PDA

View Full Version : La Grange...

Gobbla2001
08-19-2003, 10:14 PM
What do you guys think will happen?

They're going to be very hard to score on... They're fast and can knock the crap outta ya, just some overall hard-nosed defenders...

They're very speedy on offense and they have a pretty good QB...

I'm thinking they'll make a good run...

Pudlugger
08-20-2003, 12:00 AM
This year could be another outstanding season for the Leps. They are loaded with talent in all the skill positions with 5 1st team all district players and 3 2nd team all district players returning. The entire defensive secondary is back with 8 starters returning from the stingy 2002 D that averaged 9 points given up per game in an 11-2 season. The big question on D was who would move into the noseguard RMLB and RDE positions and several outstanding young players are vying for these slots. As Gobbla2000 noted, La Grange will be tough and fast this year. On offense the entire backfield is back, except Boothe at fullback . However, Thornton, a junior, played a lot last year and is a hoss. Ulrich, a junior,is looking real good there as well. Cody Wilson (5'10 190 4.7 2nd team all district tailback) adds both speed and toughness to the tailback slot giving the Leopard running game depth and versatility. Both big TEs are back with 1st team all district Schramm (6'3" 225, 4.8) and Stiffler (6'1", 260, 5.1). The interior line will have to be rebuilt with some strong players moving into starting roles this year including Allen, a senior 240lb left guard, Arona 6'1" a 210lb left tackle (moved into this slot from Up Back), Krause a 5'10' 185lb center (playing both ways this season after being 1st team all district5 LMLB in 2002). The right side will be anchored by big Keith Hickle a 280 lb junior tackle who puts a real load on the defenders and junior guard Fisbeck 5'11' 200 lbs who had an outstanding year on JVs and seems to have won the starting spot. Topping it off will be District 24 Offensive MVP Qb Anderle with three years of play-off experience including the 2000 and 2001 3A finals. Coaching is as strong as ever despite losing Coach Sports to a head coaching slot up north. I am really excited about this years prospects.

<small>[ August 20, 2003, 12:03 AM: Message edited by: Pudlugger ]</small>

Gobbla2001
08-20-2003, 12:13 AM
Yah, though they didn't get a score up on the board (it was just a scrimmage, doesn't mean a thing that they didn't score) the offense looked good and fast... I was really impressed with the second team Leps as well (both O and D), nice for depth...

The defense really impressed me though... They flew to the ball and they laid down some nice hits... Scrimmage or no scrimmage, that's what ya wanna see...

Good luck La Grange!

Pudlugger
08-20-2003, 06:41 AM
Thanks Gobbla. I think Cuero is going to show some stuff this year. Those boys have real sand. The defense on both sides of the ball made some great hits Saturday. Also, they have what looks like a great one-two punch in the Qb and Tailback with a strong throwing arm and lots of speed and power. Good luck to yall this year. :)

sinton66
08-20-2003, 06:51 AM
From what I saw, I think both Cuero and La Grange have a good year to look forward to. I was impressed with the speed from both squads.
Scrimmages are the place for new kids to show their stuff, and both squads showed plenty. Good luck to both of you.

Gobbla2001
08-20-2003, 10:37 AM
Awwwwwww, Sinton66, I think I might cry seeing how that one came from a Pie-Rat...

Ha, how did you guys look in your first scrimmage? Are we gunna be locked at 0-0 again at halftime or what?

Hey, that's kinda neat... In '00 when we met for the first time in a while it was 7-7 at halftime, last time it was 0-0, Sinton just comes out in the second half and does their damage...