PDA

View Full Version : La Grange Royal Scrimmage

Pudlugger
08-20-2004, 07:32 PM
I wanted to attend this but had to move my two sons into Trinity today. Please post your inpressions here. I really don't like this Royal team and hope we whipped their behinds good.:mad:

Leopard213
08-20-2004, 10:32 PM
I am not an expert and am some what biased.

It appeared to me that the defense, although we are small, we were o. k.

Offensively, we did poorly. The back field, it seemed, could not get their act together. I really believe Daniels as QB is a waste of his talent. He has a hard time reading the defense ( i. e. when to pitch and when not to) and it is hard for him to pass. I think there has got to be someone else out there that can do better. Daniels would make a great running back. He is fast.

We don't have the luxury of 4-5 non-district games and then an off week to "get our act together" for district. District will be here and gone before we are "Organized".

Someone else may have a better take on this because, I am no expert like all those folks in the stands that seem to know just what is happening.

But, I still stand by my signature......................

SintonFan
08-20-2004, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
I wanted to attend this but had to move my two sons into Trinity today. Please post your inpressions here. I really don't like this Royal team and hope we whipped their behinds good.:mad:
Did you move them to Trinity in SA? Any of them playing? That school has some awesome football at that level. Not a bad education either.:cool:

Pudlugger
08-21-2004, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Did you move them to Trinity in SA? Any of them playing? That school has some awesome football at that level. Not a bad education either.:cool:

Yes, my younger son is a freshman and is in two a days as I write this. He is trying out for guard this year. They had 123 players show up for camp this year, 59 of them freshman. Trinity has a good chance to win the national championship in DIII within the next four seasons. They have a huge talent pool and great coaching. The Qb, Dan DesPlaines, (All SCAC) is a 5th year senior who passed for over 2800 yards last season. They have 9 starters back on an offense averaging over 380 yards per game, winning the SCAC (11 staight years now). My eldest is a junior pre-law student. The academics at Trinity are excellent, second only to Rice in that regard. They have 6 home games this season, plus one in Sequin with TLU. Admission is free!:D

Pudlugger
08-21-2004, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by Leopard213
I am not an expert and am some what biased.

It appeared to me that the defense, although we are small, we were o. k.

Offensively, we did poorly. The back field, it seemed, could not get their act together. I really believe Daniels as QB is a waste of his talent. He has a hard time reading the defense ( i. e. when to pitch and when not to) and it is hard for him to pass. I think there has got to be someone else out there that can do better. Daniels would make a great running back. He is fast.

We don't have the luxury of 4-5 non-district games and then an off week to "get our act together" for district. District will be here and gone before we are "Organized".

Someone else may have a better take on this because, I am no expert like all those folks in the stands that seem to know just what is happening.

But, I still stand by my signature......................

Sounds like they're about where they are usually this time of the year. Daniels will learn to pitch out real fast after he gets pasted by the DE or CB reading the option. Matt Woods looked real sharp in the Del Valle scrimmage. He had the best arm that day. None of the Qbs seemed willing to pitch the ball as Hernandez didn't touch it once! It ain't an option if they don't pitch it. :(

LGHernandez#5
08-21-2004, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
Sounds like they're about where they are usually this time of the year. Daniels will learn to pitch out real fast after he gets pasted by the DE or CB reading the option. Matt Thomas looked real sharp in the Del Valle scrimmage. He had the best arm that day. None of the Qbs seemed willing to pitch the ball as Hernandez didn't touch it once! It ain't an option if they don't pitch it. :(
Matt Woods is the other qbacks name. To me Matt Woods isn't ready yet because he gets rattled to easily. Kyle is the qback and he should be the qback. Last week the reason I didn't get any pitches was bc they were sending the outside linebackers straight to me. Thursday against Royal they were sending the outside linebacker to Kyle and Matt, so I got the ball 5-6 times. As long as we win I'm good. Winning is more important to me than getting the ball.

Pudlugger
08-21-2004, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by LGHernandez#5
Matt Woods is the other qbacks name. To me Matt Woods isn't ready yet because he gets rattled to easily. Kyle is the qback and he should be the qback. Last week the reason I didn't get any pitches was bc they were sending the outside linebackers straight to me. Thursday against Royal they were sending the outside linebacker to Kyle and Matt, so I got the ball 5-6 times. As long as we win I'm good. Winning is more important to me than getting the ball.

LGH#5 Thanks, I get names confused...old age setting in? You're absolutely right though it's all about teamwork and winning. You have a great attitude keep it up. I have favored Daniels as Qb since day one and feel he will pose a real threat on the option with both of you in the backfield. The Leps will be very fast around the corner and when the timing gets fine tuned on the pitch-outs look out 'cause yall will be gone! Daniels had several completions against Del Valle so he can throw the ball. Good luck next week against Johnston/Elgin in scrimmage #3.