PDA

View Full Version : Star Forney player out for season.

3afan2K3
08-16-2004, 08:03 PM
Forney Defensive player Anthony Epperson was in a car wreck last night and shattered his ankle. He will be out for the season. He was one of Forney's defensive leaders and was a favorite for Defensive player of the year in 11-4A.

kaorder1999
08-16-2004, 09:06 PM
ouch....that hurts

Chris Hart
08-16-2004, 09:18 PM
That's horrible! Is he a senior? That is some bad luck, I know what he's going through.:(

3afan2K3
08-16-2004, 09:19 PM
Yes he's a senior.

kaorder1999
08-16-2004, 10:18 PM
tough situation....

Showtime33
08-17-2004, 02:11 AM
Sorry to hear that. Never like to see that happen to a kid, especially when its their Sr year.

Green Ranger
08-17-2004, 08:03 AM
I wish the young man all the best in a speedy recovery. Again however I must remind everybody, not just 3afan2k3, I would assume that the local paper published a story. However without the permission of the young man or his family, new laws make it illegal to publish this information for reasons of his future.

fury900
08-17-2004, 08:41 AM
That's horrible. Sorry to hear that. I wish the young man all the best in a speedy recovery

CHS_Grad '85
08-17-2004, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by fury900
That's horrible. Sorry to hear that. I wish the young man all the best in a speedy recovery ditto

3afan
08-17-2004, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by Green Ranger
I wish the young man all the best in a speedy recovery. Again however I must remind everybody, not just 3afan2k3, I would assume that the local paper published a story. However without the permission of the young man or his family, new laws make it illegal to publish this information for reasons of his future.

speedy recovery of course, but 2k3 was just passing the news, not "publishing this information for reasons of his future" (whatever that means)
:rolleyes:

olddawggreen
08-17-2004, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
:rolleyes:

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

olddawggreen
08-17-2004, 10:20 AM
That's horrible. Sorry to hear that. I wish the young man all the best in a speedy recovery

ditto ditto:)

Green Ranger
08-17-2004, 11:03 AM
You can roll your eyes as much as you want, but while you do look up HIPPA and or FERPA on the internet. Likewise you can ask Ranger Mom if I know what I am talking about and I would bet should would back me on this. Again I am sure the paper wrote something up as well, without his or the family permission, the family can press charges. Trying to help everybody out in the future. A defensive player for Forney was injured this weeked and is out for the season, please pray for him and the team would be a good way to do it in the future.

JasperDog94
08-17-2004, 11:06 AM
That's horrible. Sorry to hear that. I wish the young man all the best in a speedy recovery Same here.

True94
08-17-2004, 11:36 AM
i broke my ankle the first game of my senior year, and i didnt play at all. but i still wound up with scholarships and am currently playing so if u see the guy make sure he doesnt lose hope! i know what its like it really SUCKS

kaorder1999
08-17-2004, 02:27 PM
if hes of a certain age they can write what they want to about him as long as its factual and newsworthy. If hes still a minor they cannot.

Mustang '89
08-17-2004, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by True94
i broke my ankle the first game of my senior year, and i didnt play at all. but i still wound up with scholarships and am currently playing so if u see the guy make sure he doesnt lose hope! i know what its like it really SUCKS

That was a nasty break you had True94. I still have a vivid picture of it in my mind. I still remember the crowd yelling at the paramedics while they took their time getting accross the field. Glad to see you have fully recovered. How's your team looking this year. I know this year's version of the Mustangs are looking pretty salty. They looked good in the scrimmage last week, but I'm sure you little brother has told you all the details. Did you spend the summer back in Texas or did you stay at school?

3afan
08-17-2004, 05:05 PM
You can roll your eyes as much as you want, but while you do look up HIPPA and or FERPA on the internet. Likewise you can ask Ranger Mom if I know what I am talking about and I would bet should would back me on this. Again I am sure the paper wrote something up as well, without his or the family permission, the family can press charges. Trying to help everybody out in the future. A defensive player for Forney was injured this weeked and is out for the season, please pray for him and the team would be a good way to do it in the future.

i understand where you're coming from & i agree ............. we're well aware of ferpa and its intent - this is nothing near that .............. :)

BrahmaMom
08-17-2004, 06:44 PM
I am grateful that young man is only suffering a broken ankle and ruined senior football season, but I rejoice with his family that he is alive and relatively whole. I know the disappointment all too well, my son tore his ACL the first game of his senior season. But all in all, it was character-building and I was relieved it wasn't worse. I pray for the safety of every one of these players, at all levels. Football, as great as it is, is still only a game. Wishes for a speedy recovery--True94 proves it can be done.

Green Ranger
08-17-2004, 10:20 PM
I did mean internet, as you can look it up on the net for yourself. The intent of those two is for the future and privacy of the athlete. And whether or not they are a minor means nothing other than their parents can give or not give out the info. Legally in someone over the age of 18, can hold back info from coaches after seeing a doctor. Then the coach can hold them out from playing. News worthy, then why can't a doctor tell the parents of a girl who is pregnant? There are laws in place and I know them, as far as high school athletes go, parents know the rules cause they sign acknowledgement of rules that info regarding medical info will be kept to those who need to know.

kaorder1999
08-17-2004, 10:33 PM
I did mean internet, as you can look it up on the net for yourself. The intent of those two is for the future and privacy of the athlete. And whether or not they are a minor means nothing other than their parents can give or not give out the info. Legally in someone over the age of 18, can hold back info from coaches after seeing a doctor. Then the coach can hold them out from playing. News worthy, then why can't a doctor tell the parents of a girl who is pregnant? There are laws in place and I know them, as far as high school athletes go, parents know the rules cause they sign acknowledgement of rules that info regarding medical info will be kept to those who need to know.

media newsworthy i meant.

answer this cause i truly dont know the laws. If an 18 year old senior in high school tells me she is pregnant i can be sued for saying on a message board mention she is pregnant. (nothing malicious said...) Or even better....if that forney football player told me to my face that he shattered his ankle, I cannot legally say that on a message board on the internet? (once again no malice) In both cases I could have said please pray for these individuals....in fact...they might have even asked for people to pray for them? can i be sued?

Green Ranger
08-17-2004, 10:48 PM
No, like I said at the beginning, if they give you permission you are in the clear. If they ask for prayers yes by all means spread it around. What I am saying in regards to privacy, if they dont want the info spread, this is when you can get into trouble. Reason being, say you have a stud who is being looked at by several colleges and has a serious injury. If that injury is published all over the papers some colleges will stop looking at him. If he gets healthy with help of doctors he does not have to tell that college unless asked directly about any injuries. This is where it becomes an invasion of privacy. That is why I stated next time simply say a Player was injured who plays defense for Blank team please pray for him, those prayers will get to him at the same time keeping his privacy.

mwynn05
08-17-2004, 10:56 PM
well colleges arent stupid and they will quit looking at him when he doesnt play his senior season and trust me word would get out