PDA

View Full Version : Jasper fans...Anyone know where Zack Bronson is?

Bulldog92
08-22-2004, 10:38 AM
Did he sign anywhere? I've been waiting to see where he would go when SF cut him in June (salary cap move). I thought for sure that someone would pick him up, but I don't think anyone has. Does anyone know what's going on with him? :thinking:

j_dog
08-22-2004, 11:26 AM
Apparently bad news. I googled his name. Got only this:

"Browns | No Visit Scheduled for Bronson - from www.KFFL.com
Sun, 6 Jun 2004 08:31:53 -0700

Tony Grossi, of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, reports Cleveland Browns head coach Butch Davis said the team has no plan "right now" to schedule a visit with free agent S Zack Bronson (49ers)."

Maybe something will break right for him if injuries strike some team. :(

Bulldog92
08-22-2004, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by j_dog
Apparently bad news. I googled his name. Got only this:

"Browns | No Visit Scheduled for Bronson - from www.KFFL.com
Sun, 6 Jun 2004 08:31:53 -0700

Tony Grossi, of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, reports Cleveland Browns head coach Butch Davis said the team has no plan "right now" to schedule a visit with free agent S Zack Bronson (49ers)."

Maybe something will break right for him if injuries strike some team. :( He had some interest from the Bills too and another team that I can't recall, but no one brought him in. ESPN had him in their 2004 free agent list earlier this summer and players stay on that list even after they sign with a new team. He's no longer on that list. Maybe he decided not to play anymore. :confused:

j_dog
08-22-2004, 06:51 PM
It may have all been about money. His not wanting to play for less, and the other teams not wanting to pay him what he had been getting.

For sure, after 8 seasons making what he was reportedly making, he must have enough stashed to live on the rest of his life. At a minimum, he played the required 5 years to qualify for an NFL pension. I wish him the best of luck. He has certainly helped shine some positive light on Jasper. :)