#9 La Vernia
#10 Decatur

The number #1 rated preseason CC teams are as follows:

5A--The Woodlands
4A--Boerne
3A--Bridge City
2A--Holliday
1A--Big Sandy

I know that Anahuac, Orangefield, Barbers Hill and Hamshire-Fannett have a few individuals(boys and girls) that are outstanding. Do you know of outstanding individuals across the state that will be very competitive this season?

VWG
08-22-2004, 12:44 PM
Canyon will win the girls title this year.
They received an early X-mas gift when a girl transferred in that was a top CC runner at another Texas school. Not sure of her name, but I read about it months ago while I was in Amarillo.
They were already a stacked program.

CRHSeagle
08-22-2004, 02:07 PM
Heather Adams from Castleberry has been to the state meet several times for cross country and in the long distance events in track.

La Grange
08-22-2004, 02:09 PM
The world of 3a cross country is blessed now that Elgin has moved on into 4a. Does anyone think they can keep up there CC program now that they are in 4a?

Old Cardinal
08-22-2004, 05:30 PM
It will be interesting to follow Elgin this year. They graduated all but one of their State Championship 3A team last year. 4A might be a little much for a team that is in a rebuilding stage....I have heard that the Canyon girls team is really great!

BullFrog Dad
08-23-2004, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by CRHSeagle
Heather Adams from Castleberry has been to the state meet several times for cross country and in the long distance events in track. CRHSeagle, I've seen her at several meets and she is my pick to be the '04 3A Girls Cross Country State Champion. Lay your money down!

bullfrog_alumni_02
08-23-2004, 09:17 AM
i have a little brother who quit football to focus on cross country and powerlifting(an interesting combo i know) but i think he said his average time last yr was 19:30ish, but dont quote me. i know he could smoke the crap outa me in a race. wish him luck

3afan
08-23-2004, 09:22 AM
when they have North Lamar ranked, who has moved up to 4A, it makes you wonder about the validity of these polls IMO