PDA

View Full Version : Exorcist

X21AAAPlayer
08-21-2004, 12:53 AM
So has anyone caught the movie yet? Is it worth seeing?

Ray_BearKat
08-21-2004, 01:05 AM
I tried too but it was sold out:(

SintonFan
08-21-2004, 01:17 AM
The special effects are better I'm sure, but how can they shock you like the original? They can't. The director said they couldn't in the review I read. I'm sure it makes a ton of money and I'm not going to see it.
Being Catholic, I had a hard time seeing the first. The others that followed wasn't any better. Why do I want to see the prequel? They scare me to no end.

Old Tiger
08-21-2004, 01:59 PM
I watched the making of the Exorcist on E!. Did anyone else see that?

Ray_BearKat
08-21-2004, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
I watched the making of the Exorcist on E!. Did anyone else see that?

Can't say I did...but I am going to see the new one today...I'll come with details later.

Old Tiger
08-21-2004, 06:58 PM
Don't ruin it:p

Ranger Mom
08-21-2004, 09:19 PM
As usual I will wait until it is released on video, although I don't see how it could ever come close to topping the first one.

Of course I was a teenager when I saw it and it scared the living daylights out of me. I watched a biography on Linda Blair this week and just watching clips of the movie gave me goose bumps!

X21AAAPlayer
08-21-2004, 10:58 PM
I wonder what these people do to come up with ideas for these types of movies.

Ranger Mom
08-21-2004, 11:05 PM
After I posted my last post on this thread....some JOKER pm'd me a big old picture of Linda Blair in the exorcist sitting on a bed with her head turned around.......NOT FUNNY!!!!!

Ray_BearKat
08-22-2004, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
Don't ruin it:p

I just got back and it was ok...I haven't seen the original completely so I don't have anything to compare it too. I can confirm what SintonFan said, it does have better graphics. I wont say anymore since I dont want to ruin it for everyone else.

And SintonFan, I'm a practicing Catholic and I don't have any problem watching these types of movies...I find that they help reinforce my faith.

SintonFan
08-22-2004, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Ray_BearKat
I just got back and it was ok...I haven't seen the original completely so I don't have anything to compare it too. I can confirm what SintonFan said, it does have better graphics. I wont say anymore since I dont want to ruin it for everyone else.

And SintonFan, I'm a practicing Catholic and I don't have any problem watching these types of movies...I find that they help reinforce my faith.
I tend to go toward the more positve aspects of my faith. :D

Ray_BearKat
08-22-2004, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
I tend to go toward the more positve aspects of my faith. :D

How could good triumphing over evil not be positive?

JasperDog94
08-22-2004, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Ray_BearKat
How could good triumphing over evil not be positive? Sometimes it's a little bit more complicated than that.

rhino33
08-22-2004, 06:07 PM
has anyone ever seen or know anyone who had to have an excorsism performed on them or a relative?

bullfrog_alumni_02
08-23-2004, 12:16 AM
i saw the exorcist the whole way through for the first time a few months ago, and it really freaked me out. but i know alot of that was just graphics and stuff, but i cant wait to see the new one.

pixie06
08-23-2004, 12:20 AM
Well I'd really like to see the first one I need to rent it. I love scary movies and I'm probably going to be a nurse cause I can deal with seeing blood and stuff like that.

CheerMom
08-23-2004, 09:39 AM
My grandmother helped her local priest perform an exorcism not too long after the first movie came out. She never would talk about it though. She was a very religious woman who didn't watch tv or listen to the radio, but she did go see the original movie which always surprised me. I've seen the original and it scared me, as well. I'm not sure if I want to see the new one or not. It just kind of freaks me out.

BullFrog Dad
08-23-2004, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by rhino33
has anyone ever seen or know anyone who had to have an excorsism performed on them or a relative? My Mother-in-law is having her third next Tuesday.

Ranger Mom
08-23-2004, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by BullFrog Dad
My Mother-in-law is having her third next Tuesday.

ROFL!!!:D :D :D

BullFrog Dad
08-23-2004, 01:54 PM
Ranger Mom, Back in the early 90's there was a radio evangelist named Bob Larson that I listened to during the drive home from work. The first year he had a really up and up show then all of a sudden he started doing a lot ocult related shows. I quit tuning in after he performed a live exorcism on radio for a sixteen year old girl. When it was complete he ask her how she felt. She said quite dizzy but she had to start getting ready for her part time job at a video store. Bob suggested she call in sick.

Ranger Mom
08-23-2004, 02:04 PM
That is just TOO weird!!

I sometimes wonder if my 16 yr. old is possessed also!!:rolleyes:

coiled2strike
08-23-2004, 02:06 PM
i believe all teenagers are possessed

Bandera YaYa
08-23-2004, 08:36 PM
Yep, I'll go see it....loved the original and the sequels....but I agree, can't surpass the original ! Now that was one scary movie!!! :eek: :eek:

CheerMom
08-24-2004, 07:59 AM
I think all teenagers could use a little exorcism.

bullfrog_alumni_02
08-24-2004, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
Yep, I'll go see it....loved the original and the sequels....but I agree, can't surpass the original ! Now that was one scary movie!!! :eek: :eek: i hear ya, im not sure if im gonna touch the new one though, the original was sheer madness!!

CHS_Grad '85
08-24-2004, 02:59 PM
Yep, I'll go see it....loved the original and the sequels....but I agree, can't surpass the original ! Now that was one scary movie!!! :eek: :eek: Just came back from the theater... and I have to agree with YaYa... the original was scarier... was it just me or did this one drag on & on a little in the beginning... anyway, it was okay but I should have waited till it came out on video like RangerMom... oh well, at least it got me out of the office for a little while... :D

Ranger Mom
08-24-2004, 03:58 PM
Yep, I'll go see it....loved the original and the sequels....but I agree, can't surpass the original ! Now that was one scary movie!!! :eek: :eek:

Does it suprise anyone that YAYA will see ALL of them and that she loves them!! :D :D

J/K YaYa....you know I luv ya...please don't put a spell on me!:inlove: