PDA

View Full Version : Pud LG/Gonzales

cdlvj
08-23-2004, 05:22 PM
Where is the game to be played? I thought that I had earlier seen that Alamodome.
Thanks

Gobbla2001
08-23-2004, 05:51 PM
I think this will be a good one...

Leopard213
08-23-2004, 06:23 PM
Game is at Gonzales 7:30 PM 09/17/2004

BigChief
08-24-2004, 06:43 PM
Game got moved to Gonzales because some lawn & garden show payed big bucks to rent out the dome. Alamodome officials chose the money over its livelihood, high school football. Its a shame too, I was looking forward to watching my Apaches play their first game there.

Pudlugger
08-24-2004, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by BigChief
Game got moved to Gonzales because some lawn & garden show payed big bucks to rent out the dome. Alamodome officials chose the money over its livelihood, high school football. Its a shame too, I was looking forward to watching my Apaches play their first game there.

Big Chief consider this a blessing. For La Grange the AlamoDome is like home field. They have played 6 games there in the past three seasons. the awe of being in the 'Dome has definately worn off the Leps and that is an advantage. The apaches are very tough in their home field and my Leps have their work cut out for them. Looking forward to another nailbitter. :)

Gobbla2001
08-24-2004, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
Big Chief consider this a blessing. For La Grange the AlamoDome is like home field. They have played 6 games there in the past three seasons. the awe of being in the 'Dome has definately worn off the Leps and that is an advantage. The apaches are very tough in their home field and my Leps have their work cut out for them. Looking forward to another nailbitter. :)

You've got that one right, pud, they play very well at home...

When they moved down from 4A in '98, they didn't make the playoffs and we went to state... But we played them at their house and they won 21-20...

In '01 they were up 28-zip at halftime on us, forget the final...

And last year we won district and they didn't make the playoffs, I believe the final was 21-7 (but it was tough holding them to 7 and even tougher scoring 21 points)...

BigChief
08-25-2004, 08:29 PM
Yeah, since we don't make the playoffs much, except in hoops, we take our little victories over the Cuero's and La Grange's of the world as the highlights of our football seasons.

And you are right, we do play tougher at home...
Don't forget, Gonzales beat La Grange 13-7 the year they won state. We payed for it the next year though, a 39-0 thumping in Leopard country. That 2000 team was probably the best Gonzales has ever had with Dane King at QB. He might even be the starter at Baylor this year. He is slotted as the backup on the depth chart, but the Bear never do stick with the season opening starter.

Pudlugger
08-25-2004, 08:41 PM
Yeah, the Leps will never forget that game. The apaches are tough at home. The Leps will not go in there unprepared for a battle. Dane was something that night. Good luck.:)