PDA

View Full Version : Gobblers vs. Wildcats!!!

Johnny Utah
08-16-2004, 09:25 PM
When and where will the Gobblers from Cuero take on the GP Wildcats???? Should be a good one!!!

Gobbla2001
08-16-2004, 09:28 PM
I believe the scrimmage is this Friday at GP... 7-ish? I dunno...

I don't believe I'll be able to make it... Gotta go up to San Marcos/Austin this weekend...

Johnny Utah
08-16-2004, 09:31 PM
Have heard nothing but great things about both teams. Should be an exciting one to watch, just wish it was a real game. I would love to make those types of games week end and week out. Anyone want to fund my travel????

Gobbla2001
08-16-2004, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
Have heard nothing but great things about both teams. Should be an exciting one to watch, just wish it was a real game. I would love to make those types of games week end and week out. Anyone want to fund my travel????

I know this site has received a large amount of donations over the last couple of years...

Maybe you can start taking 'em?

G-P King
08-16-2004, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
Have heard nothing but great things about both teams. Should be an exciting one to watch, just wish it was a real game. I would love to make those types of games week end and week out. Anyone want to fund my travel???? Where the heck is Mingus, Tx? G-P's schedule has 7pm. I get off of work at 6pm and will be there after I get all cleaned up!

Old Green
08-16-2004, 10:23 PM
I'm trying to get there by 5:00 so I can catch the fish and JV also.
Pain permitting.

G-P King
08-16-2004, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by Old Green
I'm trying to get there by 5:00 so I can catch the fish and JV also.
Pain permitting. Pain permitting? What ya talking about!

Old Green
08-17-2004, 05:10 AM
I'm Having surgery on my hand wednesday.

G-P King
08-17-2004, 05:35 AM
I'm Having surgery on my hand wednesday. Oh I see, just load up on the pain pills and coffe and you'll be alright! lol

Old Green
08-17-2004, 05:43 AM
You Bet. This is my second surgery.;)
What doing up so early? I thought I was the only that up.:)

G-P King
08-18-2004, 05:41 PM
What doing up so early? I thought I was the only that up.:) I work shift work and am trying to stay up when I was talking to you!

SintonFan
08-18-2004, 06:47 PM
Everytime you have hand hand surgery it rains right, OG?
The last time you had that surgery was the '99 flood, right?:D

44INAROW
08-18-2004, 07:40 PM

OG we are going and if you want a ride, give us a holler...... You can sit and relax - I am serious if you need a ride, call us.

G-P King
08-18-2004, 07:47 PM
How many people are comming to the scrimage!

crabman
08-18-2004, 09:59 PM
We fed about a hundred tonight at booster club and I know they will all be there.

G-P King
08-19-2004, 03:33 PM
Gregory-Portland Wildcats
31 4A
Last years record: 9-4 Region IV Semi Finalist
Returning starters: 17
8 offensive/9 defensive

This is the year Gp has been waiting for for a long time. Not since I have been following the team since 1978 have we been this loaded. We have it all this year, size, speed and experience. With 17 returning starters from last years 9-4 Regional Semi Finalist team, we are anxiously awaiting the 2004 season. So far, with the exception of one poll, they have us from being ranked in the top 10 in the state and Dave Campbell ranking us at number 4.

On defense, our linebackers will be lead by Casey Allen (all state candidate), Dillon Burdine, Cody Zipprian and Aaron Bacoum. All have decent size and are very quick. On the line we will have Steven Strube (Will be splitting time between Defensive and offensive tackle), Brad Darwent , Nathan Rios and Victor Brooks newly dubbed will split his time between D-End and Swingman on offense. Our secondary is where we will have new players including, I hear a super speedy transfer from Michigan. Chris Hayward and Connell Davis also might step in and help out in the secondary. Overall, defense will be our strength. Our line won't have a guy lighter then 210 lbs and Victor Brooks is a man playing with boys. He will dominate this year on the end.

Ah, now comes offense. Gp runs a wing T misdirection style offense. Three backs and a quarterback going separate directions. We had to replace our QB this year and Jordon Anthony will be our man. Jordon is a big guy at 6" 2" 200 lbs. He has an amazing arm for the deep ball, something Gp rarely has had in the past. He's just average speed though so don't look for many options. Our feature back again this year is Connell Davis, being recruited from such colleges as Penn State, Nebraska, Mizzou and Texas. He's about 6"2" 200 lbs and amazing speed. Also in the back field is Courtney Greer and Derrick Johnson. Greer has power and nice speed as well as Johnson. Either of these backs will bust it lose if opposing D's key on Davis. Chris Hayward will also see some time in the back field. At tight end is a big ole boy in Tyler Mickets. The offensive line has three returning starters, Chris Wooten, Corey Goolsby as well as Luis Ramirez returning at center. Steven Strube will fill in the right tackle slot while the Left tackle is still up for grabs. Seniors Kyle Baddley, Nick Hernandez and Junior Jeremey Hernandez to compete for this spot. Our offensive line, as always will not be the biggest, but they will push those big D's back.

We have a tough predistrict schedule to get us tuned. We start off with 5A Corpus Christi King, then 3A perennial power Sinton, then back to 5A Corpus Christi Carroll, who beat us good last year. Those three teams should have us ready for district play, which will be tough this year with the likes of Rockport, Kingsville and the always tough, Calallen. We are favored to win district this year and I look for us to finally make it back to the State Finals since 1971. My prediction for this year is 10-0 in regular season and a State Finals appearance. We are gunna Get-R-Done

Just a lil more info about the WILDCATS! Hope to see all yall Cuero fans there!

Old Green
08-19-2004, 04:46 PM
Thanks for the info G-P King .

Sounds like this will be a good Practice for both squads.:)

Johnny Utah
08-19-2004, 08:54 PM
Going to be a good one at GP on Friday night!!!!