PDA

View Full Version : More troubles for Wilmer-Hutchins ISD

GoDeep
08-17-2004, 07:08 PM
Turns out, the workers that they hired to get the HS up to code were illegal. You'd think they'd be on their best behavior while they're in the spotlight.

Gobbla2001
08-17-2004, 07:12 PM
Not questioning your credibility here...

But I would like to know 'how' they were 'illegal'?

rhino33
08-17-2004, 07:16 PM
same here gobbla2001

3afan2K3
08-17-2004, 07:17 PM
Probably illegal aliens.

Gobbla2001
08-17-2004, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by 3afan2K3
Probably illegal aliens.

Wouldn't you think their first hint would be after asking these IA's a question?

Like if the question was "Okay, now what is your name?"

"Iiiiii, NO:confused: !"

rhino33
08-17-2004, 07:25 PM
i personally want the problems to continue untill the day or 2 after this thursday. hehe

GoDeep
08-17-2004, 07:25 PM
3a2kFan hit the nail. I saw it on the news via Direct TV(Ive got DFW channels in my package). The Fox news affiliate up there is the one who exposed the problems at WHHS initially. Otherwise, nothing would have been done at all. So, they decided to follow up on it (must be Sweeps week or something) and turns out that none of them had social security cards, except for 3 of them....and all 3 used the same card. They also made great effort to point out that WHISD personally hired them, they werent referred by another agency.

Gobbla2001
08-17-2004, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by GoDeep
3a2kFan hit the nail. I saw it on the news via Direct TV(Ive got DFW channels in my package). The Fox news affiliate up there is the one who exposed the problems at WHHS initially. Otherwise, nothing would have been done at all. So, they decided to follow up on it (must be Sweeps week or something) and turns out that none of them had social security cards, except for 3 of them....and all 3 used the same card. They also made great effort to point out that WHISD personally hired them, they werent referred by another agency.

DANG...

From all of the bad things I've heard about this school, I have come to the conclusion that this school district is CURSED...

I think they just need to.... burn it down or do something...

GoDeep
08-17-2004, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Wouldn't you think their first hint would be after asking these IA's a question?

Like if the question was "Okay, now what is your name?"

"Iiiiii, NO:confused: !"

Well, Im gonna guess that they knew it when they hired them. Hard to miss that big blank space in the "social security number" field.
It was reported that they were working for $60 a day. Find me a crew of "legal" workers who will do that work for that price. My guess is WHISD knew exactly what they were doing. Probably short on money from all the embezzling that goes on there. There's been a long running joke that WHISD does all their financial books in pencil (easy to erase).

Gobbla2001
08-17-2004, 07:32 PM
Well, Im gonna guess that they knew it when they hired them. Hard to miss that big blank space in the "social security number" field.
It was reported that they were working for $60 a day. Find me a crew of "legal" workers who will do that work for that price. My guess is WHISD knew exactly what they were doing. Probably short on money from all the embezzling that goes on there. There's been a long running joke that WHISD does all their financial books in pencil (easy to erase).

Dang...

Send in the B-52's and blow this place up...

I feel sorry for the person(s) that this place was named after (or their existing famiily members)...

GoDeep
08-17-2004, 07:35 PM
DANG...

From all of the bad things I've heard about this school, I have come to the conclusion that this school district is CURSED...

I think they just need to.... burn it down or do something...

Not cursed, just bad leadership. Apparently, the people of the two towns arent smart enough to change it. I had a buddy who coached DBs there a few years ago, and he's told me some horror stories.
At one time, Dallas ISD was going to take it over, but decided they didnt want the headache. Then, the state was just gonna shut it down and send the kids to Ferris, Dallas, Seagovile, and Lancaster, but that never materialized. It might now, though.

rhino33
08-17-2004, 07:36 PM
next thing u know their football team, loses their equipment because rats eat them or something...

mwynn05
08-17-2004, 08:44 PM
Dang...

Send in the B-52's and blow this place up...

I feel sorry for the person(s) that this place was named after (or their existing famiily members)... its not named after a person its 2 towns about 5 or 6 miles outside of dallas on I-45

Green Ranger
08-17-2004, 10:09 PM
I wish all their problems be taken care of in a fast and safe manner. In regards to football, I can tell you from first hand experience, these situations only made the team stronger as the looked really polished this past Saturday and unless the close down their fieldhouse and stadium they are going to be a force to be reckoned with.

GoDeep
08-17-2004, 10:11 PM
Green, are you sure we're talking about the same team? Polished is a word Ive never heard used to describe WH, and it sure is a long way from Midland to Wilmer.

mwynn05
08-17-2004, 10:47 PM
sure is a long way

Green Ranger
08-17-2004, 10:52 PM
I am no longer at Greenwood, made a move to the Fort Worth area. Saw them in action this past Saturday, really big and fast. QB seemed like a young man who knew what he was doing and looked comfortable doing so.

mwynn05
08-17-2004, 10:53 PM
i get the impression that school district is a DISASTER

GoDeep
08-17-2004, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by mwynn05
i get the impression that school district is a DISASTER

That's a pretty big understatment. A few years ago, they were in deep trouble for having the lowest TAAS scores in the state. The next year they got in trouble for giving students the answers during the test. There's been all kinds of money disappear from there too.

wildstangs
08-17-2004, 11:13 PM
Sad situation.. You would think they would realize this and hire some folks that would turn this place around. I remember hearing about how good their football teams where in the 90's. Even won a 4A title if I am not mistaken.

JasperDog94
08-18-2004, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by rhino33
next thing u know their football team, loses their equipment because rats eat them or something... Naw, they'd sell it before that happened...

BullFrog Dad
08-18-2004, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by wildstangs
Sad situation.. You would think they would realize this and hire some folks that would turn this place around. I remember hearing about how good their football teams where in the 90's. Even won a 4A title if I am not mistaken. 1990:
5A Div I
Marshall 21, Converse Judson 19
5A Div II
Aldine 27, Arlington Lamar 10
4A
Wilmer-Hutchins 19, Austin Westlake 7
3A
Vernon 41, Crockett 20
2A
Groveton 25, DeLeon 19
1A
Barlett 36, Munday 28
Six-Man
Fort Hancock 66, Christoval 17

mwynn05
08-18-2004, 01:29 PM
its a crappy situation there...btw we play them this year

GoDeep
08-18-2004, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by BullFrog Dad
1990:
5A Div I
Marshall 21, Converse Judson 19
5A Div II
Aldine 27, Arlington Lamar 10
4A
Wilmer-Hutchins 19, Austin Westlake 7
3A
Vernon 41, Crockett 20
2A
Groveton 25, DeLeon 19
1A
Barlett 36, Munday 28
Six-Man
Fort Hancock 66, Christoval 17

Something funny about that year. It was the first year of the two-tier division championship system, and the "big" school champ, Marshall, had about 800 fewer students that the "small" school champ, Aldine. See, this system didnt work from the start!

mwynn05
08-18-2004, 01:48 PM
Something funny about that year. It was the first year of the two-tier division championship system, and the "big" school champ, Marshall, had about 800 fewer students that the "small" school champ, Aldine. See, this system didnt work from the start! yep it was a sign the UIL missed but if your going to have 2 divisions like that how else can you do it? in our district mexia gets screwed every year they have about 600 students and a lot of the time there playing schools with 850 in most districts they would be d2 but not ours

JasperDog94
08-18-2004, 02:06 PM
There's a simple solution:

You do it by regions. Take all 3 playoff teams from each district and put them in a pool with the entire region. You should have 24 teams. The top 8 go DI while the remaining 16 go DII. See...simple.

mwynn05
08-18-2004, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
There's a simple solution:

You do it by regions. Take all 3 playoff teams from each district and put them in a pool with the entire region. You should have 24 teams. The top 8 go DI while the remaining 16 go DII. See...simple. then you haveteams complaining about who they play forst round how would you determine that

JasperDog94
08-18-2004, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by mwynn05
then you haveteams complaining about who they play forst round how would you determine that Once again...easy: Numbers from a hat.

JasperDog94
08-18-2004, 02:12 PM
That would also keep you from playing the same teams year after year in the first couple of rounds.

GoDeep
08-18-2004, 02:30 PM
Here's a crazy idea....how about we go back to ONE state champion?! How about we quit letting half the teams in each district go to the playoffs and we have one playoff bracket per class? Too many teams to do that? Well, how about we make a 6a? Or a 7a? Or an 8a? However many it takes. But, as far as Im concerned, there hasnt been a true state champion in 3a and below since the 1997 season. There should not be a single ring thats says "state champions" that was given out since 1997. They should say "division champions", because that's all it is; and I, for one, hate it!

KTJ
08-18-2004, 02:59 PM
I don't think I've seen Go Deep post anything positive about anything or anyone on this board since he got here.

:D ;)

GoDeep
08-18-2004, 03:13 PM
Hey,I dont make the news, I just report it. :cool:

JasperDog94
08-18-2004, 03:32 PM
Here's a crazy idea....how about we go back to ONE state champion?! How about we quit letting half the teams in each district go to the playoffs and we have one playoff bracket per class? Too many teams to do that? Well, how about we make a 6a? Or a 7a? Or an 8a? However many it takes. But, as far as Im concerned, there hasnt been a true state champion in 3a and below since the 1997 season. There should not be a single ring thats says "state champions" that was given out since 1997. They should say "division champions", because that's all it is; and I, for one, hate it! Tell me...how do you really feel...

District303aPastPlayer
08-18-2004, 03:34 PM
just move the athletes to sinton. . . but only the good ones :D

hutchfan
08-18-2004, 03:41 PM
You know what you guys have never stepped one foot in Hutch. These issues you guys are hearing about on the news are blown out of proportion its not that bad. These incidents just happen over the summer. I graduated in 2003 and as far as the football team is concerned polished my senior year we were 8-0 and ran up against Forney and if it wasn’t for 6 turnovers we could have been 9-0. Polished we were 19-5 the two years I was on varsity we averaged over 40 pts a game. We destroyed teams like Crandall, South Oak Cliff, and we gave teams like Everman and Greenville all they can handle. Ask Everman about Hutch we were up 14-0in the game we played that year they went 15 and 0 also we scrimmaged them the year they won the second state championship and we came out of that and Everman was upset that we had essentially came to their house and beat them (If there really is a winner in scrimmages). All I am saying is know something about the school before you opinionate. Oh yeah I was anal state academic team center and a two time unanimous all district selection. HUTCH will be a force to reckon with.

mwynn05
08-18-2004, 03:44 PM
first of all you cant tell me what i have done and you were anal state? LOL

District303aPastPlayer
08-18-2004, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by hutchfan
. Oh yeah I was anal state academic team center.

did that hurt. .. getting selected to that team?

hutchfan
08-18-2004, 03:52 PM
Typo and no it didn’t hurt because the guy that got the all state team was in my district where I received all district you do the math

hutchfan
08-18-2004, 03:57 PM
If you have ever spent one day inside of HUTCH you would have a clue therefore you wouldn't be making these ludicrous statements

mwynn05
08-18-2004, 04:02 PM
you didnt ask me if i spent 1 day in hutch you ask me if i had ever stepped foot in hutch

hutchfan
08-18-2004, 04:04 PM
one day one step it wouldn't matter you would know

mwynn05
08-18-2004, 04:07 PM
i wouldnt brag about it if its that bad

hutchfan
08-18-2004, 04:09 PM
That’s the problem, that’s the perception, but perception is not always reality HUTCH is a quality school where kids can get an adequate education

JasperDog94
08-18-2004, 04:12 PM
Then what's up with the TAAS scores?

mwynn05
08-18-2004, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by hutchfan
That’s the problem, that’s the perception, but perception is not always reality HUTCH is a quality school where kids can get an adequate education if im not mistaken they were close to losing there acredation a while ago

hutchfan
08-18-2004, 04:19 PM
Actually the TAAS is no longer administered but the last two years it was administered HUTCH was acceptable and percentage points away from being academically recognized for their TAAS scores. Those reports you are talking about are at least 5-6 years old

mwynn05
08-18-2004, 04:29 PM
i also said a while ago though didnt i

Ranger Mom
08-18-2004, 04:43 PM
Why do yall even care about their "problems"??

I think it's a kind of sad situation all the way around, and this is the first time I had even heard anything about them.

Good luck to WH, I hope everything works out for the best and good luck this season!!

I swear, some of yall will argue with a brick wall!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

HighSchool Fan
08-18-2004, 04:55 PM
I agree with RM. If they have problems there, it should not be our concern. We cannot blame the kids there. If all these accusations are true, the school board are the ones to blame. It sounds like the school board needs to make alot of changes or the voters need to make alot of changes. Anyway, leave it the people of Wilmer-Hutchins.

JasperDog94
08-18-2004, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I swear, some of yall will argue with a brick wall!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: No we won't!

mwynn05
08-18-2004, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Why do yall even care about their "problems"??

I think it's a kind of sad situation all the way around, and this is the first time I had even heard anything about them.

Good luck to WH, I hope everything works out for the best and good luck this season!!

I swear, some of yall will argue with a brick wall!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: hey jasperdog i think she was talking to me and yes i will argue with a brick wall