PDA

View Full Version : Cuero is the Darkhorse in DII

Pudlugger
08-12-2004, 06:35 PM
A blue chip Rb and a huge OL spell success for the Gobblers this year. Is 2004 the year of the Gobbler? The Turkeys have been there before, and have a winning tradition. They have developed more than their share of DI players in recent history. This year they have a chance to win it all in DII. Yes, I know, if Silsbee (the doormat in 4A) gets a playoff spot then Jasper will be the 400 pound Gorilla in 3a DII Region 3. Even so, Cuero has to be the team to beat from Region 4. The Leps get a look at this powerhouse in week one. The Gobblers look to me to be the toughest team for the Leps this season, and I anticipate a very tough game. My Leps are a very determined group of guys who might surprise the Turkeys, but nevertheless, Cuero is my favorite as the DII Regional Champions. Get ready, Leps, for a sloberknocker in Week One.;)

Gobbla2001
08-12-2004, 06:40 PM
Well thanks for all of the compliments...

I didn't know we were your first game... I guess it's because this is the first time I can ever remember Cuero playing a game week Zero ha...

I don't think anyone here in Cuero is looking past the leps this year, you guys looked pretty good in scrimmage last year and return/bring up great talent...

The thing I soaked in most from your post was:

"My Leps are a very determined group of guys..."

That is no lie...

Looking forward to a good game between two great programs...

Specklebelly
08-12-2004, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
Cuero is my favorite as the DII Regional Champions.

...and at the same time I would not be a bit suprised if Sweeny shot them down in the first round of the playoffs. Cuero has a load of talent but they have appeared soft to me the few times I have seen them play in the last few years.

bc 76
08-13-2004, 06:32 AM
Cuero will be tested when they host Wharton in week 2. Wharton will put up some points against Cuero but i think in the end Cuero will take this game.I look for Wharton to start the season 0-2 with losses to El Campo & Cuero two very good teams that can run the ball, Wharton biggest problem like always stopping the run.

sinton66
08-13-2004, 06:40 AM
With Reeves in his second year, Cuero should be improved. Should be a good game.

44INAROW
08-13-2004, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by Specklebelly
...and at the same time I would not be a bit suprised if Sweeny shot them down in the first round of the playoffs. Cuero has a load of talent but they have appeared soft to me the few times I have seen them play in the last few years.

Anthing is possible and you might be right but BELIEVE ME, there is no comparison to Cuero's team a few years ago and now.

Phil C
08-13-2004, 08:39 AM
"Cuero a Darkhouse?! You gotta be kidding! They are a powerhouse!" - The Sinton GodFather, August 2004

Gobbla2001
08-13-2004, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by Specklebelly
You are absolutely correct... The past few years displayed a soft Cuero...

That is until game 3 of last year...

Soft has been removed from every dictionary in Cuero...

JasperDog94
08-13-2004, 02:57 PM
I wouldn't consider Jasper a 400 pound gorilla...maybe 350 cause we don't have the size on the O-line this year. That's the rumor anyway. I'll have to wait and see em' for myself.