PDA

View Full Version : Buckeyes beat the Bobcats

Buckeye80
11-22-2003, 12:09 PM
Gilmer 45
Celina 22

I wouldn't say that this was one of the better games that we've played this year, and the same could be said for Celina. We had 6 turnovers and Celina had at least 3 that I can remember! I don't know if it was nerves or the wind or what. Celina also had about 3 dropped touchdown passes in the first half.
All that having been said, I think Gilmer showed that they are the better team. Referring to a previous post, #7, Manuel Johnson is not the only player we have on offense by far. #5, Derek McKenzie, #21 Andrew Hines, #18 Derell Moore, and #12 Michael Tucker all contribute to our offensive success. Last night was just an example of our coaches thinking that they could exploit Celina's defense with our best receiver. And they did several times!
Celina fought hard, and I applaud their effort. If they do go back to 2A next year, they'll pick up right where they left off.
As for the Tatum Eagles, they have an excellent QB in Stephen Hodge and some very fast players, and they're coming off a 56 point drubbing of Canton. This should be a good test for the Buckeyes as a "speed on speed" game. It's set for Rose Stadium in Tyler next weekend, though I'm not sure on the day yet.
Good Luck to Celina's program in the future, and way to go Buckeyes...12 down, 4 to go!!!

<small>[ November 22, 2003, 11:10 AM: Message edited by: Buckeye80 ]</small>

Rabbit'93
11-22-2003, 12:21 PM
I said it was gonna be 45-14. Oh well pretty darn close. Congrats to the bucks on a great win. Good luck next week.

As far as tatum goes you can't really use the canton to measure them by. Canton is an average team out of a bad district. I think Gilmer should be able to put a fair amount of points on the board.

Fletch
11-22-2003, 12:29 PM
Gilmer has a great team, and better yet, they show class in victory. Buckeye, good assessment, neither team played their best. Gilmer did what it takes. Lot's of weapons, and the coaches did a good job exploiting Celina's weakness.

Hats off to the Celina coaches also. They had a good plan which created some good scoring chances, but the execution was a little off.

Good Luck to Gilmer the rest of the way.