PDA

View Full Version : Kennedale sc Decatur Thurs

bleedgreen
08-17-2004, 03:58 PM
Who are the Kennedale posters this year? I haven't seen anyone posting over the last 2 weeks since I started reading (but I haven't been on here much myself). Is it too early to comment on the team? When did the school decide to get artificial playing surface? Is there a proposed finish date? Can anyone close to Barrett say anything? Thanks.

Papa Smurf 05
08-17-2004, 10:15 PM
I've been here all through the offseason. I personally found out about the turf the last week of the school year. it was supposed to be completed on Aug. 1st, but that solid week of rain put production really far behind. We're hoping to have the field ready to play on by week 2 (our first home game). As for the team, we're looking great (like always ;) )

catdad
08-18-2004, 07:26 AM
I beleive the scrimmage with Decatur this Thursday will be played at the Jr. High.

Chief Woodman
08-18-2004, 09:30 PM
I hope to be there. It would be great if we could meet if possible.

Z motion 10 out on 2
08-19-2004, 10:33 AM
Does Kennedale have a kicker this year?

catdad
08-19-2004, 10:34 AM
i will be there. hopefully they will still get to play. raining a lot here right now. the lightning has passed though.

Horseymen
08-19-2004, 10:52 AM
If someone could give me the address of the junior high, I'm not above driving to Decatur for some good, quality football.

Stu Pidass
08-19-2004, 12:26 PM
I am finally back...... did ya all miss me? Yes Kennedale has a kicker but I am not sure they will bring him up from the freshman team as he will be the QB in the future and he happens to be coach Barretts son......

JustAFan
08-19-2004, 12:30 PM
Horseyman - The scrimmage is at the Kennedale Junior High School field. The school is on Bowman Springs south of I-20.

catdad
08-19-2004, 03:14 PM
FYI - as of 3:00p.m. the scrimmage is still on.

Matthew328
08-19-2004, 04:24 PM
Kennedale may have one of the nicer junior high fields in the area.....since their junior high field is the former varisty stadium only what 4 years ago.....right off Bowman Springs Rd

Chief Woodman
08-19-2004, 09:53 PM
Unfortunately I did not get to make the contest. I have been told that things did not go to well though.

nigelmer
08-20-2004, 08:11 AM
I was there....and I think a lot of it had to do with Decatur's talent. That QB is everything he was written up to be...and his O line gave him all the time he needed to find receivers. I left with about 7 minutes to go in the 2nd timed quarter...and Decatur was up 26-0 and about to go in again.

Titans
08-20-2004, 09:55 AM
So what you are saying is that Kennedale doesn't look as strong as they have the last 2-3 years, right?

Does their high ranking seem to be in jeopardy or is Decatur that darned good?

Give me winners, not whiners!

football_fanatic
08-20-2004, 11:05 AM
I watched the scrimmage last night also. Kennedale might not be AS good as last year, but they are still loaded. Decatur put it on 'em, but Decatur is VERY impressive. Region I Div I is gonna be tough. Abilene Wylie, Decatur, and Gainesville are gonna be tough to beat. Look for one of these teams in the state championship game.

Titans
08-20-2004, 11:14 AM
I agree with your assesment, fanatic...for the most part.

Since Decatur put it on Kennedale, which is impressive to me, then I'll put them right behind Gainesville as #2 in the region. However, this is just a scrimmage I know. So we'll see.

As for Abilene Wylie - who are they? Oh yeah, they are always a bridesmaid, never a bride.

CwillRB
08-20-2004, 11:58 AM
So who all was at the scrimmage last night?

Z motion 10 out on 2
08-20-2004, 12:16 PM
Abilene Wylie will have a great QB also this season. As a bride's maid they have sent plenty of teams packing over the recent past. I don't think you give them enough credit Titans.

vet93
08-20-2004, 12:32 PM
I agree with z-motion...Wylie has done well with the talent they have had and I would rather be a bridesmaid than an old spinster living with my parents like some teams!!!

Originally posted by Titans
I agree with your assesment, fanatic...for the most part.

Since Decatur put it on Kennedale, which is impressive to me, then I'll put them right behind Gainesville as #2 in the region. However, this is just a scrimmage I know. So we'll see.

As for Abilene Wylie - who are they? Oh yeah, they are always a bridesmaid, never a bride.

Titans
08-20-2004, 12:50 PM
Once again....good points you all have.

Wylie does have a sensational program, one that is awefully proud and deservedly so.

All I'm saying is that they don't win the big one. I said the same thing when the Buffalo Bills lost 4 straight in the Super Bowl.

I feel sorry for Wylie. Not because they are a premier 3A team in the state (which they are), but because they can't get over the hump. In other words, they are the bridesmaids. It's truth, whether you agree with me or not.

And yes, I would much rather be a runner-up than never get there.

catdad
08-20-2004, 12:51 PM
I was at the scrimmage last night, also. Decatur looks good. Kennedale had some problems with them but, don't count them out yet. As someone stated earlier this was an early in the season srcimmage. Coach Barrett and staff are very good and identifying what adjusmnets need to be made and then implementing them. Props to Decatur. I see a great season for them and my Cats.

Z motion 10 out on 2
08-20-2004, 01:06 PM
It was great that both of these teams scrimmaged each other. Many teams don't want to go up against such tough competetion.

Good luck to both Kennedale and Dacatur.

LineCoach
08-20-2004, 01:29 PM
Holy Crap, Fanatic, will you not come to the rescue of your Bulldogs.