PDA

View Full Version : Highschool preview?????

hutex04
08-12-2004, 04:26 PM
The Austin american statesman, usually has a highschool preview in the sports section, of local football teams. Are they having it again this year? Or have they had it yet? thanks

Mustang '89
08-12-2004, 05:29 PM
They usaully do it a week or so before the season starts. I know they had a reporter at Manor yesterday doing interviews, so that probably means they don't have all of their info together.

hutex04
08-12-2004, 05:32 PM
wanna see what they have to say about my beloved Hutto haha

Mustang '89
08-12-2004, 05:41 PM
They should have a lot of good things to say. I think the Hippos will be the "darkhorse" in 19-3A. A lot of people overlook Hutto (and Manor also..) because they don't have the history of these other teams in 3A. Kerley is going to surprise a lot of teams this year. I just hope they don't get the Mustangs.

olddawggreen
08-12-2004, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by hutex04
wanna see what they have to say about my beloved Hutto haha

Hey hutex04, this is off the subject but does the water still taste really bad in Hutto? When I was playing football for Bertram Jr. High School back in the late 60's, we played your guys in Hutto. The thing that I rember the most about the game, (besides getting beat :( ) was gettting a drink of water out of the water fountain at the school there. It tasted really bad, like it had a lot of sulfur or something in it. I swear something solid came out of the fountain.:eek: Somethings you just don't forget.

Mustang '89
08-12-2004, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by olddawggreen
Hey hutex04, this is off the subject but does the water still taste really bad in Hutto? When I was playing football for Bertram Jr. High School back in the late 60's, we played your guys in Hutto. The thing that I rember the most about the game, (besides getting beat :( ) was gettting a drink of water out of the water fountain at the school there. It tasted really bad, like it had a lot of sulfur or something in it. I swear something solid came out of the fountain.:eek: Somethings you just don't forget.

The city I remember having terrible water in my High School days:

Luling.....( is that oil I taste?)

and Manor has terrible water to this day.... I had to spend big $$$'s on a water softener just to be able to drink it.

olddawggreen
08-12-2004, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by Mustang '89

and Manor has terrible water to this day.... I had to spend big $$$'s on a water softener just to be able to drink it.

I remember the old saying, Follow Your Nose To Luling! I dont think Ive tried the water there. The BBQ and Beer taste pretty good there though.:)

Gobbla2001
08-12-2004, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by Mustang '89

Don't you just love driving through Luling?

Ahhhh... the horrible smell of money...

Old Tiger
08-12-2004, 10:32 PM
Hey hutex04, this is off the subject but does the water still taste really bad in Hutto? When I was playing football for Bertram Jr. High School back in the late 60's, we played your guys in Hutto. The thing that I rember the most about the game, (besides getting beat :( ) was gettting a drink of water out of the water fountain at the school there. It tasted really bad, like it had a lot of sulfur or something in it. I swear something solid came out of the fountain.:eek: Somethings you just don't forget. speaking of water Rockdale's is brownish lol

olddawggreen
08-12-2004, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
speaking of water Rockdale's is brownish lol

Maybe thats because your town probably sucks it right out of the Brazos :eek: :eek: :D

hutex04
08-12-2004, 11:47 PM
Yeah Hutto water still sux, taste like your drinking rust or blood. I rather dehidrate then drink that water

Old Tiger
08-12-2004, 11:49 PM
Maybe thats because your town probably sucks it right out of the Brazos :eek: :eek: :D They probably use the poo poo water