PDA

View Full Version : Burnet folk/Longhorn fans

Chris Hart
08-19-2004, 12:29 PM
I just saw a report on another board, that Jordan Shipley tore his ACL in this morning's practice. Can anyone confirm this? I hope it's not true, that would be terrible, he was doing great things in practice.:(

KTJ
08-19-2004, 12:37 PM
I've looked all over (various websites I post to and get updates from) and I can't find anything.

I'll keep looking though Chris.

Phil C
08-19-2004, 01:23 PM
I hope it isn't true. If it is can they still red shirt him?

JasperDog94
08-19-2004, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
I hope it isn't true. If it is can they still red shirt him? He hasn't played a down yet has he?

JasperDog94
08-19-2004, 01:32 PM
I got this from MackBrown-texasfootball.com

8/19/04

Tracking Mack: Day 10

On the receivers:
Tony Jeffery and Brain Carter are the older guys and the other guys are coming on. Tony and Brian need to do a great job on leadership, because there is so much youth around them, and if it's not youth, it's inexperience. So those two guys are key for us. They are the only two guys that have walked out on the field at Memorial Stadium for a ball game. It's key for them to be out there first.

Jordan Shipley has done some good things for us, Limas Sweed's coming fast and Eric Enard is doing a good job.

No mention of Shipley being injured.:D :clap: :clap:

Chris Hart
08-19-2004, 01:55 PM
Hopefully it was just a rumor. I saw it on the TexasPrepExtra-Central Texas board. No one has confirmed it over there either. If it's true, they can still red-shirt him, but I think he was expected to see some playing time this fall.

AggieJohn
08-19-2004, 03:50 PM
so is it true..

help out Burnet Folk

BIG19
08-19-2004, 05:26 PM
This is what the AAS is running.....

LONGHORN FOOTBALL
Longhorns' Shipley injures knee
Extent of injury to former Burnet Star is unknown
AdvertisementAMERICAN-STATESMAN STAFF

Thursday, August 19, 2004

University of Texas freshman receiver Jordan Shipley injured a knee this morning, but the extent of the injury is unknown.

Team trainers are evaluating Shipley's right knee this afternoon, said team spokesman John Bianco.

Shipley's father, Bob Shipley, earlier had said his son injured his left knee. He declined to describe the nature or seriousness of the injury.

The injury came on the last play of this morning's practice and did not involve contact with another player.

Bandera YaYa
08-19-2004, 11:05 PM
Gee, I hope it's not too bad of an injury. He seems like a really neat kid and I wish him all the best! Please report any more news of him, on here.Thanks!

KTJ
08-20-2004, 12:14 AM
Reports I'm hearing say that Bob is "optimistic" about the MRI results.

Dunno what that means...

Chris Hart
08-20-2004, 12:53 AM
He was at the evening practice with a brace on his knee, and sporting crutches. I hope the MRI comes back negative.

Chief Woodman
08-20-2004, 09:12 AM
Thats too bad for the young man. Best wishes to a speedy and full recovery.

lv2937
08-20-2004, 12:54 PM
the statesman web sit said that he did tear his acl. test should be ran today(FRIDAY) hope it,s not ture.