PDA

View Full Version : Scrimmage Update: Bridgeport at Celina

slpybear the bullfan
08-19-2004, 10:28 PM
The Bulls struggled tonight in the first half of the scrimmage. The Offense definitely needs to continue working, especially on O-Line cohesivness. The Defense looked improved, but struggled to contain the Big Play.

Celina scored one time on a breakaway during the informal portion of the scrimmage.

Bridgeport failed to score and looked pretty rough on Offense.

Things got more interesting in the "Game" quarter.

Celina broke a long play early to take a 7-0 Lead. Bridgeport came back on a delayed handoff on 3rd and long and scored a touchdown, failing the PAT.

The teams then slugged it out back and forth. The Bulls D really picked it up, eventually forcing a 3 and out that gave the Bulls a first and 10 on their own 35.

Enter the passing game and a 65 yd td pass to #16...

Bulls "win" that portion of the scrimmage 13-7. I think winning a scrimmage is about like kissing your sister.

It was just a scrimmage and doesn't mean anything... but it did one very important thing...

...really started my Football jonesing!!!

Bring on the season and let's watch 'em, win or lose.

Good luck to all!

slpybear

ps - That is a VERY IMPRESSIVE stadium for a town of that size. A large 2A school with a RealTurf field? Impressive.

Gobbla2001
08-19-2004, 10:32 PM
Well, I've always believed that the "game-type" parts meant a 'little'... 20 plays in a row without a first down means nada...

Keith7
08-19-2004, 11:00 PM
Celina must have added the new field turf, the year after they move out of our district or did they get a new stadium? If yall remember, they made the field extra muddy when Gainesville came to town a few years ago ;) ... Bridgeport really needs to work on their pats.. they've always had trouble with those

HighSchool Fan
08-20-2004, 06:25 AM
Keith7, quit making excuses about the field in Celina. I was there also. The field wasn't all that bad. The reason G'ville lost that game was simple, Mark Copeland. As a soph. Purvey was better than Searcy, but Copeland wanted to play Searcy because he was a senoir. Copeland leaving was the best thing for G'ville.

VWG
08-20-2004, 06:36 AM
Is Bridgeport still running the spread offense?

Fletch
08-20-2004, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
Celina must have added the new field turf, the year after they move out of our district or did they get a new stadium? If yall remember, they made the field extra muddy when Gainesville came to town a few years ago ;) ... Bridgeport really needs to work on their pats.. they've always had trouble with those

Keith, the only extra moisture on the Celina field that night was the spit from the classless Gainesville players and coaches. Maybe that was why they got their butts beat!:D

HighSchool Fan
08-20-2004, 01:33 PM
Name one thing that G'ville did that showed a lack of class.

Keith7
08-20-2004, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by Fletch
Keith, the only extra moisture on the Celina field that night was the spit from the classless Gainesville players and coaches. Maybe that was why they got their butts beat!:D

I've heard that one a thousand times.. but we spit on every away field there just happened to be fans there 4 hours before the game that time

Rabbit'93
08-20-2004, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by Fletch
Are we gonna start this one up again?:rolleyes: I used to think the same thing about Gville until I saw them play Forney last year. I was very impressed with them to say the least.

Fletch
08-20-2004, 03:40 PM
The had a new coach and didn't do the spitting routine last year. And they showed class on several occasions. Their reward? State Champs.

jason
08-20-2004, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
I've heard that one a thousand times.. but we spit on every away field there just happened to be fans there 4 hours before the game that time did yall spit on the star at texas stadium?

mwynn05
08-20-2004, 04:03 PM
spitting on someones field like that is classless even if you do it every time your away

HighSchool Fan
08-20-2004, 04:40 PM
All you guys need to get over what happened 2 years ago. I'm sure every team has done something that someone else says is a classless act. Grow up and get over it.

jason
08-20-2004, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
All you guys need to get over what happened 2 years ago. I'm sure every team has done something that someone else says is a classless act. Grow up and get over it. nope, just yall

HighSchool Fan
08-20-2004, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by jason
nope, just yall

You are the one asking about the star at Texas Stadium. What does it matter? It is in the past. Grow up and get over it.

Keith7
08-20-2004, 06:08 PM
I didn't play last year so i have no clue what went on when nobody saw.. so i couldnt tell u if they spit on the star, but prolly not, the leopards love the cowboys... But besides that i could count numerous teams that would spit on our 375 sign in centerfield before baseball games, but i dont dwell on it.. I look at it as a way to get a team pumped up, and if i ever become a coach, my team is gonna do more then just spit on it :devil: