PDA

View Full Version : Barbers Hill and Anahuac

Eagles52
08-20-2004, 11:41 PM
I guess I might as well get it started. Two rivals and always quality teams so lets open it up to opinions and comments and stuff like that.

sahen
08-20-2004, 11:58 PM
whatever happened to barber's hill QB situation...?

sahen
08-21-2004, 12:07 AM
nm i read the other post and yall talked about the QB...im ready for the Liberty/Barbers Hill game at end of the year...hopefully it will be for district

hsfootballrules
08-21-2004, 05:39 AM
I have seen both team scrimmage and i have to give the nod to bh.......i think anahuac has got a great player number 4 but besides that i dont think they compare to last years team.......saying that i think bh is better then last year and wanting a little revenge after last years ot loss to them......i think bh wins by 2 td's

Cat22
08-21-2004, 07:46 AM
I agree with hsfootballrules. The Hill by two td's. How did BH look in their scrimmage last night?

BHKrystal06
08-21-2004, 10:28 AM
The Hill by 2 TD's..:D

eagle08
08-21-2004, 11:54 AM
The Hill should be ready for this one after last year's disappointing loss. The Hill is a better team than last year, and Anahuac is not as good as last year. So I have to give the nod to the Hill by two TD's.

Jetback
08-21-2004, 12:20 PM
bh by two touchdowns. Now that is funny! Anahuac owns bh. How about Anahuac by 2 touchdowns. Now that is a realistic prediction. (barbers hill by 2 touchdowns--I can't even believe you said that--even if you play for barbers hill you can't really think you are going to win--wish maybe, but thats all)

eagle08
08-21-2004, 04:51 PM
Jetback, how close do you live to that storage tank fire that has been burning for the past few days over there close to Anahuac? You must be pretty close because the fumes are beginning to take its toll on your train of thought. :confused:

HillBoy
08-21-2004, 05:09 PM
i think we will win but it all depends on how practice goes and if we start picking stuff up. anahuac runs their O kind of like bh's they have lots of formations and they run all of their plays out of them but coach byrd will have us ready.

Eagles52
08-22-2004, 05:39 PM
I feel like this is the kind of rivalry that can overcome who would on paper be the better team. I think that even when BH or Anahuac has a clearly better team, the other always plays its best game of the year just b/c of the rivalry so if nothing else it should be entertaining

fridaynightwar
08-22-2004, 05:49 PM
there is two questions Anahuac has to answer. They have two QBs #10 and #6. The offense with 10 is as good or better then last years team, with 6 they are just average they havent made it public who they are going with just yet. It will be interesting who gets the call. The defense is clearly better than they have had in awhile. How ever it goes it should be an intense game

daddy02
08-22-2004, 07:37 PM
iI heard Anuhuac is pretty good, didn't they lay Jasper close in the first scrimmage

fridaynightwar
08-22-2004, 07:46 PM
Yes they played well in Jasper. On the live quarter it was 1 to o. the defense is very good and they have alot of speed on both sides of the ball.

AP04
08-22-2004, 08:15 PM
Some people are saying Anahuac is not as good as last year because they lost starting QB Raymond, but I think #16 Hedges will step up to the challenge and make a great QB,and #4 will be an outstanding go to man. As far as the defense goes Anahuac has 8 returning starters and is faster and better than last year. So it will be an all around dog fight till the end. Neither side will back down and may the better team win!!!!

RBARKER
08-22-2004, 09:44 PM
Well here is my opinion. I think BH will win this by 2 TD's, but I thought that last year. Anahuac is a different team under Coach Martel than the Panthers that the Eagles owned in the past. Anahuac should have a strong D this year which will keep the Eagles from scoring alot. On the other hand Anahuac should also be weaker on the Offensive side of the ball. BH should be a little sharper than Anahuac the first game of the season with thier returning QB. I think the final shoud be around 21-7 BH.

hsfootballrules
08-23-2004, 03:35 PM
The closer this game gets it is going to be intersting......QB's for both teams could determine the game?????......I think instead it is going to be the play of both teams o-line.....Anahuac and BH are rebuilding their o-line and that is a good thing for bh and a bad thing for anahuac

Old Cardinal
08-23-2004, 07:06 PM
I have always pulled for Anahuac's opponents. BH is a class act each year and I think they will win in a squeaker Friday.

AP04
08-24-2004, 02:37 PM
Old Cardinal what is your reasoning for not liking Anahuac? Just curious because I have noticed that you are always negative about the Panthers.

AggieJohn
08-25-2004, 02:42 AM
See i think that Anahuac has gotten weaker, word was that they lost some good players last year, and i know barbers hill won't accept a sub par performance like last year, well at least the boosters won't

hsfootballrules
08-25-2004, 07:08 AM
explayer what do you mean when you say the boosters wont put up with a sub par performance?? Just wondering

Panther Ross
08-25-2004, 08:59 PM
Man! What is the bickering about. We all know who is going to pull this one off. Barbers Hill! I give bh 28-7, here is why, bh will be on top of their game this year. They will be focused, I promise you if bh gets beat there will be a fight to the end before they go down. Barbers Hill does NOT go down without a fight.

AggieJohn
08-26-2004, 02:25 AM
Originally posted by hsfootballrules
explayer what do you mean when you say the boosters wont put up with a sub par performance?? Just wondering

just taking a below the belt jab at the good fortunes that Barber's Hill has do to their economic figures that flow into the education system....not that that's a bad thing, just giving a low blow

hsfootballrules
08-26-2004, 10:49 AM
o ok..........i c

ballinhard
08-26-2004, 02:21 PM
BH will beat Anahuac by 3 td's. Without Gary Raymond the panthers won't be able to do anything he was the offense last year.

eagle08
08-26-2004, 10:08 PM
Results of the Freshman and J.V games played tonight in Anahuac:
Freshman BH 35 Anahuac 14
J.V. BH 38 Anahuac 00
Make it a clean sweep tomorrow night Eagles.

Eagles52
08-26-2004, 10:14 PM
well correct me if I'm wrong but I believe last year the subvarsity groups cleaned house on Anahuac and then still lost the game that counts so we'll just wait and see...I hope everyone stays safe and for a fun, injury free game

eagle08
08-26-2004, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Eagles52
well correct me if I'm wrong but I believe last year the subvarsity groups cleaned house on Anahuac and then still lost the game that counts so we'll just wait and see...I hope everyone stays safe and for a fun, injury free game

That's true Eagles52, but some of those same players that were on the subvarsity teams last year are now on the varsity for both teams. I look for the Hill to get revenge big time this year.

Coachs baby grl
08-26-2004, 10:45 PM
Bh will be looking for revenge from last year when we "cough" put them in their place...but in my opinion, tha hill has good speed and no size...im not sure on their QB situation but so far as anahuac goes...everyone thought their chances went out with gary raymond..but #16 hedges will step up very nicely by the way things are looking and w/ #4 williams receiving the panthers should create the upset that happened last year...let the eagles keep undermining them anyway...it makes victory sweeter

hsfootballrules
08-26-2004, 10:53 PM
well I have to disagree.........bh is better then they were last year..........and anahuac is worse......they played in overtime at anahuac.........this year the game is at bh

Coachs baby grl
08-26-2004, 11:00 PM
ok....AND?...i guess u could look @ it that way...but really what is a field? anyway u play its going to be the team that wants it the most that wins...i think anahuac wants it more and yes...i'll admit...offensively, we are weaker...but its not drastic...but our defense is looking very well...i dont believe in the whole home field advantage theory....i happen to believe in guts

hsfootballrules
08-27-2004, 07:44 AM
well if guts come into play i take bh by 50..........but anahuac has better atheltes for the most part...........and what I mean by homefield advantange is not really the way it sounds......bh during pregame and halftime to actually have an a/c room to go to and meet with players..........they have room for the fans to sit in the stands...........there our a lot of things that play into it.........but either way good luck to night to both teams and I pray for no injuries

shellman54
08-27-2004, 09:46 AM
Hey, its been awhile, but i'm back on again and ready for some high school football!!!! This one is a tough one, both are very good teams that will make noise when district comes around. That being said, BH will make atonment for last years loss, and will do it in convincing fashion, winning this game by a score of 35-12. Coach Byrd has and always will put a terrific, well-prepared defense on the field, and the offense will gel with a quarterback that will be returning for the first time in about 5 years. Let's go Hill, start it off on the right foot!!!

eagle08
08-27-2004, 02:26 PM
I'm with ya there shellman. I'm ready, and I know the Eagles are ready, for some paybacks.

RBARKER
08-27-2004, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by shellman54
Hey, its been awhile, but i'm back on again and ready for some high school football!!!! This one is a tough one, both are very good teams that will make noise when district comes around. That being said, BH will make atonment for last years loss, and will do it in convincing fashion, winning this game by a score of 35-12. Coach Byrd has and always will put a terrific, well-prepared defense on the field, and the offense will gel with a quarterback that will be returning for the first time in about 5 years. Let's go Hill, start it off on the right foot!!!

Welcome back Shellman, Where have you been? excellent post and so true, The Eagles will come out fired up this year. With Chris at the healm the Eagles will be alot sharper than last year. I can' t wait to see how the Mcwilliams kid is going to do ( 5A transfer from Clear Creek). Good luck to both teams I hope we have a safe and injury free game. Panthers drive safely.

Eagles52
08-27-2004, 11:46 PM
Final Score BH wins convincingly 38-0, I would like opinions on whether everyone thinks this lopsided game was more of an underestimation of BH or an overrated Anahuac squad