PDA

View Full Version : Bellville/Brenham scrimmage

Bull's-eye
08-15-2004, 12:04 AM
The scrimmage ended tied with both teams scoring one TD. Bellville's defense did a pretty solid job, except for giving up one long pass that led to Brenham's only score. Bellville answered with a 70 yd TD scramble from Sanders. The good news for the Brahmas, is that they played toe to toe with a top 10 4A team! Their young defense performed much better than I expected. The bad news is that the offense seemed to struggle. The offensive moved the ball at times, but just couldn't consistantly move the chains. The passing game didn't look very good and there weren't a lot of holes for the backs. One thing for sure, Bellville can score on any play. Sander's TD came after he was flushed out of the pocket. He made some "Michael Vick" type moves and out ran the Brenham defense.

adof
08-15-2004, 12:17 AM
i gotta agree with bull-eye!!! I think bellville shock alot of people in this scrimmage!!! I think the coach saw alot of good things!!! Running game i think look pretty good at times when they mad the sub thats when everything change. Passing game sanders look good throwing the ball i thought and recievers looked pretty good throwing the ball like i said early during 7on7 i think the boots and the qbs sprint outs are going to be the thing for sanders so he can do his vick moves LOL!!!

Great job bulls

BrahmaMom
08-15-2004, 08:51 AM
I commented on "how did your scrimmage go". I thought Bellville looked very good. The substitutions threw me, but I thought Sanders was excellent. He is going to surprise folks this year. Alan Cooper showed lots of potential. I was excited that the defense looked as strong as it did. Harrison reminded me of past LB's--mean and tough. This team is gonna post some wins, have some great runs, big hits, and LOTS of fun! Go Bulls!

Bellville22
08-15-2004, 02:37 PM
I like what I'm hearing. Sorry I couldn't make it out, but I was moving to a new house in CS.

Keep improving Bulls!!!