PDA

View Full Version : Port Isabel 23 La Feria 0

Kool Tarpon 21
10-25-2002, 11:20 PM
I am so relieved. I honestly thought that they were going to give us a tougher game. It all started when we received the ball in kickoff return. Joe Arevalo returned the ball for a touchdown. The momentum started building and we went all out after that. It was a good game. I have respect for some of their players. Well, they gave us an alright game.

We have guaranteed a tie for District at least.

GO BIG BLUE!!!
Missile #21

eye of the tiger
10-25-2002, 11:28 PM
Tarps are getting it done. Nice win.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-25-2002, 11:55 PM
My bad on the final score. I got the score from my uncle (Lando's grandpa) and he told me 22-0 instead of 23.

eye of the tiger
10-26-2002, 12:42 AM
Just saw the highlight film and that opening TD on the kickoff was awesome. A great way to start a game. Also showed the Tarp band looking good. Once again congrats on the win.

nfcfan
10-26-2002, 01:09 AM
Another great win by the Tarpons. I had predicted PI by 17, I hope the Tarps beat my spread all the time.
Just need a warmup game next week then its a bye. Man, i'm not a fan of an off week.

Is Tony P. out for the rest of the year?

The unsportsmanlike penalties must be addressed by the coaches, the Tarpons seem to average one every other game! It's ridiculous.

Awesome punting job once again! was that one punt 75 yards?

Keep it up! GO TARPONS GO!
wink

nfcfan
10-26-2002, 01:45 AM
Was surfing the web for high school websites and notice an interesting playoff prediction tree if the season ended before this weeks games. For PI fans the playoff tree reflects predicted wins/rankings before the LaFeria game...

goto www.texaspowerratings.com (http://www.texaspowerratings.com)
then click on the playoff link

They show PI only having trouble in the Regionals vs. LaVernia (a game that is slightly leaning toward LV) eek!

They have LaVernia reaching the State Semis!!

I know its still a little early, but this should instill confidence that a State Championship is not an impossible feat.

This team is a very good Tarpon team, but will they rank with the best PI teams? Only time will tell.

Good Luck to the Playoff bound Tarpons!!
:cool:

TarponRl3k
10-26-2002, 02:01 AM
Ooh, thank you EOTT!! The Tarpon Band did do excellent. We finally have pulled it together and we took the field tonight....thank god nobody slipped and broke a bone on that field.

Congrats again to the Tarpons, the game was awesome and the band wanted to play..play..and play more for you guys, my arms and Trey's arms were ready to fall off!
You guys are great, you know we love ya and we're supportin you all the way. Talk to the quarterback club and tell them the band will learn awesome stand tunes if they help us out with charter buses for the FARRRRR games we'll be travelling to for the Playoffs!! Late Night rides on the yellow dog are gettin kinda old!

Congrats on the game, I thought you were going to give it to them harder but they proved themselves on the field last night, they had a good defense.

footballgal
10-26-2002, 04:31 PM
http://www.valleystar.com/art/sports/PI102602.jpgQB Gabriel Alvarez #3 running the ball

Congratulations BIG BLUE!
It's was a great win on a sloppy field, & yeah, that opening run was awesome, Joe really turned on those jets. (I am sure like Missile's, but don't know, since I missed that one against Lyford.)

Yeah, penalties must be addressed, 145 yards! It got to the point that a flag was thrown, and you just knew it was going to PI. The personal fouls were a real frustration.

Hey Kristen, the band did have an awesome preformance, it sure looked polished. I really enjoyed it. La Feria show was good too, but you couldn't compare, it was also louder than I have heard you'll this season.

GO BIG BLUE!!
DON'T forget Progreso will NOT be automatic, how do you think they feel about getting an upset special and doing against the Tarpons??

nfcfan
10-26-2002, 11:49 PM
eek! 'DON'T forget Progreso will NOT be automatic, how do you think they feel about getting an upset special and doing against the Tarpons??' eek!

I think they would love an upset, but lets be realistic...

The Tarpons have a chance on losing to Progresso as the chance of the sun not rising up tommorrow!!

In the 4 district games Prog. has played they have been OUTSCORED 179 to 7. :(

Even when the Tarpons are considered the underdog, I perfer the confidence builder technique than use the fear factor -preaching fear of losing to another team.

I believe their success has not and will not go to the players heads.

They are a hard working team and will always play any team 100%. It just happens that they play LaFeria and LosFresnos 110%! wink

Kakarot
10-27-2002, 01:35 AM
HEy Missile next we got the Progreso Red Ants and just because there a losing team that doesnt mean we gotta take them lightly. Well im gonna go hard just like i have in all the other games wel bye and laterz you all. :cool:

TarponRl3k
10-27-2002, 04:41 PM
Thanks footballgal, all the band needed was some...well...ok- La Feria is a comp of ours at area and the rest of the band had never seen their show, so they didn't want to be beat and they just needed something to show up in order to give it all they had. Which I don't think we even did because with the show we're marching, NOT slipping on that slippery muddy field was extremely tough and quite scary.

Sorry it took a while to respond to you PM. About track, I don't know if I would do track, you may think I'm pretty fast but...I dunno bout all the scheduling and all that

Anyway, I'd rather not talk about the La Feria game anymore since enough time has passed, I'll let everyone focus on the Progresso game if they feel they need to.

Any thoughts on a game for the bye week?

BigKat20
10-27-2002, 09:49 PM
Hey Missel? What do you think about the Bearkats and Lions this week? Do you think we got a chance? Oh yea, congrat!!!! you'll deserved the crown of 32-AAA. Well I hope there is no grudge between us, so I'll see you in Basketball season!!!!!!!!!!laters Tarpon!!!
Go Kats #20

Kool Tarpon 21
10-27-2002, 10:45 PM
If you all play with the same intensity that you started when you played us, you all should have a good game. A hell of a good game. Too bad it's on the same week that we're playing Progreso or else I would go. You all have two pretty tough teams to play still. You all have to play hard this week. Not to diss La Feria, but I think you all should take it. I'm not saying La Feria is not a good team. All I'm saying is that you all do have a chance against them. Good Luck to both teams. May the best team win. Anyways, we're all in the playoffs. All we got to do now is represent 32-AAA. Once again, good luck to both of you.

GO BIG BLUE!!!
Missile #21

jmtz79
10-28-2002, 10:01 PM
Kat20 im a Tarpon player but yes i do agree with missile. If you guys come out with the same intensity you all did against us, yes there is no doubt that you all are gonna take it, all La Feria has is a passing game, but if Robby and your corners do their job, there should be no problem against Almanza!! By the way Alamanza is a good player, its just that he couldnt do **** on us!! Well Good Luck and may the best team win!!

Tarpon #79

nfcfan
10-28-2002, 10:59 PM
The way I see it, LaFeria is 2nd only to PI in Defense and Offense(in District) thats why i pick LaFeria by 7.
:cool:

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-29-2002, 12:07 AM
Hey Jeffery, this is "Moose" from the 1994 team. Just a quick word of warning, the people who run this site don't like ANY sort of profanity on here. Even though you said it once (you know the word i'm referring to).......for these guys and gals, only once is enough, and they are VERY quick to pull the trigger. They did it to "Nitro" earlier in the season.

We do need some more Tarpons on here though, and we'd all love for you to post your comments on here, but don't say something stupid and get yourself kicked off here.

By the way, great job vs. La Feria, heard you guys stuffed 'em GOOD. And don't get overconfident vs. Progreso.

Later!

Tarpons4Life
K.M. #44, 1994 State Semi-Finalsts

footballgal
10-29-2002, 09:44 AM
I will go with La Feria by at least 7. La Feria has the 2nd best defense in the district that I have seen this season. Good players like Almanza, won't have two bad games in a row, so look out for him.