PDA

View Full Version : How About The Usa Women's Soccer Team!

Phil C
08-23-2004, 01:29 PM
They were underdogs yet they beat Germany in the semis 2 to 1 and advance to the gold medal game against either Brazil or Sweden and the winner of that game will be good so USA still has to work hard. Still this was a great win for the USA against the number one team in the world. The USA lead until stoppage time when Germany tied it on a lucky bounce and then in overtime the USA scored to go ahead and held Germany off after several close calls to win the game and advance. I could just see Sinton 66 and PPHS and others dancing in the streets after the game ended in celebration of our great win! Way to go Ladies! You fought and didn't give up and now you are playing for gold! GO USA!!

Phil C
08-23-2004, 01:54 PM
A lot of character shown by both sides!

coiled2strike
08-23-2004, 02:19 PM
you mean no sliding around and ripping off their clothes...

JasperDog94
08-23-2004, 03:07 PM
They have women's soccer?!?:eek: :eek:

jason
08-23-2004, 04:25 PM
so they have womens soccer? but no golf?? what is this world coming to???

Phil C
08-23-2004, 04:54 PM
USA plays Brazil for the women's soccer gold. The game will be Thursday at 1:00 P.M. our time I think. We beat Brazil in a preliminary round 2 to 0 in a tough game but that means nothing now. Hpe we can win! GO USA!

Bandera YaYa
08-23-2004, 08:27 PM
Phil, I watched that game and it was so exciting, to say the least! Those women play with so much heart....can't wait for the final on Thursday...I get to watch it at work......my boss is great!! GO USA!!!! :D ....is it just my imagination, or are the women teams just doing awesome at these Olympics????? How about those softball gals???!!! :D

Phil C
08-24-2004, 08:59 AM
The softball girls were awesome Yaya and the pretty thing is that two of their great pitchers Jeanie Finch is only 22 and the CAT (Catherine Osterman) is only 21 so those ladies should have a few more olympics to go and they are awesome. The CAT will be returning to UT and can only be much better with this olympic training and experience plus she will be a junior and available for two years! GO USA!

bullfrog_alumni_02
08-24-2004, 09:13 AM
yea, it was a great game between USA and Austrailia, they played a phenominal game and were outstanding. the athletiscism was all there, and im proud to say that Texas is home to the greatest atheletes in the world. hands down and outright.

Goldenstick
08-24-2004, 01:03 PM
The U.S. women have looked very sharp throughout the Olympics. Big win over Germany who won the Women's World Cup last year. Too bad the U.S. men couldn't make the Olympics. Looks like it's going to be Argentina vs. Iraq/Paraguay in the Men's gold metal game. It would be good for Iraq to be in the final.