PDA

View Full Version : Barbers Hill and Crosby?

Bobkat
08-15-2004, 09:45 PM
Any details in this scrimmage. Just interested...Crosby's new coach, Coach Flanigan had been our coach at Orangefield the past four years.

RBARKER
08-16-2004, 08:35 AM
I haven't heard any details but the final score was a tie 7 to 7. Both first teams scored then it was all defense. I would like to here more also if anyone went.

HillBoy
08-16-2004, 11:47 AM
we looked real good in the scrimmage but there is still room for improvment chris daniels was throwing and running the ball well instead of just running like last year both backs were doing good and our defense almost had a perfect game except for one play when the back broke one and went like 70 yards for a td other than that crosby had trouble moving the ball against our defense our d-line did better than i thought caleb gray had excellent night

RBARKER
08-16-2004, 12:39 PM
Thanks for the update HillBoy and welcome to the board. Are you a player?

falcons79
08-16-2004, 02:06 PM
How did our boy from huffman do? I know of a few of his friends that went but have not heard how he did for ya'll...

HillBoy
08-17-2004, 09:07 PM
yes im a player and brett doin real good but he coudnt practice today he got food poisioning but he knows what he is doing at defensive back he is probly going to be a starter but u never know

hsfootballrules
08-18-2004, 12:37 PM
I saw the scrimmage and it was a tie score but.....the most impressive thing is that crosby is a 2nd round playoff team with 10 starters back on d and bh moved the ball like nothing with there first group....there second group has a lot of work to do but that is why they are second group......and watching the qb from bh from soph to jr is pretty impressive hopefully he can stay healthy this year

falcons79
08-18-2004, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by HillBoy
yes im a player and brett doin real good but he coudnt practice today he got food poisioning but he knows what he is doing at defensive back he is probly going to be a starter but u never know

Great, tell Brett, Hartdaddy says hi and we are all glad he is doing well there, atleast until we play BH and then we'll have to kick his little behind...;)

Eagles52
08-19-2004, 06:21 PM
Crosby had some great athletes at the skill positions but have a long way to go if they want to be competitive in 4a especially in a district with Dayton in it. I guess the best way to put it would be that they need to be more physical. As was posted earlier the 1st team offense for BH moved the ball easily in the first set of plays while the second team struggled mightily. The touchdown that Crosby scored, while during the plays labeled for 1st team, was against all second team defensive line and at least partially if not all second team defensive backfield. When the first team D-linemen and secondary were in, Crosby had trouble moving the ball. Other than that long run and the previous play, which was a completion on a 3rd and long pass, our defense pretty much shut down crosby. After Coach Byrd straightens some things out the defense will be strong as it always is.