PDA

View Full Version : hey brahmamom

coiled2strike
08-18-2004, 11:27 AM
how did the bellville/brenham scrimmage go...i didn't get to come over and watch it this year...we aren't playing brenham week 0 this year...how are your boys looking...i've heard some good things about the qb/rb combos...

BrahmaMom
08-18-2004, 04:41 PM
You heard right about our QB/RB combos. I wasn't there for the whole scrimmage with Brenham, but I was impressed with what I saw. We knew our offense would be our strength, but boy, they were VERY impressive. What I was pleased with was our defense. Don't sell Bellville short this year. I don't want to show our hand, but I am very proud of the Brahmas this year. They want it, they've tasted it, and they are gonna work hard to get there again. I know y'all will give us a fight, and it will be a good one, I don't think I'll be there for that game (gotta watch the Owls, you know, and I go in to Houston Friday night or will be travelling that day), but I can't let go of high school football. Plus, I've got an 8th grader playing on Thursdays. Good luck, ya'll should have a fun season this year. Stay safe.

Chris Hart
08-18-2004, 05:19 PM
Hey BrahmaMom, will big G. be starting for the Owls this year?

BrahmaMom
08-18-2004, 06:59 PM
He is second string after a redshirt year in a system that rotates LB's alot to keep them fresh, so should see quite a bit of playing time. He is playing weakside, but they are rotating to be ready for both positions. He is having a blast, loves being back on the field. The knee feels good, he worked out with Dexter Manley (sp?) this summer and built skills, feels faster than ever. He had a very good spring season. It will be fun to see the two from Bellville on the field together again. That intensity is awesome. Hope you get to see some of the games; we'll be competitive this year, so it will be fun. Cheer for him, and thanks for asking, by the way he's up to 232 lbs so he is big.