PDA

View Full Version : Miracles CAN happen!!

Ranger Mom
08-16-2004, 01:20 PM
I just had to brag.

My oldest son, who graduated this year, was never a great student. He just didn't care and wanted to be out of school and "on his own".

The night he graduated I think it all hit him. He was out of school and didn't have a clue what he wanted to do with his life.

With a little luck and some natural talent, as of today, he is the newest member of the New Mexico Junior College rodeo team. He just told me, for the first time in his life, he feels like he has an incentive to do well in school.

He has matured SO much just over the summer! Out of all my kids, I thought he would be the last one to decide to go to college! That's what I get for thinking!!

DON'T EVER GIVE UP!!
:D

JasperDog94
08-16-2004, 01:23 PM
I know that makes you proud RM!:clap: :clap:

44INAROW
08-16-2004, 01:28 PM
Congrats RM.. and well done for not pushing him and letting him "find himself!"

Chris Hart
08-16-2004, 01:46 PM
Congratulations, and here's hoping he sticks it out and succeeds!:)

Buffalo
08-16-2004, 01:56 PM
He is at a good school. THey take care of the young people who Rodeo there. He is not to far from home either. We all like to make our MOMs proud I am sure that means a lot to him as well. Congradulations

vet93
08-16-2004, 02:11 PM
Congratulations on your proud mama moment...just goes to show what happens when they are raised right!!!!

Ranger Mom
08-16-2004, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by Buffalo
He is at a good school. THey take care of the young people who Rodeo there. He is not to far from home either. We all like to make our MOMs proud I am sure that means a lot to him as well. Congradulations

I know next to nothing about the school. What I DO know is my little brother, who is 22, lives in Hobbs also.

Chad (my son) looks up to him and he is a wonderful role model. I know he will keep an eye out for him and keep him steered in the right direction.

Thank God for family!! (If it hadn't been for my brand-new sister-in-law, all of this would have never come about!)

BHKrystal06
08-16-2004, 02:40 PM
Congrats RM :clap:

BrahmaMom
08-16-2004, 04:58 PM
Congratulations on your miracle, RM. I know that took a lot of prayers. The next series of prayers fall under the heading of "God, please keep him safe from SERIOUS injury"! God bless you both. You have successfully completed Phase One of raising him; the next phases are tense, too! Good luck!

mwynn05
08-16-2004, 05:04 PM
that good news RM...im in a similar predicament.. but a little different. i know what i wanna do after college and i know that i want to go to college i just have no idea at all where i want to go. but i guess thats just a personal problem haha

Ranger Mom
08-16-2004, 06:00 PM
More good news!!

Since he just did enough to "get by" in school and NO MORE, he had to take an entrance exam today.

HE PASSED!!!!:clap: :clap:

3afan2K3
08-16-2004, 06:24 PM
Another miracle, you're beating BHSKrystal in my poll

mwynn05
08-16-2004, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by 3afan2K3
Another miracle, you're beating BHSKrystal in my poll lol

crabman
08-16-2004, 08:01 PM
I graduated from High School. Not top 10%. I went to a year of Junior College. Did okay but not great. I enrolled at A&M. I was on scholastic probation 2 out my first 3 semesters. Finally woke up in the spring of my third year of college. Finally graduated after 5 years of college. I had a whopping 2.32 grade point average. Somewhere during that fourth year, though, I got driven. I don't know what it was, but the yearning to learn finally hit. I ended up working 18 years for other people before I got fed up and went into business for myself. Business is fantastic. It's not where you start, or even how you get there, but where you finish.
In all of that time, I changed majors 4 times. MY mom never said a word. Simple encouragement. That was all it took. Hang in there and just let him know you are there. That's all he wants.

slpybear the bullfan
08-16-2004, 08:38 PM
RangerMOm, Mucho congratulations...

Remember... Encouragement is the best gift you can give. Even when it seems like it has no effect. Believe me, it does...

kaorder1999
08-16-2004, 10:22 PM
awesome......

Old Tiger
08-16-2004, 10:30 PM
You should be very proud of him RM

BrahmaMom
08-17-2004, 06:49 PM
Crabman: Thanks for the words of wisdom. Four boys, I am sure I'll look back on them many times. Congrats, RM, on the passed exam--just goes to prove that they can get the job done when THEY want to!!!