PDA

View Full Version : hutto vs luling scrimmage?

hutex04
08-14-2004, 10:55 PM
Anyone know how that srimmage went? Any Luling fans out there? thanks

Mustang '89
08-14-2004, 11:24 PM
I found this post on another board by someone who went to the Hutto scrimmage:

"The Hippos came alive in the 2nd half of the this early morning scrimmage. Remember this name:Jeremy Kerley!! During the Hippos 1st team,1st offensive set,the Sophomore QB took the 2nd snap of the scrimmage and scampered 76 yards for the TD!!! They moved the ball well against the Eagle defense but 2 turnovers stopped their drives. Luling's 1st team offense could not really mount any kinda of drive against the VERY quick and aggressive young Hippos 1st team defense,they only crossed the 50 yard line once. Both 2nd team offenses scored 1 touchdown a piece against each other. But on the Hippos 1st team,2nd offensive series saw Hutto put up 2 quick scores in consecutive plays. First,was a 25 yard run by Soph. TB Jerrick Gauthier. On the next play from scrimmage Kerley found Gauthier outrunning the defense and threw a perfect 75 yard TD bomb. Gauthier made a beautiful over the shoulder catch and never broke stride!! I was most impressed with the Hippos defense. Both the 1st and 2nd team defenses had a combined 7 sacks. Jeremy Kerley was just outstanding in leading the Hippos offense. He had several long runs and some great throws. Hutto travels 5 miles down FM 685 to play Pflugerville Hendrickson in their final scrimmage of the year on Thursday."

Forgive me for not posting just a link, I suck at that.

hutex04
08-14-2004, 11:28 PM
Thanks Mustang, I told yall Hutto is gonna be a big surprise. You dont know what websight you got that from? Cause that was a really good report. Thanks for posting and good luck to Manor this year

Mustang '89
08-14-2004, 11:37 PM
hutex check pm.

hutex04
08-14-2004, 11:47 PM
ok mustang, i figrued out where the private thing is lol, i really am bad with computers