PDA

View Full Version : Olympics Update - August 22, 2004

PhiI C
08-22-2004, 08:48 AM
8:45 A.M. (4:45 P.M. in Greece who are 8 hours ahead of us)

The USA leads in total metals with 49 to China with 43 and Russia with 34 and Germany with 30. What is dangerous here is that Russia is good in track as is Germany and the danger is they may get multiple medals. Let's hope the USA does too. The USA and China are tied with total gold at 20 followed by Japan with 12. By my system the standings are now as follows:

1. USA with 408 points

2. China with 368 points

3. Russia with 258 points

4. Germany with 238 points

5. Australia with 232 points

6. Japan with 190 points

And the rest of the World follows. Japan was in top five but have since been replaced by Germany.

PhiI C
08-22-2004, 08:51 AM
Our USA softball team will get at least a silver but hopefully a gold. They won their semifinal game today against Australia 5 to 0. My guess is that they will play Japan for the gold and this should be a close game. The USA won over Japan earlier 1 to 0 in eight innings so Japan has a great pitcher. Of course the USA has too but all it takes is one hit to win a close game like this. Let's hope the USA can bring home the gold. I don't know when the game is even though I know it is Monday probably in the early A.M. Go USA!

BIG19
08-22-2004, 09:32 AM
I just wish the Iraqi soccer team would go ahead and lose out. Everytime they win, it rains lead around here. Nice show with all the tracers and all, but they need to learn that what goes up, must also come down. Actually, it is nioce to see them playing the way they are, just wish they didn't feel the need to celebrate with their guns............

PhiI C
08-22-2004, 12:10 PM
12:00 P.M.

China gained another gold medal on us and leads USA in gold metals 21 to 20 even though USA has 40 total to China's 44. By by system USA leads China 408 to 378. I hope our softball team can win the gold. Australia beat Japan a while ago and now Japan gets the bronze and Australia plays the USA for the gold. Even though USA beat Australia earlier today you can through everything out the window. Tomorrow is the nitty gritty and winner takes gold and loser silver. Australia didn't use their best pitcher against us today and even though USA won it may have worked because they beat Japan. USA has best pitchers overall and a great bench but all it takes is one hit or one costly error. They will be on the USA channel tomorrow at 8 A.M. our time for the gold medal. We need the gold so GO USA!

PhiI C
08-22-2004, 02:50 PM
2:46 P.M. (10:46 P.M.) in Greece

Bad news on the gold medal count. China picked up two more and lead us 22 to 20. Overall we lead them 54 to 46. We are picking up silver and bronze but not gold right now. Hopefully that will change tomorrow. Not a bad day but let's hope we can get some gold from our softball and beach volleyball teams. GO USA!

PhiI C
08-22-2004, 10:22 PM
10:20 P.M. It is Monday 6:20 A.M. in Greece

Now there are more corrections and I don't know what the internet news is doing. One minute they say China has 22 gold medals and the next time 21. Hard to know what to believe. Terrible coverage because it seems they could have the medal count accurate. I will wait until tomorrow to update further.

BIGHANK
08-22-2004, 11:52 PM
USA ! USA! USA! USA! USA!

bullfrog_alumni_02
08-23-2004, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by BIG19
I just wish the Iraqi soccer team would go ahead and lose out. Everytime they win, it rains lead around here. Nice show with all the tracers and all, but they need to learn that what goes up, must also come down. Actually, it is nioce to see them playing the way they are, just wish they didn't feel the need to celebrate with their guns............ thats a good point big, hope you stay safe over there, my R&R leave is comming up soon, so ill send you a post card from home and maybe a letter or care package. take care over there man