PDA

View Full Version : Astros... Not Football Related

ej2525
08-15-2004, 02:15 PM
I give up!!! They just flat out stink!! You can have my rooting towel for the season... I am done!! :foul: :foul: :weeping: :tongue:

3afan2K3
08-15-2004, 02:21 PM
What a good fan you are............. and BTW you dont have to mark your post if its non-football

crzyjournalist03
08-15-2004, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by ej2525
I give up!!! They just flat out stink!! You can have my rooting towel for the season... I am done!! :foul: :foul: :weeping: :tongue:

Want to buy a Rangers hat???

ej2525
08-16-2004, 10:58 AM
I am all for it!!

chaingang
08-16-2004, 11:31 AM
I am an Astros fan, but why do they make it so hard to be one? I mean, you can only take up for them so much. I have nothing to argue with anymore except that minute maid is nicer than most stadums.:confused: :( :( :doh:

JasperDog94
08-16-2004, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by chaingang
I am an Astros fan, but why do they make it so hard to be one? I mean, you can only take up for them so much. I have nothing to argue with anymore except that minute maid is nicer than most stadums.:confused: :( :( :doh: I completely agree...unfortunately.

coiled2strike
08-16-2004, 12:07 PM
It was pretty sad when the d-backs AND expos came in and had their way with us, but man i loved DOLLAR HOTDOG night...
i guess it's back to the old astros motto...we'll get 'em next year

still a fan, just not a happy one...

go 'stros

JasperDog94
08-16-2004, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by coiled2strike
still a fan, just not a happy one...

go 'stros I think that describes every Astro's fan...just not a happy one.

ej2525
08-16-2004, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
I think that describes every Astro's fan...just not a happy one.

I am & always will be a Stros fan.... just tired of getting mad/frustrated because of their play (lack of play). I was pumped going into this season with the talent they had on the team. And where has that talent got them? A losing record, 19.5 games behind the division leader & 5 teams ahead of them in the wildcard race. :doh: :doh:

JasperDog94
08-16-2004, 01:21 PM
We need to remember one major thing...the astro's players this year (Kent, Biggio, Bagwell) are getting old. It's nice to keep guys as life-long players, but it's nicer to win.

ej2525
08-16-2004, 01:25 PM
And you can't unload Bagwell because no one will want him due to injuries & a huge salary. Biggio's is due for a new contract in the next year or two I believe. Kent, he is gone after this year I think. I hope they can resign Beltran to at least a multi-year contract.

JasperDog94
08-16-2004, 02:21 PM
We'll see how much of a team player Bagwell is after this year. If he is, he'll retire like Mark McGuire did several years ago. He can't play at the level he needs and wants to play at.

Kent is definitely gone....good riddance.

Biggio could move back to 2nd, but you're going to lose some mobility with his age being a factor.

Beltran is the center fielder of the future. You've got one of the most unique center fields in all of baseball. Why not make that an advantage instead of a disadvantage?

BIG19
09-09-2004, 11:19 AM

Still feel that way? Just curious if you are back on the wagon. I think they are hitting the ball very well right now and with the pitching they have been getting, they could just keep the pressure on and take the wildcard. At least that is the way I am thinking.

JasperDog94
09-09-2004, 11:30 AM
I heard an interesting analogy this morning on sports radio 610:

The Astros are like a girlfriend. The more attention you give her, the less she tries and the more disappointed you are. You treat her like you really couldn't care less, and she does everything she can to get your attention and to please you.

(DISCLAIMER: The views expressed in the above analogy do not necessarily reflect the views of JasperDog94 and 3Adownlow. )

spiveyrat
09-09-2004, 11:39 AM

(DISCLAIMER: The views expressed in the above analogy do not necessarily reflect the views of JasperDog94 and 3Adownlow. )

LOL!!!:D

BIG19
09-09-2004, 11:49 AM
That's just wrong.........:D

Bull's-eye
09-09-2004, 12:01 PM
I heard an interesting analogy this morning on sports radio 610:

The Astros are like a girlfriend. The more attention you give her, the less she tries and the more disappointed you are. You treat her like you really couldn't care less, and she does everything she can to get your attention and to please you.

You finally take her back :inlove: and then she breaks your heart.:weeping:

JasperDog94
09-09-2004, 12:02 PM
That would certainly fit the analogy. (not that I agree with the anology) :thumbsup:

White&Crimson
09-09-2004, 12:11 PM
That would certainly fit the analogy. (not that I agree with the anology) :thumbsup:

CYA, eh bro?

ej2525
09-09-2004, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by BIG19
Still feel that way? Just curious if you are back on the wagon. I think they are hitting the ball very well right now and with the pitching they have been getting, they could just keep the pressure on and take the wildcard. At least that is the way I am thinking.

I have been wondering when that thread was going to come back!! :doh: :doh:

I have never really been "off the wagon". The Astros & I (my attitude) had a broken wheel in need of repair. I have been getting really excited in this 12 game streak and rocketing through the standings.... but keeping quite and low profile due to previously released press comments!! :D :D

I have no idea what lit their butts of fire, but I like it!!

JasperDog94
09-09-2004, 01:16 PM
I have no idea what lit their butts of fire, but I like it!! Some have suggested it's the attitude in the club house. Phil doesn't rub players the wrong way and micro-manage the team. He's a motivator and let's players make plays. Jimmie tried to come in and tell the players how to do their jobs.

Don't get me wrong. Phil's not the manager of the year or anything. I just think that the players are starting to have fun and it's showing in their performance on the field.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-09-2004, 04:26 PM

Originally posted by ej2525: I am & always will be a Stros fan.... just tired of getting mad/frustrated because of their play (lack of play). I was pumped going into this season with the talent they had on the team. And where has that talent got them? A losing record, 19.5 games behind the division leader & 5 teams ahead of them in the wildcard race.

:D :D :D Amazing turnaround u can root them on now. im a rangers fan but for now i ll root for the astros. We at least got the Silver Boot Trophy and now astros can go for the World Series Trophy

IHStangFan
10-09-2004, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Want to buy a Rangers hat??? HA!! thats funny.

Phil C
10-09-2004, 07:01 PM
Astros have a good shot at making it past Atlanta. They have the home field tomorrow and if they win it is over. If they don't win they have to go to Atlanta but they know they can win in Atlanta. They might not make it but they have a good chance.

setex
10-09-2004, 08:45 PM
What's the chance of getting SRO tommorrow, and still make my house note next month?

JasperDog94
10-09-2004, 10:43 PM
Phil's not the manager of the year or anything. I would like to retract the previous statement.:D :D :D

I got to go to the game today. Man, people were cheering so loud in the first inning that I thought I'd missed the first 8 and just got there in time for the 9th.:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Flourhead
10-09-2004, 11:00 PM
well they finally have something cheer about so they're gonna be going crazy for as long as they can... anyone think the national league pennant or whatever it is will be dodgers vs. braves?

JasperDog94
10-09-2004, 11:05 PM
chirp....chirp, chirp....ribbit.....