys" instead. And before you attack what .. I don't mean Barbay is not a nice guy, I meant ours are usually good coaches or nice guys; rarely both.

exbccards76'smom
08-24-2004, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
To Spiveyrat: They have just 8 Seniors this year. There are enough athletes in the Senior class not playing football that they could have been a very competitive team. Some of it is that they specialize in baseball and several other sports to get good scholarships. There are other apparent reasons that I will not discuss. I am very proud of the boys that are out for football in Bridge City, they seem to give their all.

We have gained some players back. Haymon had quit to concentrate on baseball, but he came back, and one other one that didn't play last year( can't remember his name right off the bat) I say let the one's that wanna play, play. If they don't wanna play football, that's their decision. what's sad, in my opinion, is when a coach can leave a 3 AAA school and go to a 1A school and get more money.

Backwoods
08-24-2004, 06:07 PM
Dog94. I'm staying out of this except to relate a little history. OC is not exactly loved up here due to comments he made a couple of years ago comparing the cities of Bridge City and Newton. He really put out some bulletin board material and there are still a lot of people that remember it and won't cut him ANY slack.:mad:

Ranger Mom
08-24-2004, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
I'm not trying to offend any women on here, but what got your panties in a wad Sphinx and Eagle88? OC admitted that he could have been wrong (and he was) about the score. He goes on to praise Newton and wish ya'll the best of luck. He makes a comment about Barbay "ALMOST" taking the BC job several years ago and goes on to ponder what could have been had he taken the job. What's the deal?

No offense taken JasperDog94!

OC may rub some people the wrong way, but he ALWAYS gives credit where credit is due!

JasperDog94
08-24-2004, 06:53 PM
Backwoods, I'll trust you on this one. You've always been an intelligent poster and I respect what you have to say. I'm sorry this kind of stuff came up in the past. Like you said, this happened a while ago and I guess I wasn't around back then.

PEACE!!!:cool:

Pudlugger
08-24-2004, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by sphinx-1906
Well once again you are wrong. Coach Barbay never has nor ever will accept a job in bridge city. If he wanted the job (whenever you are talking about) he would be there now. We must not have been too quiet if we scored 20 points in the second quarter, and don't give me the "little bc team with just a few seniors" crap. 46-15 that is all you need to know. If you don't want to have a few seniors each year then keep them interested. good luck to bc and old card take your memory medication. Lil ol' Newton will still be ok...lol. Good talkin with ya Old Card.

Whoa Sphinx BC was being very civil. Can't say the same about you. You are not satisfied with making your point, you wish to run OC into the ground. In so doing you undermine your credibility as a judge of your football team. You come across as just another homer and biased Yahoo. So be it. BTW, I respect Newton, but your post is a detractor for the program.:(

Gobbla2001
08-24-2004, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
Whoa Sphinx BC was being very civil. Can't say the same about you. You are not satisfied with making your point, you wish to run OC into the ground. In so doing you undermine your credibility as a judge of your football team. You come across as just another homer and biased Yahoo. So be it. BTW, I respect Newton, but your post is a detractor for the program.:(

Are we going to have to make a 2A board now?

Pudlugger
08-24-2004, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001

No gobbla we just need to make sure cheap shots don't go unanaswered against 3A Downlowers with good intentions.

Gobbla2001
08-24-2004, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
No gobbla we just need to make sure cheap shots don't go unanaswered against 3A Downlowers with good intentions.

Agree...

JasperDog94
08-24-2004, 07:34 PM
Are we going to have to make a 2A board now? :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Ranger Mom
08-24-2004, 07:44 PM

Oh, but there already IS one.....ran by posters from this board!

Texas AA Sports (http://texas2asports.proboards33.com/index.cgi)

Gobbla2001
08-24-2004, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Oh, but there already IS one.....ran by posters from this board!

Texas AA Sports (http://texas2asports.proboards33.com/index.cgi)

To the rescueeee...

JasperDog94
08-24-2004, 09:38 PM
To the rescueeee... I thought you were being sarcastic earlier. A 2A board was started earlier this summer.

WOS Mustang
08-24-2004, 10:46 PM
Don't know how true this is, so if I am wrong, correct me and I apologize! I heard (and you know how that goes) that the Coach from BC runs off most of the talent at BC. Something about him treating them like total dirt and just being an overall idiot to some extent. Supposedly a lot of players just absolutely refuse to play as long as he is there!! Like I said, I don't know how true that is so I hope I don't get attacked on here. :rolleyes: :D

sphinx-1906
08-25-2004, 09:48 AM
It is always funny to me how easily feathers are ruffled when bc is involved. I have had some great arguments with Old Card and I am sure we will have some more. It is fun for the both of us. If I stepped on someones toes ....... Oh well get over it. I have read posts on here that I didn't like and I am still here. Yes I have some ill feelings about some of the stuff in the past posted by Old Card and no I won't cut any slack. I will take my own advice and get over it. However if you think I will sit back and not stand up for the Eagles then you are wrong. I know that if Jasper was the team being put down for the past couple of years by an individual then all Jasper poster would do the same. Yes OC has some very good posts and seems to have a good knowledge of the area teams, that is why it is fun to argue with him. good day.

SuusJudex
08-25-2004, 10:02 AM
You know, I am inclined to side with sphinx on this one. I wasn't around for the Newton-BC conflict, but I sure was around for the representations OC made about WO-S. I also noticed the little squib about Barbay supposedly considering coaching at BC and can see how Newton fans might take that as a dig. OC's M.O. seems to be misrepresentations here and there supported with totally unsubstantiated anecdotal evidence - the old, well so-and-so told me yada yada yada ....

JasperDog94
08-25-2004, 10:49 AM
Wow. You can sure tell that this is an election year because when someone says something, somebody else takes it totally out of context. Oh well...

Ranger Mom
08-25-2004, 10:57 AM
http://kit.netpoets.net/kit-yawn.gif

spiveyrat
08-25-2004, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Wow. You can sure tell that this is an election year because when someone says something, somebody else takes it totally out of context. Oh well...

No kidding! :crazy:

BCsportfan
08-25-2004, 01:56 PM
to WOS Mustang,
I'm not sure what goes on with the coach(es) and the players but people from HF where he came from told us He would run our program to the ground and they guessed in a couple years time. I know that when He came here we did have a lot of extra talent. But teams like WOS and Newton seem to have talent year after year, the coaches there have to be doing something right, it amazes me they are always so loaded with talent and dedication. Well, no matter what happens in BC with coaches etc. My family will always be there backing the boys and girls in all sports played.

exbccards76'smom
08-25-2004, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by BCsportfan
to WOS Mustang,
I'm not sure what goes on with the coach(es) and the players but people from HF where he came from told us He would run our program to the ground and they guessed in a couple years time. I know that when He came here we did have a lot of extra talent. But teams like WOS and Newton seem to have talent year after year, the coaches there have to be doing something right, it amazes me they are always so loaded with talent and dedication. Well, no matter what happens in BC with coaches etc. My family will always be there backing the boys and girls in all sports played.

Well said...I,also, will back Bridge City athletics, no matter what!! I don't have anyone playing anymore, but I still love to watch the game!!!

RBARKER
08-25-2004, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by WOS Mustang
Don't know how true this is, so if I am wrong, correct me and I apologize! I heard (and you know how that goes) that the Coach from BC runs off most of the talent at BC. Something about him treating them like total dirt and just being an overall idiot to some extent. Supposedly a lot of players just absolutely refuse to play as long as he is there!! Like I said, I don't know how true that is so I hope I don't get attacked on here. :rolleyes: :D

The coach at BC used to coach Hampshire Fannet and he always had the longhorns playing to the best of their ability. I don't know why he is having so much trouble at BC I though for sure that he would take BC to the next level.

Panther Ross
08-25-2004, 09:12 PM
It is always funny to me how easily feathers are ruffled when bc is involved. I have had some great arguments with Old Card and I am sure we will have some more. It is fun for the both of us. If I stepped on someones toes ....... Oh well get over it. I have read posts on here that I didn't like and I am still here. Yes I have some ill feelings about some of the stuff in the past posted by Old Card and no I won't cut any slack. I will take my own advice and get over it. However if you think I will sit back and not stand up for the Eagles then you are wrong. I know that if Jasper was the team being put down for the past couple of years by an individual then all Jasper poster would do the same. Yes OC has some very good posts and seems to have a good knowledge of the area teams, that is why it is fun to argue with him. good day.

Man you are a baby! You practically look for trouble.

sphinx-1906
08-26-2004, 11:28 AM
Nah, not looking for trouble. I will give it up to B.C., they bring their A game every week. It has always been a good game between Newton and B.C. and I am sure it will be a great scrimmage this week. I do wish them luck, I just like razzing Old Card. No disrespect to B.C. football intended, just like messing with the guy. Chill Liberty you know how things get. It's all in fun.

JasperDog94
08-26-2004, 11:54 AM
Can we all sing "Kum Bah Yah" now?:nerd:

Ranger Mom
08-26-2004, 12:00 PM
GROUP HUG http://kit.netpoets.net/grouphug.gif

sphinx-1906
08-26-2004, 12:59 PM
how about "Oh Happy Day"?

JasperDog94
08-26-2004, 01:14 PM
how about "Oh Happy Day"? I've got a great instrumental arrangement of that tune!:)

Chief Woodman
08-26-2004, 01:17 PM
no group hug here. Afraid of some of the folks on this site.:eek: