PDA

View Full Version : 7-3a Scrimmages

CRHSeagle
08-14-2004, 10:55 PM
How did your teams fair these weekend?

slpybear the bullfan
08-15-2004, 11:04 AM
Bridgeport Scrimmaged Paradise...

The offense and defense both looked rusty, although as the night progressed, some of that rust started coming off.

RB Colin Jones looks like he is picking up where he left off last year.

CRHSeagle
08-15-2004, 01:39 PM
Castleberry vs. Sanger Scrimmage

We started off slow on D but we held Sanger's offense all night.
Their only touchdown came on a fumble by our qb that was returned for a TD. Our O also started slow but eventually we started clicking. Our running back broke a TD for about 60+ yards and we had a wide reciever who had 100+ recieving yards. Our second string center had troubles getting snaps down so turnovers killed us...We see what happens next week when we scrimmage Graham.

bullfrog_alumni_02
08-16-2004, 09:32 AM
if anyone has any info on lw scrimmages, please post it.

BullFrog Dad
08-16-2004, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by bullfrog_alumni_02
if anyone has any info on lw scrimmages, please post it. Train Wreck!!! That's putting it mildly. John, We lost 4 to 1 to Nolan Catholic. It wasn't that close and they weren't that good. Some really disturbing things I saw, one of our starting WRs decided that it was enough for him after our 1st team offense playset. Off go the pads and socks/cleats and on go the sandals as well as the conversations with people in the stands, female trainers, etc. Coach Whitmire ask Nolan for a ten playset for 1st team offense later in the scrimmage and if this kid kid would only move as fast on the field as he did getting "resuited-up"! Another player who's fighting for a starting spot seemed more concerned about having the right CD in his Walkman than what was going on throughout the scrimmage. One more, late in the scrimmage we get picked 50 yds. down field, our WR airlifts and bodyslams the CB to the ground as LW's coaches, players, and fans went wild! I was tempted to stand up and shout "Everyone interceptions should be cheered only when you make them not when you give them up". This was a totally different team than what I saw at recent workouts.

The One
08-16-2004, 04:06 PM
Man that is unbelievable. Does that coach have any control over the situation? Its going to be hard to win with no discipline. That reminds me of some of Gainesville's teams of the past. Now they have a great coach that has instilled some discipline up there and look at them now. They are well on there way to defending their championship.

Chief Woodman
08-16-2004, 04:34 PM
CRHSEagle- Am I mistaken or are you the # 74 player from last years Carter Riverside team? Just wondering because your name CRHSeagle dosen't match you team or the lion at the bottom of your posts.

As for this weeks scrimmage I was at work and did not get to see it. I have heard a preliminay report, but it is from someone who always says that the Eagles are a terrible team. I have tried to contact some folks who's judgements seem a little more balanced but I have not heard back yet.

rhino33
08-16-2004, 06:51 PM
disaster!!!!!!

thats all im gonna say

Matthew328
08-16-2004, 06:54 PM
I heard Castleberry looked good in their scrimmage against Sanger....rhino don't get too discouraged just yet...it's just the first scrimmage and you guys have time to work things out....

rhino33
08-16-2004, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
....rhino don't get too discouraged just yet...it's just the first scrimmage and you guys have time to work things out....

o we arent discouraged, i was just sayin wat exactly it was, we definately are getting better, we believe that was just wat we needed, it was kinda a wake up call

Matthew328
08-16-2004, 06:57 PM
Who did ya'll scrimmage??

rhino33
08-16-2004, 07:06 PM
bonham, we (too many people) went in to the game thinkin we were gonna roll over this "country" town

CRHSeagle
08-16-2004, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by Chief Woodman
CRHSEagle- Am I mistaken or are you the # 74 player from last years Carter Riverside team? Just wondering because your name CRHSeagle dosen't match you team or the lion at the bottom of your posts.

I moved with my mom and now go to Castleberry but I use to play for Carter Riverside when I lived with my dad. I just didnt want to change my screen name.

BTW Chief, I noticed that Decatur wear wearing black helmets at their scrimmage. Did they get new uniforms? The ones from last year were pretty sharp.

CRHSeagle
08-16-2004, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
I heard Castleberry looked good in their scrimmage against Sanger....rhino don't get too discouraged just yet...it's just the first scrimmage and you guys have time to work things out....

I dont mean to sound like a homer or have a biased opinion but we played pretty okay. We watched film today and we held their O all scrimmage long. The only times they scored was when they were doing our 15 redzone plays and when our QB fumbled while he was throwing the ball. Our offense could have been a whole lot better....