PDA

View Full Version : Wharton vs Sealy

bc 76
08-19-2004, 11:25 PM
Just wondering if anybody saw this scrimmage tonight?

BU97
08-19-2004, 11:28 PM
1 units- Sealy 1 Wharton 0
2 units- 0-0

Game Style Wharton 13- Sealy 0

coiled2strike
08-20-2004, 08:39 AM
can we have a little more insight...strengths and weaknesses
or at least some thoughts on what went well or not so well with either/both teams...thanks

BU97
08-20-2004, 09:03 AM
You know what, now that I think about it, I think that Sealy scored their TD during the controlled scrimmage with the 2nd unit. It was a long swing pass catch and run by the RB.

Won't comment on us, but I thought that Sealy looked pretty good on both sides.

coiled2strike
08-20-2004, 10:49 AM
i know they lost andres(sp), the running back, but i'm not sure about others...they had a pretty solid o-line...i think they are picked to win their district...have you watched any of bellville, rice, or navasota that you could compare them to or even to last year's sealy team

LogieJoeBean001
08-20-2004, 02:13 PM
Sealy looked good. They have some really, really big boys.

fullhouse
08-20-2004, 02:54 PM
I think we scored on an interception ( first string ). Our score came in the controlled scrimmage, and Wharton's came in the live quarter. Their last score was the last play of the game when we threw a long pass to go for it and they intercepted and ran it in. I thought we looked pretty good too. As always is the case, we have some things to work on, but overall, I was very impressed with the Tigers. Good news is that neither team had any injuries. What about the Rattlers? Do y'all scrimmage tonight?

bc 76
08-20-2004, 06:35 PM
BU97 i have not seen Wharton play this year ,but i really like to see them run the spread offense like they do they the coaching staff has done a great job with the offense.The one thing i don't like is when they but alot of the big kids on defense and they have a hard time stopping the run.I know they have very good speed on the team would it not be better to go with smaller faster kids on defense.I have seen them play in the past and the db's are always good but man do they give up lots of yards on the run.Well good luck to the tigers.

coiled2strike
08-21-2004, 07:57 AM
the rattlers scrimmaged cleveland last night...reports were right on cleveland...they have some athletes...their running back was very quick and broke 3 big gains, 2 for td's during the scrimmage part...on was against #2's, but was still impressive...the rattler offense moved the ball well with the martin and smith duo...
our d was a little sloppy at times, but during the game situation the rattlers played very well...it was obvious that one team was stronger and in better shape than the other...overall it was a very physical scrimmage and both teams did well...i believe the final score was 4-2(22-13) although the rattlers tacked on a 30-35 fg as time expired...