Wtx_coach
08-22-2004, 06:21 PM
Lamesa at Denver City- I will take DC by 1

Monahan at Merkel - I will take the Loboes by 7

Seminole at Post - Seminole by 3

Abilene Wylie at San Angelo Lake View- I will take Wylie by 10

Clyde at Ballinger - I will take Ballinger by 14

Snyder at Levelland- Snyder by 10

Sweetwater at Lubbock-Cooper - Going to be a great game but im taking the mustangs by 3

Pecos at Midland Christian- I will take the Eagles by 4

Ft.Stockton at Colorado City- I will take the Panthers by 10

Johnny Utah
08-22-2004, 07:40 PM
How big is Lubbock Cooper??? Close to 4a numbers???

wildstangs
08-22-2004, 08:07 PM
Denver City by 6
Merkel by 3
Seminole by 7
Wylie by 12
Ballinger by 1
Snyder by 10
Sweetwater by 7
Pecos by 4
Colorado City by 8

VWG
08-22-2004, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
How big is Lubbock Cooper??? Close to 4a numbers???

If I am not mistaken, I believe they have around 650 students.
They do have some growth though, being so close to Lubbock.

VWG
08-22-2004, 08:15 PM
Anybody know who Breckenridge opens up with?

slpybear the bullfan
08-22-2004, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by VWG
Anybody know who Breckenridge opens up with?

THE MIGHTY BRIDGEPORT BULLS!!!

Matter of fact, it will be a road trip for the Bulls.... Looks like a stop at the Green Frog on the way through Jacksboro...

vet93
08-23-2004, 09:02 AM
Picks look pretty good to me. The spread on the Clyde/Ballinger game seems to be a little big. I think this game should be pretty evenly matched.

Black_Magic
08-23-2004, 09:20 AM
Here are my predictions

DC by 7
Monahans by 7
Semminole by 10
Wylie By 3
Clyde by 3
Snyder by 14
Sweetwater by 3
Midland Christian by 7
Colorado city by 3

westTXbest
08-23-2004, 11:13 AM
Lamesa by 7
Merkel by 10
Seminole by 3
Wylie by 3
Clyde by 7
Snyder by 3
Sweetwater by 17
Midland Christian by 14
Fort Stockton by7

I just dont see Lubbock Cooper doing nothing like usual. Monohans is over rated Merkel will win.

westTXbest
08-23-2004, 11:14 AM
Sweetwater is going to surprise a lot of people this year.

Black_Magic
08-23-2004, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by westTXbest
Sweetwater is going to surprise a lot of people this year.
Just who do you think they will suprise??? an idiot? sweetwater will be good. nobody I have seen has said anything other than that. so how do you suprise people when your predicted to finish 2nd or third in the toughest 3a district in the state?

Ranger Mom
08-23-2004, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
Just who do you think they will suprise??? an idiot? sweetwater will be good. nobody I have seen has said anything other than that. so how do you suprise people when your predicted to finish 2nd or third in the toughest 3a district in the state?

Maybe they will "surprise" people and finish up 1st.

The guy was just making a statement -- LIGHTEN UP!!

lobo12
08-23-2004, 11:51 AM
lamesa by 10
monahans by 14
post by 7
wylie by 14
clyde by 7
snyder by 14
sweetwater by 17
midland christian by 10
ft stockton by 7

Black_Magic
08-23-2004, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Maybe they will "surprise" people and finish up 1st.

The guy was just making a statement -- LIGHTEN UP!!

Lighten up? why? I was "just making a statement" as well. my point was that an idiot would be suprised if sweetwater did good this season. its that simple.

Ranger Mom
08-23-2004, 12:05 PM
Okay...fine. I like Sweetwater , but I will be surpised if they make it all the way to State this year... (much as I was in 2002 when Greenwood went all the way)....does that make me an "idiot"??

westTXbest
08-23-2004, 12:19 PM
Black Magic whats the deal your getting all irate because someone thinks sweetwater dont get much regognition, thats y they will surprise people because i think they will beat wylie and snyder for 1st place in district. No one is an idiot.

vet93
08-23-2004, 12:24 PM
I agree with Rangermom about your post being a little strong. And I agree with Westtxbest that they may surprise people. I agree with you that most people think that Sweetwater will be good, but very few preseason publications/polls have given Sweetwater much credit at all. Therefore, I think that Westtxbest statement is valid. Sweetwater will be a good team......that has a chance to be better than what many of the "experts" are predicting.

Lighten up? why? I was "just making a statement" as well. my point was that an idiot would be suprised if sweetwater did good this season. its that simple.

Black_Magic
08-23-2004, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by westTXbest
Black Magic whats the deal your getting all irate because someone thinks sweetwater dont get much regognition, thats y they will surprise people because i think they will beat wylie and snyder for 1st place in district. No one is an idiot.
This is funny .It realy is.. Irate? I just think it rediculous to say sweetwater is going to be a suprise if they do good this year. in my oppinion you would have to be stupid to think Sweetwater will not be good. its that simple. SO... Read what ever you want to read into my post. I can have the oppinion that a person is stupid for overlooking Sweetwater cant I?

Ranger Mom
08-23-2004, 01:06 PM
Dang....you like to argue on this name just as much as you did your last one.

It seems you took a 10 word statement and read all kinds of things into it. After reading it, I didn't come away with the feeling that ANYONE thought Sweetwater wasn't going to be good, I just read it to believe that WTB thought they would be better than people expect them to be.

But what do I know...when it comes to this stuff, I could probably be classified as an "idiot"!!:p

Curly
08-23-2004, 01:17 PM
Now easy Ranger Mom.....
Don't let the snyder supporter get you upset....
The folks in the sparkle city of snyder are obsessed with what happens in Sweetwater. The Mustangs are almost the single focus of the smilin tigers whole season.

Ranger Mom
08-23-2004, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by Curly
Now easy Ranger Mom.....
Don't let the snyder supporter get you upset....
The folks in the sparkle city of snyder are obsessed with what happens in Sweetwater. The Mustangs are almost the single focus of the smilin tigers whole season.

:eek: That's kinda "freaky"!!:eek:

Black_Magic
08-23-2004, 01:35 PM
the Freaky thing may hapen on week 3 or the 4th game of the season ;)

Ranger Mom
08-23-2004, 01:38 PM
the Freaky thing may hapen on week 3 or the 4th game of the season ;)

You may very well be right!!

I just noticed your signature......interesting!!:thinking: :thinking:

Black_Magic
08-23-2004, 01:46 PM
Dang....you like to argue on this name just as much as you did your last one.

It seems you took a 10 word statement and read all kinds of things into it. After reading it, I didn't come away with the feeling that ANYONE thought Sweetwater wasn't going to be good, I just read it to believe that WTB thought they would be better than people expect them to be.

well I have not posted under Ram in forever {2 years } If saying that im not irate when I was not even close to it is arguing by your definition then so be it.

as far as a putting words into mouths { in refrence to the 10 word statement } feeling is mutual.

DirtRoad
08-24-2004, 06:29 AM
WHY DON'T EVERYBODY RISE UP ABOVE THE 12 YEAR OLD LEVEL AND JUST HUSH!!!!!
LET'S TALK WTFB.

OZONA/KERMIT(3A LAST YEAR)??? HEARD KERMIT GOT AFTER MONAHANS IN SCRIMMAGE LAST WEEK. MONAHANS CAME OUT WITH MOST POINTS BUT IT WAS A PHYSICAL WAR.

WHO DOES GREENWOOD OPEN UP WITH, QB SITUATION?????

HEARD STOCKTON HAS NOT BEEN SCORED ON IN 2 SCRIMMAGES(BROWNFIELD/ALPINE) AND THEIR QB RACKED UP OVER 300 LAST WEEK. BROWNFIELD/ALPINE JUST DOWN OR IS STOCKTON UP THIS SEASON?

PECOS GOT SOME ATHLETES BACK THIS YEAR, SPEEDY WIDE OUT AND BIG FAST RB, HOW HAVE THEY DONE IN SCRIMMAGES?

HAS SEMINOLE SETTLED IN TO NEW OFFENSE/DEFENSE?

ANYBODY GOT ANY LAMESA INFO?

Curly
08-24-2004, 08:12 AM
WOW Ft Stockton with 300 yards at QB
I guess the old redneck OC out there has got em in two tights and is running the splitback veer no need for any wristlist out in Panther land. I hear that he firmly believes that only 3 things happen when ya throw the ball and two of are bad....
I bet he hates track too, more than likely he coaches girls softball in the spring...

Ranger Mom
08-24-2004, 08:31 AM
Greenwood is off Week Zero and will play Abilene Wylie on September 3rd.

As of last night, QB situation still up in the air. A QB was pulled up from one of the lower squads, so that gives us 3 trying for that starting position.

Spirits are kinda lagging right now, but hopefully once someone is put in that QB spot, they will be able to kick it back into gear.
Only time will tell!!:confused:

vet93
08-24-2004, 09:17 AM
RM....as difficult as it is to lose a starting qb...now would be the time for it to happen as opposed to mid-season. However, that doesn't help the young man who sustained the injury. I truly feel for him and remember distinctly the tears in the eyes of our starting fullback my junior year who missed almost the entire season due to a knee injury.

Greenwood is off Week Zero and will play Abilene Wylie on September 3rd.

As of last night, QB situation still up in the air. A QB was pulled up from one of the lower squads, so that gives us 3 trying for that starting position.

Spirits are kinda lagging right now, but hopefully once someone is put in that QB spot, they will be able to kick it back into gear.
Only time will tell!!:confused:

Black_Magic
08-24-2004, 10:12 AM
It has to be tough to lose a QB at this point especialy if they are not that deep to begin with.

Ft Stockton has potential to be good. they have good athletes and support. a new system may make a big diffrence. If the OC hates track then he is cutting his own throat. Track feeds football more than any other sport. Speed is the most important thing you can have on the football field. it makes up for things you dont have. you dont get faster stealing and ocasional base like you do running 4 200s for time. Im wondering how the D is doing in stockton?

lobo12
08-24-2004, 10:16 AM
monahans kermit was a good scrimmage and monahans put up over 500 yards of offense, but the defense needs to step up. if that happens watch out for monahans

BigAbe79
08-24-2004, 11:12 AM
I think Clyde is underrated. They should do good on defense with Chiappone and Wilkerson on patrol. They combined for 180 tackles last year. Chiappone added 13 sacks to that. The o-line is also underrated. They could be the quickest line in their district.

vet93
08-24-2004, 01:17 PM
BigAbe...I agree with you! I think because you are in such a strong district....people tend to overlook both Clyde and Merkel. You guys have made alot of strides of late. Hopefully you can captilize on those strides this year and pull some upsets. I will tell you for sure that Ballinger is not overlooking you guys. We know that we have our hands full and with all of our young players playing...you probably won't even recognize most of the faces on the team. Good luck Friday!

Originally posted by BigAbe79
I think Clyde is underrated. They should do good on defense with Chiappone and Wilkerson on patrol. They combined for 180 tackles last year. Chiappone added 13 sacks to that. The o-line is also underrated. They could be the quickest line in their district.

Johnny Moxen
08-24-2004, 03:58 PM
I think that District 4-3A is one of the toughest districts in the state. I too believe that Merkel and Clyde are both under rated and agree with others that Sweetwater will sneek upon some people. Based on the fact that they lost some serious talent off last years squad. Doesn't mean that they are over rated, just that they and Snyder lost alot of talent. My picks below.

Lamesa at Denver City- I will take DC

Monahan at Merkel - I will take Merkel

Seminole at Post - Seminole

Abilene Wylie at San Angelo Lake View- I will take Wylie

Clyde at Ballinger - I will take Clyde

Snyder at Levelland- Snyder

Sweetwater at Lubbock-Cooper - Sweetwater

Pecos at Midland Christian- Midland Christian

Ft.Stockton at Colorado City- Colorado City

wildstangs
08-24-2004, 09:15 PM
I had a very tough time picking the Clyde - Ballinger game. I feel like it could go either way. I wanted to say Clyde might be decent this year, but everytime they seem to be good they end up being a dissapointment.

QuailKiller
08-25-2004, 06:55 PM
CLYDE GOT SOME GOOD LOOK'EN KIDS THIS YEAR, NOT ALOT OF TEAM SPEED THOUGH.

STOCKTON QB IS FOR REAL, SCOUTED THEM V. ALPINE.
OC FROM STOCKTON I THINK LIKES TRACK, BEING THAT HE HAS WON THE BIG ONE A COUPLE OF TIMES.
CURLEE BE FUNN'EN Y'ALL.

westTXbest
08-25-2004, 08:54 PM
I do think Clyde will beat Ballinger, Ballinger lost way to much to graduation. Fort Stocktons Qb is really good seen him play.

stangcenter60
08-25-2004, 09:36 PM
I'm not gonna make any predictions about our game against Lubbock Cooper cuz thats just not my style but i will say that it will be a great game cuz the boys here in Sweetwater are comin to play....and whether we win or lose, it will be a battle til the very end.....If anyone remembers our game againts Perryton in the playoffs last year you will know to never count us out til the horn goes off.....Good luck to all on this beautiful upcoming FOOTBALL FRIDAY NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lobo12
08-25-2004, 09:47 PM
does anyone know if merkel will be as good as last year. how many did they lose. how many coming back.

wildstangs
08-25-2004, 09:51 PM
Merkel graduated the house. They have a very talented QB coming back though. He led the team to the win over Greenwood and Littlefield in the playoffs.

Ranger Mom
08-25-2004, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
Merkel graduated the house. They have a very talented QB coming back though. He led the team to the win over Greenwood and Littlefield in the playoffs.

:thinking: Hmmm...I wonder if they would lend him to us??:D

Curly
08-26-2004, 07:12 AM
Quailkiller shouldn't that be Miss Dabird.
Is the Ft Stockton QB the kid that polevaulted and ran the open 400 last spring, he is a talented guy for sure. From what I hear the OC at FS has a new motto
- " We gonna score 50, you guys see if ya can stay up" . Good luck friday against the C-City boys.:D

Da Mules
08-26-2004, 10:34 PM
Well, according to today's Lubbock Avalanche-Journal (motto: the closer to Lubbock, the better the team has to be!) Sweetwater doesn't need to waste time showing up for the game. ALL of their football gurus pick Lubbock Cooper to win, and the high school expert predicts Cooper 23-13. :rolleyes: I think these guys write so much Cooper BS that they start to believe it themselves. So what's your prediction, Wildstangs and other Swater fans? Gonna roll over for Cooper to make the Lubbock A-J look like ESPN sports geniuses? :D

Z motion 10 out on 2
08-27-2004, 08:38 AM
Swater rolls in this one. Not even close.

Swater 28
Cooper 10

Z~

Black_Magic
08-27-2004, 09:59 AM
I disagree . I think cooper will be good. If sweetwater cant throw the ball it could be a long night. Im saying its a toss up. hom town advantage going to cooper.

Stangster
08-27-2004, 03:15 PM
...wishful thinking?

Spread the Red! :evilgrin: