PDA

View Full Version : La Grange Del Valle Scrimmage

Pudlugger
08-14-2004, 03:40 PM
The Leps impressed today against a huge Del Valle (4A) D line. The first teams went 2-0 La Grange, while the second and third teams went 1-3 Del Valle. Overall a 3-3 tie, but the Leps looked like the better team head to head. I was especially impressed with two guys: Casey Land #58, 6'5" 270 lb soph DT who made several big tackles in the Del Valle backfield; and Andre McKenzie ,#20 junior tailback, showed both great speed and toughness making some long yards breaking tackles rushing. The Leps have some young guys this year who appear to be stepping up to play with confidence. They are very fast on both sides of the ball and, surprisingly, made several nice completions to #2 Minzenmeyer, #8 Ulrich and #80 soph TE Terrence Hunt. Seniors Tanner Welch, Keith Hickle, Kyle Daniels, Bryan minzenmeyer and Collen Zapalac were outstanding. Go Leps!:)

Old Green
08-14-2004, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
The Leps impressed today against a huge Del Valle (4A) D line. The first teams went 2-0 La Grange, while the second and third teams went 1-3 Del Valle. Overall a 3-3 tie, but the Leps looked like the better team head to head. I was especially impressed with two guys: Casey Land #58, 6'5" 270 lb soph DT who made several big tackles in the Del Valle backfield; and Andre McKenzie ,#20 junior tailback, showed both great speed and toughness making some long yards breaking tackles rushing. The Leps have some young guys this year who appear to be stepping up to play with confidence. They are very fast on both sides of the ball and, surprisingly, made several nice completions to #2 Minzenmeyer, #8 Ulrich and #80 soph TE Terrence Hunt. Seniors Tanner Welch, Keith Hickle, Kyle Daniels, Bryan minzenmeyer and Collen Zapalac were outstanding. Go Leps!:)
Who were the Qb's Coach Valastro looked at today?:)

LGHernandez#5
08-14-2004, 03:58 PM
Yes we played very well today. I'm still a little frustrated that I didn't get the ball today but I did play alot of d.

LGHernandez#5
08-14-2004, 04:44 PM
Everybody has always talked about our defense being our strong point. But look out our offense is clicking and we are going to surprise alot of people, so watch out bc this year we are coming full steam ahead.

Pudlugger
08-14-2004, 05:01 PM
Old Green Daniels was 1st team and two sophs alternated in: Matt Woods and Reese Cernoch. Both of these young guys looked impressive so the Leps are loaded at Qb this year. Yes LGHernandez#5, I was disappointed that they didn't pitch the ball to you on several of those 17 and 18 veers. The young Qbs will learn to pitch it rather than take a hit in the backfield as was the case on a few plays today. Don't worry, you'll get your chance in a few weeks when the season gets into high gear. Today the coaches were more interested in seeing how some of the underclassmen perform under fire. This is probably the fastest team since 2000. If that O line gels (and I think it will) the Leps will be all right this year.

LGHernandez#5
08-14-2004, 05:09 PM
What really made my day today was getting to play with my younger brother Jay, hes a sothmore and he was really excited getting to play. I'll give it to him he played his little butt off. It just made me feel good playing with him.

La Grange
08-14-2004, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
...Seniors...Kyle Daniels...

Kyle will be a junior this year, not a senior. He was excellant today aswell, he went 6 for 6 passing for around 45 yards and he probably had around 70 rushing yards with a couple of long breaks. The players I was most impressed were Casey Land and Andree McKenzie. Casey did an outstanding job at noseguard today, and Andree played great at noseguard, rush end, fullback, and tailback.

I only got to play around 11 snaps on defense since I am already a starter, but I had a pretty decent scrimmage anyway.

Pudlugger
08-14-2004, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by La Grange
Kyle will be a junior this year, not a senior. He was excellant today aswell, he went 6 for 6 passing for around 45 yards and he probably had around 70 rushing yards with a couple of long breaks. The players I was most impressed were Casey Land and Andree McKenzie. Casey did an outstanding job at noseguard today, and Andree played great at noseguard, rush end, fullback, and tailback.

I only got to play around 11 snaps on defense since I am already a starter, but I had a pretty decent scrimmage anyway.

Yeah, Daniels is a senior. I knew that...Duh what was I thinking?LOL.
You looked good today LG.

hutex04
08-14-2004, 10:58 PM
Everybody has always talked about our defense being our strong point. But look out our offense is clicking and we are going to surprise alot of people, so watch out bc this year we are coming full steam ahead.

I don't know how yall could surpise anyone, yall have been good for quite a while. No one is gonna be surprised by La Grange, unless they do bad. I'm not insulting you eaither, just saying yall are a good team that everyone respects and does not take for granted

La Grange
08-15-2004, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by hutex04

I don't know how yall could surpise anyone, yall have been good for quite a while. No one is gonna be surprised by La Grange, unless they do bad. I'm not insulting you eaither, just saying yall are a good team that everyone respects and does not take for granted

Who do yall play in preseason?

Kerley is a decent quarterback, he did alright agianst LG last year as a freshman. I suspect more of the veers and options this year with him at the helm.

hutex04
08-15-2004, 02:15 AM
we play Leander Vista Ridge
Austin Travis and Liberty Hill then on to district

Pudlugger
08-15-2004, 07:25 AM
Speaking of surprising people, I've said it before on this board: Hutto will upset more than one team this season. I saw a young Hippo team with loads of talent last year. They took the Leps to task for the first 20 minutes of the game until they stopped the Hippos holding them to a fieldgoal late in the second quater to go up 10-0. Until they put in the two big men from the O line at DT and NG in a goal line stand set to stop the Hippos from running up the Lep middle, it looked grim. After that the Lep D got its rythm and made the adjustments to stop the run. It was an exciting game, closer than the score would indicate. The Leps will not overlook the Hippos this year.

Pudlugger
08-15-2004, 07:29 AM
The big story for this Leopard scrimmage was the Lep O line. Those guys dominated against a D line averaging over 300 lbs. A pleasant surprise to say the least. Nice days work guys, keep it up.:D