PDA

View Full Version : The predictions of liberty and silsbee!

Panther Ross
08-22-2004, 09:00 PM
The predictions of liberty and silsbee

Old Tiger
08-22-2004, 09:02 PM
I'm gonna go w/ Liberty. Where is Liberty?

sahen
08-22-2004, 09:14 PM
i think liberty should win w/ all the preseason predictions and all but who knows...it is the first game...odds r silsbee wont have a huge turn around but i honestly dont know what they have over there this year...but w/ liberty's defense i'll go w/ liberty by 7

j_dog
08-22-2004, 09:56 PM
I was wrong last year when I picked Silsbee to win. I will run the risk of being wrong again. You just don't keep Silsbee down forever. They are due for a big turnaround. I pick Silsbee in a big upset over a veteran Liberty team.

JasperDog94
08-22-2004, 10:12 PM
I'm not sure who will win, but we should get a good idea of what Silsbee will bring to the table this year after this game. Where's it being played?

RBARKER
08-23-2004, 08:10 AM
I'll go with Liberty by 2 TD's.

WOS1
08-23-2004, 10:34 AM
Based on Silsbee's performance against Nederland AND a vast talent base. I'm picking Silsbee to turn it around and upset Liberty 21-14. I think this is going to be a good year for them. They will not stay down forever. It was only 6 years ago that they were going to the quarterfinals in DII in 4A and playing LaMarque.

JasperDog94
08-23-2004, 11:24 AM
How did Silsbee fare against Nederland?

j_dog
08-23-2004, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
How did Silsbee fare against Nederland?
Let's put it this way. Silsbee apparently did better against Nederland than Jasper did. :( I think the margin was 3-1 Nederland.

Old Cardinal
08-23-2004, 12:06 PM
I will pick an upset in that Silsbee has everyone back. I think that Silsbee with their vast enrollment and seeing some light-at-the-end-of-the-tunnel are out to steamroll some 3A teams. Liberty is no pushover because of the number of returnees. It should be a good contest but I will stick with an upset by Silsbee.

JasperDog94
08-23-2004, 01:01 PM
That wouldn't surprise me OC. As a matter of fact, the only thing that would surprise me is if Silsbee got beat by more than 10.

Hupernikomen
08-23-2004, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
I will pick an upset in that Silsbee has everyone back. I think that Silsbee with their vast enrollment and seeing some light-at-the-end-of-the-tunnel are out to steamroll some 3A teams. Liberty is no pushover because of the number of returnees. It should be a good contest but I will stick with an upset by Silsbee.

Silsbee lost their blue chipper defensive lineman to UT I believe.
He was a lot of their team last year, but I like you think they bring back enough to give Liberty a better show this year than last. I was at that Liberty/Silsbee game last year and I guess that means this one is in Silsbee.

I am going with Silsbee 14-7.

coiled2strike
08-23-2004, 02:18 PM
i heard that silsbee had some move-ins from kountze after kountze named the trainer as the new a.d....i know one is an excellent bball player...i know kountze isn't exactly a football powerhouse, but may be able to lend a few decent athletes to help solidify what silsbee already has going...just a thought

hsfootballrules
08-23-2004, 03:29 PM
I think liberty is the most overrated team around.....just my opinion.....they lost some very crucial players from last years squad.....I think silsbee will win by 2 td's

Panther Ross
08-23-2004, 07:41 PM
no he hupernikonmen he went to texas a&m.

Panther Ross
08-23-2004, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by hsfootballrules
I think liberty is the most overrated team around.....just my opinion.....they lost some very crucial players from last years squad.....I think silsbee will win by 2 td's

Man are you serious? Man what are your reasons behind your thoughts. Our only thing that we are having problems with is the offensive line. We have made great improvement. We still have a while to go. We have some of the fastest people in the district..... Dustin Clawson, Trevan Beedie, Lorenso Foreman. Our fullback Jeremy Swift, is fast for his weight. He wrecks and will run over anybody. Shane can handle the pressure, and has some pretty good speed.
Our defensive line wrecks also. We lost Steven Havard which was a key player but we now have Desmond Willis who stills bring the hat. I think you should watch what you are saying. No offense though.

Panther Ross
08-23-2004, 07:50 PM

hsfootballrules
08-23-2004, 09:31 PM
Here is why I say that Havard was a huge loss......even if you have a good player in his spot I think everyone looked up to him on that defense......offense you are right smart is a good qb but I am not impressed with swift the one game I saw him he rushed for limited yds......that being said liberty was 10-0 last year and lost in the first round.....that is what i mean by saying overrated

panther_pride_04
08-23-2004, 10:00 PM
Liberty 28- Silsbee 21

hsfootballrules
08-23-2004, 10:05 PM
Silsbee 28 Liberty 7

WOS1
08-23-2004, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by coiled2strike
i heard that silsbee had some move-ins from kountze after kountze named the trainer as the new a.d....i know one is an excellent bball player...i know kountze isn't exactly a football powerhouse, but may be able to lend a few decent athletes to help solidify what silsbee already has going...just a thought

The year that Silsbee went to the QF's (98), they had a linebacker move in from Kountze and he was a freakin stud.

BTW- the D-lineman from Silsbee last year went to TAMU.

OHSwr19
08-23-2004, 10:44 PM
Panther Ross ur fullback didnt run over Orangefield last year.

Hupernikomen
08-24-2004, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by Panther Ross

Oops no minor mistake there..sorry.

Panther Ross
08-24-2004, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by OHSwr19
Panther Ross ur fullback didnt run over Orangefield last year.

Now hold on, I agree, but man nobody is perfect. He just had a bad game. Everybody has there ups and downs. I have seen Emmitt Smith has been shutdown to -2 yards before. They just have there bad nights. Orangefield wanted more also. Whoever wants it more in the playoffs will get it. In the play offs anything go's. You will have to keep that in mind.

AggieJohn
08-25-2004, 02:35 AM
Ross W?

What's up man, this is john p, your bro's friend....my 2 cents...liberty did lose a key defensive presence in havard, as well as a good lineman in earp, and clawson was crucial too on the defensive and offensive side of the ball, those are 3 huge losses

That being said, i've watched smart since he got the starting job his sophmore year, the kids got amazing skills. His ability to sweep is getting better each year, and he makes pitches at the last possible moment and perfects that. He's a good QB. He also has great field awareness and from what i hear from my brother he's a good team leader. Little Swift had huge numbers, almost 1500 yards as a sophmore, and he wasn't the number one target to go to. He went toe to toe in yards in the huffman game with crew...he's got good potential. I also hear the receiving core is really good this year. Look forward to seeing that evolve. IT will be a glorious day when we get out of 80% running and spread the ball around.

okay so it was like 12 cents sorry

AggieJohn
08-25-2004, 02:36 AM
Liberty 20 Silsbee 14

sahen
08-25-2004, 09:54 PM
ok...liberty guys r yall trying to keep moss a secret....i know he isnt havard but the boy absolutely knocked the crap outa people last year...im sure he is gonna do the same this year.....

daddy02
08-26-2004, 09:27 AM
it sounds to me like panther ross is taking offense to the fact that everyone is not on the liberty bandwagon, well kid I got news for you, last time I checked, it does not matter what you do in the regular season, but what happens in the playoffs, so I would tone it down until november

Panther Ross
08-26-2004, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by daddy02
it sounds to me like panther ross is taking offense to the fact that everyone is not on the liberty bandwagon, well kid I got news for you, last time I checked, it does not matter what you do in the regular season, but what happens in the playoffs, so I would tone it down until november

You can't play in the playoffs if you dont win so I think you better watch it.

Panther Ross
08-26-2004, 10:50 AM
You have to take at one week at a time. You cannot simply look over the season and expect to win state or go to the 3rd or 4th round.

Panther Ross
08-26-2004, 10:52 AM
Doesn't take rocket science to figure that one out. I am sorry I was never mad until now daddy 02.

daddy02
08-26-2004, 02:39 PM
Panther ross, don't take it the wrong way, I like your way of thinking, you have to win in the regular season to makle the playoffs, my point is this, for Liberty to earn State recognition and be known as a powerhouse they must win in November.....I am assuming you are a player, and if the rest of your team is as passionate as you ya'll should go deep

jalapeno
08-26-2004, 02:46 PM
Jalapeno.

ballinhard
08-26-2004, 10:39 PM
I played for Orangefield last year and i didn't think Liberty was that great i still don't know how they went 10-0. Yall are too one dimensional all you would do is run run run then one play out of the game you would fake the run and try to throw it deep and against Orangefield they knew that and should have picked that one deep pass.

jalapeno
08-26-2004, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by jalapeno
Jalapeno.
Jalapeno.

sahen
08-27-2004, 02:26 AM
Originally posted by ballinhard
I played for Orangefield last year and i didn't think Liberty was that great i still don't know how they went 10-0. Yall are too one dimensional all you would do is run run run then one play out of the game you would fake the run and try to throw it deep and against Orangefield they knew that and should have picked that one deep pass.

yah...they prolly did that cause the year before last it worked in beating yall....heck if that game plan worked the first ten games why wouldnt it work the last one...the reason why orangefield won that game not to take anything away from your team but was cause liberty fumbled it away....u cant win a game turning it over 4 or 5 times against a good football team...anyways beside that if u played football last year u should be able to remember that nebraska won a couple of NCAA championships in the mid 90s....i believe all they did was run run run....and then throw it deep what seemed like only once or twice a game....not saying that liberty is a nebraska but there teams r similiar....hard hitting defense and the option is the main offensive weapon....if u run the option right then it is dang near unbeatable...its just hard to do that is why its hard to run right and not many people do it.....be ware this year if u see them in the playoffs the main players in the option offense will have another year under their belt of experience and that can be dangerous.....

jalapeno
08-27-2004, 02:36 PM
Jalapeno.

ballinhard
08-27-2004, 05:33 PM
All we did was load the line then watch the wingback wasnt hard at all thats all yall did all year other teams just didnt wanna take the chance. Nebraska is a way better team thats not even a comparison i mean air force runs the option too and they havent won anything. so that doesnt mean anything.