PDA

View Full Version : GP/Cuero Meet n Greet?

District303aPastPlayer
08-18-2004, 06:49 PM
is anyone up for a meet... let me know... ill be off of work early that day...-aaron

SintonFan
08-18-2004, 06:52 PM
That would be a fun one to be at. The game is 7 ish? Interesting...

Gobbla2001
08-18-2004, 06:52 PM
I dunno...

I'm still deciding if I'm going...

Currently:

Not Going - 90%
Going - 10%

G-P King
08-18-2004, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
I dunno...

I'm still deciding if I'm going...

Currently:

Not Going - 90%
Going - 10% What the .... ! Go gobbla you already got a ride!

Gobbla2001
08-18-2004, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by G-P King
What the .... ! Go gobbla you already got a ride!

Yah, Old Green offered me a ride when I said I didn't feel like driving to Corpus, but that's not the reason, cuz I'd jump on that in a heart-beat...

Gotta go to San Marcos either Friday Night or early Sat. Morning...

District303aPastPlayer
08-18-2004, 08:38 PM
early saturday morning.... or drive up after the scrimmage on friday night.... it will probably be about 10 or 11 when you get back to Cuero...

Old Green
08-19-2004, 04:52 PM
You going Aaron? If you are, I'll be glad to see you again.:)

Gobbla2001
08-19-2004, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by Old Green

I'll know by later on tonight... or maybe even sooner...

Old Green
08-19-2004, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
I'll know by later on tonight... or maybe even sooner...
Sounds good.:D

District303aPastPlayer
08-19-2004, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by Old Green
I have to go to a mandatory meeting for HEB Softball, then I will be on my way to GP for the Scrimmage... I'll look for all of you, just tell me where... I should be on the Cuero side in my Sinton or Tuloso Midway Gear... not sure yet :D

Gobbla2001
08-19-2004, 10:41 PM
NO... Wear Sinton stuff...

I'll be in my.... work clothes...

G-P King
08-20-2004, 10:13 AM
I will be in cargo shorts and sandals. I will look for yall at the end to see what yall think!

District303aPastPlayer
08-20-2004, 02:31 PM
so do we have a set meeting place? GP King, lemme know...

G-P King
08-20-2004, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
so do we have a set meeting place? GP King, lemme know... After the scrimmage lets meet at the fence between home and visitor side!

District303aPastPlayer
08-20-2004, 04:44 PM
there is only one fence right?

Phil C
08-20-2004, 04:47 PM
Hey G-P King I can't make the scrimmage tonight but maybe we can meet at the G-P vs Sinton game in two weeks. I will be wearing my black San Antonio Spurs' cap as usual.

G-P King
08-20-2004, 05:37 PM
I'll see if G-P 83 can make it also!

G-P King
08-20-2004, 09:47 PM
Well it was a great scrimmage. Alot of positive stuff got done. G-P 1st teamers won 1-0. The scrimage was 1-1 all together. The meet was awsome Gobla and Old green are good people and I enjoyed the conversation. 3apastplaya was there also and I will meet him later when G-P kills sinton. Cuero secondary is fast!

SintonFan
08-20-2004, 09:51 PM
I wanted to go but didn't get off work until after 8:00 tonight.
GP will kill Sinton, huh?:D

G-P King
08-20-2004, 10:05 PM
GPWildcat's take:

GP played Cuero in their 2nd and last scrimmage before the season kicks off, and both the 1st team offense and the defense were firing on all cylinders. QB Jordan Anthony still can't buy a catch from any of his receivers, however. In my opinion, Anthony and the receivers need to work together more so that Anthony develops the trust needed to throw direct strikes to them. The defense was strong all game, even intercepting a few Gobbler passes.

2nd String has a lot of work to do, and GP does not look very deep this year. Hopefully the Cats can stay healthy all year but it looks like we are in trouble if we can't.

I would also like to take the time to thank the Cuero Gobbler coaching staff for allowing me to interview a very special young man named Jordan Hart. Jordan broke his neck in his freshman year of high school. He is now in his senior year, and although he is not playing, is walking once again. When asked what his expectations for the Gobblers were this year, Jordan responded "We could be number 1!"

Jordan also suffered brain damage in the accident. However, he said one thing that really made a lot of sense and made me look at everything in a different perspective. I asked him "Where is Cuero?" He responded, "Cuero's here on the sidelines, on the field, and up in the stands." He was right. The heart of Cuero was there in Wildcat Stadium, and the heart is what counts. I wish Jordan well in everything he does, and overcoming such an injury and being able to walk again takes a lot of character. He is destined for great things.

Gp83's take:

GP JV-5
Cuero JV-0

GP Varsity-1
Cuero Var-0

Gp scored it's only touchdown on a long pass play in the end zone on it's second set of 15 plays. Gp held Cuero's 1st team offense on it's second set of 15 plays. In game situation, Cuero made it to Gp's 35 yard line and couldn't convert 4th and 3. Gp took the ball all the way to the Cuero's 16 yard line and fumbled the snap on 4th and 1. Cuero got the ball back and chunked a pass down field to a wide open receiver to Gp's 40. About 2 plays later, Gp intercepted the ball and Gp's Connell Davis on the next play ran it to the 50 where time ran out. Overall, Gp looked sharp and is ready. Cuero's star RB got knocked out, most likely for the year, on the first play from scrimmage. Cuero's defense looked good but their offense needs a little more work. It was a great scrimmage and Cuero's QB was good. They will go far.

G-P kings take:
I feel like both the above hit it on the nose on the takes. that was a touching interview with jordan. Love to hear good stories like that! I would like to see a game come of this scrimage in the future. All in all it was a good night! Hope yall Cuero peps made it home alright.

SintonFan
08-20-2004, 10:33 PM
You JV dominated Cuero's JV? It looks like you might have some depth pretty darn soon GP King.

Gobbla2001
08-20-2004, 11:12 PM
Well, I made it home...

I'm still waiting on news about latrael... he got knocked pretty hard down low is all I saw, he was on the ground for about five seconds and then jumped back up before running to one of the coaches (well, hopping maybe?) Then he went on the ground and was worked on for about five or so minutes while the scrimmage went on... He was helped to the sideline and put a tad of pressure on that left leg here and there but drug it most of the way... He stayed on the bench for the whole scrimmage so we're keeping our fingers crossed and maybe he'll be ready to go sometime soon... If not? He's back next year ha...

Our QB really impressed me tonight, though he couldn't get 'too' much done against a very tough GP defense...

We DO have the players to step up and take Cooper's spot if he is out the whole season and I have to say that it's good that Cuero now has a passing game...

Our secondary did play well... I told D303APastPlayer last night on messenger that I felt GP's o-line would get a push against our dline and get Davis out of the gate but our secondary would slow him down after that... Thank goodness I was right (And BTW, early on, that WAS an INT, D303APastPlayer was neutral and says it was, it happened right infront of us, not saying 'shoulda' but just incase y'all were wondering...)

GP Should be on a pretty good roll come playoff time and their defense was VERY stout...

Offensively Davis is a horse, he's going to be pounding the defenses that the Wildcats face every night, which should also open up a pretty good passing game which I feel will only get better as the season progresses...

Nice meeting with all of you guys...

Have a good season!

SintonFan
08-21-2004, 02:17 AM
Well it was a great scrimmage. Alot of positive stuff got done. G-P 1st teamers won 1-0. The scrimage was 1-1 all together. The meet was awsome Gobla and Old green are good people and I enjoyed the conversation. 3apastplaya was there also and I will meet him later when G-P kills sinton. Cuero secondary is fast!
I don't agree with "when G-P kills sinton."
Would it
KILL you to actually capitalize the "S" in Sinton? :thinking:
You did so for Cuero several times in other posts...:doh:

Old Green
08-21-2004, 05:44 AM
I enjoyed talking to you guys.

I knew this was going to be a slobberknocker. There was some serious hitting going on out there. Connell Davis is a stud once he gets ahead of steam going and the pursuit of the GP defense was great. I don't think in my 30 years of following Gp football that I have see that much speed on a wildcat team.

G-P King
08-21-2004, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
You JV dominated Cuero's JV? It looks like you might have some depth pretty darn soon GP King. Our 8th grade is the next team that will be dominant! Those boys are animals!

G-P King
08-21-2004, 10:16 AM
Keep us up dated on that RB's status! I hope he is ok!

footballgal
08-21-2004, 10:35 AM
Well it was a great scrimmage. Alot of positive stuff got done. G-P 1st teamers won 1-0. ...

ahhh... G-P king did you just contradict yourself (previous thread) ???:o

I know, I know, what you meant!;)

crabman
08-21-2004, 12:30 PM
Preliminary report on Cooper is that he tore a ligament on the outside of his left knee from a helmet directly to the knee. No internal ligament damaged. This was the word last night. The ligament that is torn is not one that they operate on. He will just let it heal and start rehab. Minimum six weeks. That would get him back in time for district. In the meantime, the tailback duties will be shared between Fabian Olguin, Bradley Bomba, and Dewone Williams. All of them are small and quick scat back type of runners. Different styles, same results, hopefully.

I will let ya'll know if I hear anything today on Coop.

Old Green
08-21-2004, 04:39 PM
Thanks for the update on Cooper Crabman.

Pudlugger
08-21-2004, 06:25 PM
This is tough news for everyone. A lateral ligament injury is not as severe as an ACL and Cooper will be back in 6 weeks. That is good news for everyone.

La Grange is heading for a collision with the Gobblers on September 3rd. No doubt those turkeys will reload and be laying for the LEPS. Cooper or no Cooper the Cuero Gobblers are one tough bunch of guys and the Leps better get their stuff together 'cause the Gobblers will be ready.