PDA

View Full Version : Pre-game rituals/superstitions

spiveyrat
08-18-2004, 11:35 AM
What do (or did) you do the same before each game?

Article (http://www.southeasttexaslive.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=12720901&BRD=2287&PAG=461&dept_id=512556&rfi=6)

District303aPastPlayer
08-18-2004, 11:48 AM
If you have ever been in Pirate Stadium really early . . . you know that the players go out in waves... backs and recievers, and deep snappers and QBs... well... right before I used to go out with the deep snappers... i would go to the same spot on home games, behind the field house... and i would toss my cookies.... (bein nice)... i would do the same thing at away games... always had to find a spot... i guess it was nerves :-\.... also... i would sit in my locker, turn on some music... and just zone out...

Titans
08-18-2004, 12:08 PM
Before every game, we take our players out and stretch, run some agility, do a little passing, punting, blocking drills along with tackling drills.

Personally - I put in a HUGE dip of Copenhagen. That's about as ritual as I'm gonna get...LOL!

JasperDog94
08-18-2004, 01:56 PM
Wow! That guy must have a huge amout of time on his hands to watch Braveheart and Gladiator before the game.

spiveyrat
08-19-2004, 07:14 AM
I sure thought I'd get more responses on this thread... ahem BBDE, TigerWR...

RBARKER
08-19-2004, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
If you have ever been in Pirate Stadium really early . . . you know that the players go out in waves... backs and recievers, and deep snappers and QBs... well... right before I used to go out with the deep snappers... i would go to the same spot on home games, behind the field house... and i would toss my cookies.... (bein nice)... i would do the same thing at away games... always had to find a spot... i guess it was nerves :-\.... also... i would sit in my locker, turn on some music... and just zone out...

This reminded me of a guy that played for BH. I can't remember his name, but at every game during the National Anthem while all the players were lined up with their hands on their hearts this guy would throw up. It was hilarious every one in the stands would be watching him during the rasing of the flag. He wold do this every game.

SintonFan
08-20-2004, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Wow! That guy must have a huge amout of time on his hands to watch Braveheart and Gladiator before the game.
:D
Umm, that's the popular version for "The Replacements" or "The Program?"
:thinking:
They must take that football serious!:eek: :p

rhino33
08-20-2004, 11:41 PM
i sit and pray, listen to my pregame cd, that i made, until we have a team meeting, then go in the locker room, everyone gathers up in a certain part of the locker room, then we listen to in the air tonight by phil collins, during the song i go around and have everyone rub my head because i have fuzz for hair so we rub it for luck, then we get on the bus and go to the game and do our warmup

X21AAAPlayer
08-21-2004, 12:57 AM
In 02 we had a dried out mango we all passed around and touched for good luck... I never was one to get pumped up by music.... the pump music gave me always left me during the opening kick off, then nervousness set in until I made that first hit.