PDA

View Full Version : Burnet-marlin Scrimmage

FranksBullDog
08-21-2004, 08:23 AM
DOES ANYBODY KNOW HOW IT TURNED OUT?

lv2937
08-21-2004, 08:43 AM
wasnt even a contest. Marlin could,nt score against. neither could Llano. Thought Marlin would do better than they did:inlove:

BIG19
08-21-2004, 09:22 AM
Sure would like a little more detail other than scoring. That is not what a scrimmage is all about. How did each team look? Offense, defence?

Chris Hart
08-21-2004, 11:30 AM
Big19, Here's what I took from the scrimmage. Burnet's first teamers handled Marlin and Llano very well, scoring several times against each team, while not giving up any scores to either. The second teamers looked just like the first teamers, scoring against both several times, and never allowing a score. Burnet looked pretty good. I thought they looked a little sloppy at times, but the defense looked much better this week. Our strengths at this point-running game(Heiligman, Reynolds, Parks & the FB, I can't remember his name right now, the little strong one), OL looks good and defensive line. Not that the other areas are weaknesses, but they're not where those areas are right now. I think the secondary needs the most work. Marlin is once again loaded with athletes, and will eventually have a fine team like last year, they dominated Llano with both teams. We should really see where we are, when we open with Taylor. You know it's always a good one when we play them. You should be encouraged Big19, but there's still room for improvement.:)

pedeefrommarlin
08-21-2004, 11:59 PM
i dont think so i played in the game and marlin was not dominated by burnet . burnet did score twice in the game situation and marlin scored once but we do have a lot to work on but if burnet wants to be a dominating force in 4a like in 3a they have a lo of work

espn1
08-22-2004, 12:30 AM
You better go back and talk to your coaches because Burnet spanked you handily.

NHSRattler60
08-22-2004, 12:38 AM
Marlins Lineman need to hit the weightroom big time. Just a suggestion.

Chris Hart
08-22-2004, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by espn1
You better go back and talk to your coaches because Burnet spanked you handily. I was just going to let it go, LOL.:D

pedeefrommarlin
08-22-2004, 12:53 AM
no you should go back talk to your coaches because burnet didnt really do anything, navossota needs to get better everywhere because they suck big time

NHSRattler60
08-22-2004, 12:57 AM
If it comes to mind correctly (which it does) when we were doing lineman vs. lineman stuff, our starting o-line (and 2 of our jv players) were completely demolishing yours. You need to hit the weight room.

espn1
08-22-2004, 01:00 AM
Ok! Good luck with Le Vega.

NHSRattler60
08-22-2004, 01:06 AM
And just for the record, You do know that everyone in the state reads this board and your attitude. your attitude reflects you team, your team reflects your coaches and school. So have some pride and dignity and just keep OPINIONS as opinions and let facts carry facts. Just because you think so, doesn't mean it is.

Navasota needs to improve and will. Marlin needs to improve (especially your lineman) and might. I dunno its what you guys do.
I'm done talking. Talking trash is stupid. I was just telling you what needs to happen.

BIG19
08-22-2004, 04:20 AM
Thanks Chris.

Ranger Mom
08-22-2004, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by pedeefrommarlin
no you should go back talk to your coaches because burnet didnt really do anything, navossota needs to get better everywhere because they suck big time

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Chris Hart
08-22-2004, 08:43 AM
Anytime!:)

FranksBullDog
08-22-2004, 10:56 AM
I KNOW LINEMEN IS A BIG CONCERN FOR THIS TEAM AND EVEN THOUGH I DID NOT GO I DONT HAVE ANY DOUBT THEY MUST GET BETTER TO ENJOY SOME SUCCESS. COACH MALONE USUALLY DOES A GOOD JOB AT DEVELOPING LINEMEN AS THE YEAR GOES ON AND WILL NOT HESITATE TO MAKE A LINEMEN OUT OF A RB IF IT WILL HELP THE TEAM.THEY HAVE A LOT OF HOLES TO FILL BEFORE DIST. STARTS AND MUST FIND NEW LEADERS ON THE FIELD TO REPLACE THE 4 YEAR STARTERS NOW PLAYING IN COLLEGE. GOOD LUCK TO BURNET THIS YEAR!

Old Tiger
08-22-2004, 11:23 AM
whoa, watch the caps buddy...

espn1
08-22-2004, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by FranksBullDog
I KNOW LINEMEN IS A BIG CONCERN FOR THIS TEAM AND EVEN THOUGH I DID NOT GO I DONT HAVE ANY DOUBT THEY MUST GET BETTER TO ENJOY SOME SUCCESS. COACH MALONE USUALLY DOES A GOOD JOB AT DEVELOPING LINEMEN AS THE YEAR GOES ON AND WILL NOT HESITATE TO MAKE A LINEMEN OUT OF A RB IF IT WILL HELP THE TEAM.THEY HAVE A LOT OF HOLES TO FILL BEFORE DIST. STARTS AND MUST FIND NEW LEADERS ON THE FIELD TO REPLACE THE 4 YEAR STARTERS NOW PLAYING IN COLLEGE. GOOD LUCK TO BURNET THIS YEAR!
Good Luck to Marlin and their season. We'll be rooting for you guys.

NHSRattler60
08-22-2004, 12:39 PM
Good Luck on your season and I look foward to playing ya'll in the post season.

La Grange
08-22-2004, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by NHSRattler60
Good Luck on your season and I look foward to playing ya'll in the post season.

Yall are D1 and Marlin is D2, so I doubt that the postseason matchup is going to happen.

olddawggreen
08-22-2004, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by espn1
You better go back and talk to your coaches because Burnet spanked you handily.

I guess it all looks a little different when your on the field espn1, guess everyone in the stands must have missed that Marlin TD on Burnet :doh: ;) :D , on the otherhand, maybe he is counting one of those TDs that Marlin got on Llano against Burnet. :rolleyes: Anyway, I would say that every team that was on the field Friday night has room for improvement, some more than others.

I think Marlin will get it together and have another great year. I wish Llano the best but I predict a very long short season for them based on what I saw the other night. They will make up for it during baseball season though.

NHSRattler60
08-22-2004, 04:05 PM
Oh yeah, I keep forgetting about divisions. Well either way, good luck. Besides, scrimmage don't exactly count anyway, they are really just benchmarks.

espn1
08-22-2004, 07:35 PM
I saw this on another site.

Coaches off the field in Fourth Quarter live action- Burnet Offense vs Marlin Defense. Burnet stars on its own 30 yd line 1st - 10 Heiligman -2yd run 2nd - 12 Parks to Heiligman
4yds
3rd - 8 Parks to Reyes
18 yds

1st - 10 Heiligman 6 yd run
2nd - 4 Parks to Reyes
18 yds

1st - 10 Furgesson 7 yd
run
2nd - 3 Parks to Heiligman incomplete
3rd - 3 Parks 3 yd
run

1st - 10 offside defense

1st - 5 Heiligman 1yd
run
2nd - 4 Parks to Bostic 7yd TD

The defense then held Llano without a score but Llano did drive the ball 45 yds. Again Burnet goes up against Marlin's defense.

1st - 10 Parks 24 yd
run

1st - 10 Parks to Heiligman incomplete
2nd - 10 Heiligman 40 yd
run

1st - Goal Heiligman 3 yd
run
2nd - Goal Parks 2 yd
run
3rd - Goal Parks 1 yd run TD

Passing - Parks 3 for 5 for 47yds. 1 TD
Rushing - Parks 4 carries for 30 yds. 1 TD