PDA

View Full Version : Shipley torn ACL - out for season

Horseymen
08-19-2004, 02:31 PM
Tore his ACL in morning practice.. Tragic loss for UT -- rumor has it dad left school early to go be with him.

When news breaks, we're there.

mwynn05
08-19-2004, 02:46 PM
thats not a good situation hes got a long road ahead of him with surgery and rehab

Phil C
08-19-2004, 02:50 PM
That is a tragedy. Can he be redshirted this year or is it too late? Of course depending on the seriousness of the injury it might be better to give up football. It is a shame.

CheerMom
08-19-2004, 02:57 PM
Sorry to hear that. It's tough to go out with an injury like that and lose out on a whole season. But, he'll have plenty of games in his future.

mwynn05
08-19-2004, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by CheerMom
Sorry to hear that. It's tough to go out with an injury like that and lose out on a whole season. But, he'll have plenty of games in his future. thats whats so bad about it cheer mom at a school like texas if you get hurt and cant play as a freshman you get forgotten some times and im doubt he will be 100% come spring,which will make it tough for him with all of the competition he has

BrahmaMom
08-19-2004, 03:22 PM
He hasn't hit the field yet in a game, he can get a medical red-shirt or take a regular red shirt year and save the medical. That is painful and tragic, but he can and probably will come back from the injury. My heart breaks for him, I know how hard it hit us my son's senior year. After a redshirt year in college, he'll be playing this year. My heart goes out to Jordan and I admire and respect his dad for immediately leaving to go be with him--he needs him right now. Praying for a successful surgery and speedy recovery for him, and for the determination and drive to get through a very diffiuclt rehab. I can't imagine starting college and going through this at the same time. As to getting forgotten at UT, I hope not for the team's sake--he's too talented to be short-sighted. God Bless.

Rabbit'93
08-19-2004, 03:23 PM
I don't think someone of Shipley's caliber will be forgotten. He young and can bounce back well. Yes he can be red shirted. It is sad that this has happened but better now than later in his college career.

AggieJohn
08-19-2004, 03:28 PM
that's huge...wow

jason
08-19-2004, 03:32 PM
wow, thats too bad

Hupernikomen
08-19-2004, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Rabbit'93
I don't think someone of Shipley's caliber will be forgotten. He young and can bounce back well. Yes he can be red shirted. It is sad that this has happened but better now than later in his college career.

Well nearly all those guys at UT are of that caliber. Sneed and those other guys that came in with him are super studs as well.

mwynn05
08-19-2004, 03:35 PM
exactly everyone is all everythign in hs when you play at UT

JasperDog94
08-19-2004, 04:10 PM
Strange that it's not on the Texas Football home page...

tap_tx_sinton
08-21-2004, 10:27 AM
Yeah sorry to hear that. Was looking forward to see him grow with the team. When he played against us that game in Corpus, he was something to watch, poor guy played dang near the whole game. By the end of the fourth he was hurting. Wish you all the luck guys and a good safe season.............

Keith7
08-21-2004, 10:58 PM
tap_tx_sinton, i like your signature.. thats creative

sinton66
08-21-2004, 11:20 PM
I was really looking forward to seeing him hook up with Young. Guess we'll have to wait until next year. Here's wishing Jordan a speedy and complete recovery.