PDA

View Full Version : #underrated Bellville Brahmas

BellvilleDude
06-26-2002, 09:50 PM
yeah go read the summary for bellville in Daves football book

Matthew328
06-26-2002, 10:00 PM
I also think Bellville will still be tough...I had a really tough time leaving them outta my top 20..but I just couldn't find anyone to bounce out...3A is extremely balanced this year....

SintonFan
06-26-2002, 10:45 PM
This is one person who has seen your team and yall will rock Reg. 3! I think your team has a great shot at the regional title. Good luck and hopefully I'll get to see yall again in December. That's if my team is there, too. I'm optimistic about both.

Specklebelly
06-26-2002, 11:16 PM
Bellville should have a really good year. Im really looking forward to seeing them back in the same district with Sealy and Columbus. There is no love lost between those three schools and they have had some great matchups in the past. I feel like Sealy is even more underrated than Bellville though. I like the Tigers winning that district.

[This message has been edited by Specklebelly (edited June 26, 2002).]

rwhite
06-26-2002, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by Specklebelly:
Bellville should have a really good year. Im really looking forward to seeing them back in the same district with Sealy and Columbus. There is no love lost between those three schools and they have had some great matchups in the past. I feel like Sealy is even more underrated than Bellville though. I like the Tigers winning that district.

[This message has been edited by Specklebelly (edited June 26, 2002).]

I think Bellville is underrated more than Sealy. Bellville returning 5-5 starters from the team that upset Sealy in week 0 last year. I know last year means nothing but its just a thought. But I will say we are both underrated but Bellville is looking like a higher quality team if you ask me. But all quistons will be answered in week 10, see ya there.

[This message has been edited by rwhite (edited June 26, 2002).]

Chris Hart
06-26-2002, 11:41 PM
You Bellville boys had better be glad you are in region 3 now and don't have to face the Burnet Bulldogs again.I wish yall would make it to the semis because we will be there, But my brother Will (The Thrill)Byerly #40 plays linebacker for Jasper and said yall don't stand a chance against them and he said he is going to be stuck on yall like GLUE if yall even make it to play them.

Go Burnet Bulldogs & Jasper Bulldogs

rwhite
06-27-2002, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by Chris Hart:
You Bellville boys had better be glad you are in region 3 now and don't have to face the Burnet Bulldogs again.I wish yall would make it to the semis because we will be there, But my brother Will (The Thrill)Byerly #40 plays linebacker for Jasper and said yall don't stand a chance against them and he said he is going to be stuck on yall like GLUE if yall even make it to play them.

Alright Chris, you can think what you want but us Bellville boys are sad to get out of Region 4 because we might as well of had a first round bye their since we would of most likely of played yall. And I think your brother "thrill" needs to be more concerned with other things then "sticking on Bellville like glue". If Jasper makes it far enough to play us, Bellville wont back down you can count on it Chris. And after that if Burnet can get past Sinton (which is a long shot) they will go down to us. Burnet will be luckey too get out of the second round, and I dont care what yall excusses will be this time around either.

[This message has been edited by rwhite (edited June 27, 2002).]

sinton66
06-27-2002, 11:29 AM
Bellville will be very tough in R3. I've seen 'em too, and was suitably impressed!

football king
06-27-2002, 01:48 PM
WHERE DID TJ HOUSTON GO THE TIGHTEND HE WAS GOOD

rwhite
06-27-2002, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by football king:
WHERE DID TJ HOUSTON GO THE TIGHTEND HE WAS GOOD

TJ went to Tyler JC along with running back Craig Harris

BellvilleDude
06-27-2002, 03:33 PM
Mr. Houston could of gone to the Houston Cougers but didnt not have the grades

therealbulldogs
06-27-2002, 05:22 PM
The 2 games Houston played against us I didn't think that he was very good at all. I thought that there was a lot of guys for Bellville that were better than him.

bigman33
06-29-2002, 11:43 PM
Is Jordan Shoquist working out and getting ready for UTEP? He better be and thats all I am going to say.

QBKilla
06-30-2002, 12:13 AM
I saw some film on the Houston kid and it looked like he could play some ball.

[This message has been edited by QBKilla (edited June 30, 2002).]

QBKilla
06-30-2002, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by Chris Hart:

Geez, i think you just placed a pretty big target on your bros chest. Hope he doesn't get too many cheap shots.

BellvilleDude
06-30-2002, 10:42 AM
yes jordan has been working out,getting real big

bohemian
06-30-2002, 11:07 AM
I tell you what's sad, the three top players from district 25 3A are not playing college ball. The Offensive MVP, the best lineman and the CO-MVP Defensive Player of the Year in 3A are just going to be students. There's no doubt the three could help any program out.

QBKilla
06-30-2002, 11:31 AM
We know how that goes. 22-3A's MVP and Defensive MVP didn't sign anywhere. The MVP was a real gamer and could of mixed it up with the best of them.

bohemian
06-30-2002, 12:04 PM
Hey QBKilla, who were those two players? Did they make any all state teams? I don't understand it, I see a lot of players with less talent siging and such talented players not sign. Can anyone respond to this?

gdornon11
06-30-2002, 02:08 PM
alright chris, again you have something to say about bellville. and why dont you tell "the thrill"(haha) to be ready.

QBKilla
06-30-2002, 02:26 PM
The MVP was Thurman Blake and Defensive MVP was Brian Martin. Both were excellent athletes. I guess the just weren't big enough and didn't come out of the right school. The MVP benched 300+ and squated over 500. I would think that, along with 4.4 speed would land him a scholarship somewhere. Oh and Blake was an All State RB.

toby070
06-30-2002, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Bohemian:
I tell you what's sad, the three top players from district 25 3A are not playing college ball. The Offensive MVP, the best lineman and the CO-MVP Defensive Player of the Year in 3A are just going to be students. There's no doubt the three could help any program out.

Hey Bohemian, long time! After seeing Josh play, I'm still shocked that no one will give him a shot. FYI, Brent went to Tech, but he has to walk on his first year, and Mikey had as good a year in baseball as he did in football, and he's still looking. I guess I don't know as much about football talent, at least on the college level, as I thought, because those three guys look to me like they have the tools and the heart to get a scholarship somewhere!

bohemian
06-30-2002, 02:37 PM
Hey QBKilla, what were their sizes? The top 3 from 25 3A were from LaGrange. They should have gotten more press since they were state champs in 2000 and runner ups last season. Those boys played in 32 games in 2 years. Not many players can say that!

bohemian
06-30-2002, 02:44 PM
Hey Toby070,

I heard that Brent went to Tech. I thought he had signed. Why didn't he sign? I'v seen the two linebackers from Bay City play and I tell you what, Josh and Brent were just as good or better. I can say that if those two lined up together it would be special. Josh had his offers, but it just wasn't want he wanted. I would like for him to try in the future but that is his decision. Are you ready for the season? I thought I wouldn't be fired up, but god, I can't get HS football out of my blood! It's got to be the greatest sport out there!

bigman33
07-01-2002, 12:01 AM
Thats good to hear that Jordan is working out.

bigman33
07-01-2002, 12:09 AM
Sorry guys, not to rip Bellville, but your 29 defense with stand up ends can not stop Newton's offense, sorry guys, yall can not. Yall have not played a team like that ever. Newton, had one of the best teams in the state and would have won state, if Giddings would have not upset them. Region 3 is by far the toughest region in the state now with Jasper and do not care what yall say. Bellville, until yall play a team like Newton or Jasper, you will never understand what I am talking about. Also, if you say Sealy was a team like that last year, Newton beat Sealy pretty darn good last year in the playoffs.

toby070
07-01-2002, 08:39 AM
Bohemian, I think they want to redshirt him, and might be able to offer him a scholarship next year. He's pretty excited. He told me they are moving him to safety, which should work out good for him.

bigcat8
07-01-2002, 11:36 AM
I heard that Bellville lost some key players to graduation. How good was their JV and 9th grade teams????

duckbutter
07-01-2002, 04:08 PM
Bigman 33, Newton did not beat Sealy "pretty darn good" last yr. We beat them on a last second pass over the middle and they couldn't catch our back. In my opinon Sealy was the best team that Newton faced in the playoffs including Giddings who beat us. If Sealy returns a team like they had last yr. region 3 had better watch out.

QBKilla
07-01-2002, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by Bohemian:
Hey QBKilla, what were their sizes? The top 3 from 25 3A were from LaGrange. They should have gotten more press since they were state champs in 2000 and runner ups last season. Those boys played in 32 games in 2 years. Not many players can say that!
Blake was 5'9" and 200 lbs and Brian Martin was 6' 190lbs. I know both are kind of small but you cant argue with their talent or athleticism. And yes that is a pretty amazing feat(16 games in 2 yrs). They both went 30-0 in the regular season, but I'm sure you already are aware that they were knocked out 3, 2, and 2 deep each year. You're right, being state champs and then runner-ups should get you some publicity. I guess it just makes you think.

BellvilleDude
07-01-2002, 10:10 PM
i though josh c.(la grange) was going to TCU cause i talked to him a couple times at powerlifting and track

BellvilleDude
07-01-2002, 10:15 PM
freshmen were 9-1 and jv was 4-5

SintonFan
07-01-2002, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by bigman33:
Sorry guys, not to rip Bellville, but your 29 defense with stand up ends can not stop Newton's offense, sorry guys, yall can not. Yall have not played a team like that ever. Newton, had one of the best teams in the state and would have won state, if Giddings would have not upset them. Region 3 is by far the toughest region in the state now with Jasper and do not care what yall say. Bellville, until yall play a team like Newton or Jasper, you will never understand what I am talking about. Also, if you say Sealy was a team like that last year, Newton beat Sealy pretty darn good last year in the playoffs.
bigman33, does playing Sinton last year qualify as anything in your book? If their (Bellville's) defense is close to last years, then you might be in for a suprise. I agree that reg.3's stock is up this year and there is alot of good teams, but your just adding fuel to their fire. Your statement that they haven't played anybody like Newton or Jasper is a slap in the face of all their foes from the past! One more thing, one team does not make a region. Jasper's entry into 3A region 3 ultimately only affects Div. 1 in the playoffs, not the whole region. This is just my humble opinion.

BellvilleDude
07-01-2002, 11:08 PM
thanks to all the sinton fans for all the support they have gave us

sinton66
07-02-2002, 08:20 AM
I agree, SintonFan, Bellville played some tough teams last year like La Grange and Sinton, and Burnet. Bellville will not be anybody's whipping boy this year!

bigcat8
07-02-2002, 11:57 AM
Does Coach Cerny still coach football at Bellville or is just in baseball now??
Originally posted by BellvilleDude:
yeah go read the summary for bellville in Daves football book

rwhite
07-02-2002, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by bigcat8:
Does Coach Cerny still coach football at Bellville or is just in baseball now??

Cerny was the freshmen coach this year and I'm pretty sure we will stay at that. Thats a real good place for him since he really knows what he's talking about. Great coach.

GUNN30
07-05-2002, 08:39 PM
I heard that Bellville lost some key players to graduation. How good was their JV and 9th grade teams????

jv didn't do so well they went 6-4 while the freshmen went 9-1 lost to yoakum.

GUNN30
07-07-2002, 12:38 PM
bigman33 who r u? How do u know who i am?

grell7
07-07-2002, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by GUNN30:
jv didn't do so well they went 6-4 while the freshmen went 9-1 lost to yoakum.

hey gunn, the jv was 4-5.

sammy
07-07-2002, 08:06 PM
duckbutter!
Sealy's big # 50 did a great job controlling Ken Scott in the Newton/Sealy game! He's the best lineman I've seen in 3A. I've never seen anyone handle Newton's defense like that before. That was a great game!

bigman33
07-10-2002, 10:41 PM
Hey, Gunn, lets just say we will be seeing a lot of each other the next few years. I come on here talking trash, b/c I love starting stuff. I do not mean anything by it. Sinton, Newton, Sealy, Bellvill, LG, and everybody else had great ball clubs. But, Gunn, I will be seeing you Aug. 4th.

bigman33
07-10-2002, 10:46 PM
By the way, make the Smithville dude, who is on the Elgin bandwagon, to shut his trap. If he is a Wildcat fan, so be it. But, as long as his GED education is on this board, it makes all of us look bad.

LG_DB
07-16-2002, 12:29 AM

Bellvilles JV played La Grange twice due to some other teams not having JV teams and LG beat them both times

BellvilleDude
07-16-2002, 09:59 AM
hey we already went over that, go to La Grange #3 or something like that